World Border

RoyalPaladin

I think its to reduce lags thats why its not that big, if you want a good plot or land you have to join and claim like after rollback but its still possible to find a good plot you just need to give it more tries and time, I've been there the pain of searching new good plot it took me good 4hrs to find it

Yes, I understand that it is not to give lag, but it is kind of small, it should increase a little now, at least a little.
I'm talking about this to benefit myself and I imagine that others will also, I particularly like to stay away from any activity that players did, I do not like grifs or anything, so I go as far as possible from the spawn, it's just an idea u.u , thanks for listening. (I have servers that stay up to 5 days walking to go as far as possible.)

• Founder

Actually the world border is not to reduce lag, the main reason we do have a world border on the main map is that we keep the main world on a RAM Drive for faster load. A RAM Drive is a Drive created using RAM Memory, since the RAM Memory is limited we need the world border to make sure the world will not keep growing in size so we run out of memory. All other worlds except Mystacraft dimensions are saved on HardDrive so they don't have a world border.

By looking on the DynMap you can see that the main map has little room left, so I think we should increase the world border size a little, right now it's set at 5000blocks radius, we also have some free ram memory available and some reserved to mystcraft worlds as a buffer.

I increased the world border from 5000 to 5500 blocks radius.

• Founder

RAM is much faster then SSD, but we also had to chose from 200GB vs 2TB, so we picked up the HDD so we can hold 1 month of backup storage and use a ram drive for faster performance, SSD are 300-500 mb/s and RAM is over 5 gb/s depending on RAM speed. Also SSD loses speed as it gets full.

Check this info out:  https://www.geckoandfly.com/21507/ramdisk-virtual-disk-memory/

We also run multiple servers on each dedicated server so running all of them on a single SSD will affect performance.

Archived