Disable "closeclaim" permission

Archmaestro

Due to the fact that this permission is rarely ever used and is now the subject of an abuse complaint, I think it is best that this permission is disabled. If someone needs to have their towns right up against one another, they can have an admin do the claiming for them. otherwise they can both be a part of the same town, adding their claim blocks together and having the mayor/assistants assigning plots and deciding claim permissions.

12 hours ago, Archmaestro said:

Due to the fact that this permission is rarely ever used and is now the subject of an abuse complaint, I think it is best that this permission is disabled. If someone needs to have their towns right up against one another, they can have an admin do the claiming for them. otherwise they can both be a part of the same town, adding their claim blocks together and having the mayor/assistants assigning plots and deciding claim permissions.

Saying That You Can turn It into a nation which will allow them to be together

You never want to be part of the same town if you can help it. Otherwise, you're responsible for other people's actions. That's one of the reasons me and someone else, as I've done on many previous maps, would closeclaim and have separate towns to prevent getting screwed by others' mistakes.

You see, where you're wrong is I'm not responsible for their actions. They are responsible for their own actions. What I'm getting from you, here, is that I shouldn't trust anyone because it's my fault they cannot display a shred of dignity/honesty and refrain from doing something that is obviously, without a doubt, damaging. Now if I were to keep allowing the same person back in, despite their history of abuse, then it is my fault. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I'm just curious... do you have closeclaim enabled, right now? Do you know of anyone using it, right now? Do you know of anyone planning to use it EVER in the future? I welcome comments from others as I see this is a VERY rarely used permission - something that should be reason enough (ignoring the fact that it is the subject of a griefing complaint) to disable it permanently, as was the "allowpvp" flag. Maybe I want to start an arena and to keep people from dishonestly claiming other peoples' armor. I collect the loot myself and allow nobody else to loot it, and then promptly give it back to the owner. Not everyone wants to pvp in the wilderness. I've used the "allowpvp" flag in my claim before, notably before the last reset (not the most recent one, but the one before that.) therefore it shouldn't have been disabled.

Same for closeclaim. I also use it, so why should your wishes be taken at a higher priority than anyone else's? 

You clearly don't understand the rules of the server, where you are responsible for things that you are a part of. When you have the tools to prevent something, and it happens, it's your fault. 

Yes I don't understand why this seems to happen. maybe there's a delay to the permissions monitoring or a whitelist plugin that's not playing nice... not sure at this point. If this permission doesn't get disabled, I would suggest that any town which IS claimed closer than what's allowed by default has that permission locked so only what has already been stolen can be lived in. It's a problem with the players that join the server, and not the plugin. My only concern is when someone joins and abuses a bug like that so they can corrupt someone's town, which is another reason I want to get a space station going (was in the middle of this before I rejoined to find out that I'm crashing the server on login)

Honestly, in any town or plot I've built my base on, in the permissions, I've never had close-claim be a problem. I've never witnessed it be true, unless I've set it to that. In all my experience, it works perfectly fine and will only be turned on by someone. Other then that, it'll be false. And to be fair, although I don't see many people using it, or having it set to true, in their towns or bases, I still think it's a great command to have, in the event someone wants to use it or have it on.

I can honestly say there has been times, where it would have been quite useful if I knew about it when I was first starting out with some friends of mine. And, if I do ever plan to go team up with some friends in the future, I believe I would honestly use it.

Archived