New Town Rank: Guest/Visitor

scitor

Hi, another thing I thought of was a new Rank for Visitors/Guests.

With all that griefing and haters it's advisable to have the town perms enter false (generally, not only on your server). I know that doesnt prevent all scams, but at least the most common.

But the thing is I want to have visitors in my Town, and I dont want to invite them since they get access, or set the perm to enter true (since i forget to change it).

It would be cool to have a rank, enabling him just to enter and look around.

-scitor

Well, there is kind of a workaround: Plots.

With plots I could add as many Residents as I wanted, as long as I have protected the private part of the town with plots with perm enter false.

But the same problem would then apply to the private plot.

This permission group would have to exist as a town member permission group which would still require inviting and take up 1 of the allowable 3 towns that a person could be associated with.  Furthermore if there were a way to allow the visitor ability to exist without the invite/taking up the town slot it would ultimately bypass the enter false permission set entirely which would further allow people to gain the coordinates of vital blocks of a base and potentially remotely grief them. 

Archived