[Custom recipe] Hungry node recipe

Timur

Finding hungry node in wild is hard by it`s own. But if you trying to find it on server, it becomes imposible.

I suggest to add custom recipe, so you can craft your own Hungry node.

210f88d6042f0a929f537fea4c95d78a.png

Here is custom recipe. All you need is to add (OBSOLETE) THIS file to "minecraft\modpack\expert\scripts", and restart server.

Materials used:

(Center) Oblivion jar

(Left)Envy shard

(Right)Greed shard

(Top)Soul of Hunger demon

(Bottom)Black hole talisman

P.S. I found a problem in this recipe, you can`t craft Oblivion jar, because it uses Hungry chest (Banned item) in recipe.

Here is Updated file, with recipe fixes FILE

Hungry node.zs

Honestly, if you guys will add a hungry node recipe, i'd suggest making the recipe ALOT harder [even harder than creative energy cells] since hungry nodes are meant to be hard to gain due to them being ridiculously OP for Thaumcraft when you have the proper feeding methods.[Thus having a low spawn chance even in the Deep Dark where there are literally 100's of nodes within render distance.]
Can you think up of some thaumcraft/botania/witchery items which are hard to gain for mid-end game players, maybe we can add those to the recipie. I myself, never advanced that much in Infinity so its upto you or the people who regularly play magic mods in Infinity Evolved Expert Mode.

Considering the fact you can BUY nodes at spawn, you got some chance to spawn it in your base. Also, this node you can craft is WEAKEST node possible. It`s "Fading".

If you manage to feed this node to a normal size one, good for you, and good luck harnesing it. Also, this node not so OP as you say. You can easly grow your own normal node using Blood magics teleportators. Also, recipes not that easy.

I'll stay pretty neutral in this, as I have little experience with magic mods.

I disagree with making the recipe SUPER DIFFICULT, if we look at it there isn't really anyone on the server more than a handful that has a creative energy cell, would we want this with the node too? 

If it's now so super lategame thing then perhaps leave it as it is? As yusixs say, they can be found in deep dark and that gets reset. Or people can find theirs in RFTools dimensions - I presume. 

As for the actual suggestion and difficulty of the crafting recipe, I'm not at my computer at the moment so I can't check up on the difficulty of making the components. So I'll either nay or yay the suggestion, might edit this post at a later time when I know more.

Shards and "Hunger demon soul" is items you can get from mobs.

b939a7e96befd21f9129e092f8919229.pngf57be2421a63e738a8263a60c13d4ada.png

By it`s own, hungry node is not that better then normal nodes. Only diffrence, if you toss random items for it to "Eat", node will grow. That way you can get huge node. Only use of this "Huge" node, is recharging wands. And some use to power Thaumcraft machines. If you want to make node REALLY big, you will have to spend a week constatntly feeding it with TONS of material. Hungry node is not about Lategame, or becoming OP. It`s more like IC2 nuclear reactor (Tedious, dangerous, resource consuming, yeat fun).

That sounds cool it's like adding a mod.  But does it show up in my minecraft or will no one know about it through NEI?  Also hungry nodes are not hard to get, all you need to do is fly real fast through the deep dark to find one for about a half hour so it's not really overpowered.

I think it shows up in NEI, Minetweaker change recipes for everybody.

As a proof if concept, you DO get changed recipes when server change mod to Expert. (When mode changed, it start using another set of recipes, and even if you don`t have any recipes files, you still get recipes from server)

@brunyman, if you will add this recipe, make sure you add fixed version.

so, with all changes and idea's, what is the real way to make the hungry node then ?

cause you cant use the black hole talisman, banned for dupe

nor can the hungry chest be made, also for dupe

This item can hold infinite amount of blocks you mining, like it sucks cobblestone blocks while you mining, and store it. I`m not sure how you can "Bypass protection". Probably only way to "grieff" is to fill chests with cobblestone by shift clicking chest with Non-empty Talisman. Also this item can place blocks it holding by rightclicking on ground. if @brunyman will tweak MyTown permission, and disable rightclick and shift+rightclick in towns, it will fix issue, and talisman can be unbanned.

• 2 months later...

Updated file and updated recipe to not include any more banned items. Official guide also made, please go to said topic and use the file given there and replace the one you already have. 

Thank you!

Archived