FTB Direwolf20 1.7.10 Server time for WIPE? Vote here!

brunyman

dw wipe  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for a full server WIPE on our Direwolf20 1.7.10 server?

• YES! The main map is full, server is lagging and a new start will be great!
    • NO! I don't want a server WIPE now!

• Founder

Hello, our Direwolf20 1.7.10 server got less and less players lately, mainly because the main map is full with bases and there is not much free space left for new player to start. Because of this I decided that it's time to see if a WIPE is needed, we will need your votes to be able to do it.

Reasons I think it's time for a WIPE:

• Last WIPE was on 2 September 2016, that's about 6 months ago.
  • Not much free space left on the main map for new players:  Live Map Here
  • Server is a bit laggy as there are vary many bases on the map.
  • A full server WIPE will allow us to get a new Map Seed and make the server less laggy.

Note that if we will WIPE the current main map will be available for download so you can still play on it on your local computer. Full WIPE means everything resets worlds, inventory's in-game data except for ranks.

Please vote and tell us if you think it's time for a server WIPE.

We could use a different look for the spawn, and a wipe is a perfect time to implement it. Here's one we built last time that brunyman never looked at: 

If @brunyman could take a look at it, and tell us whether or not its acceptable, that would help a lot.

i think its a great idea, I've been playing for quite a while now and have realised that every village is looted, there are a lot of bases. so, i think that reseting everything but ranks is great as everyone will start fresh and it will be exciting to explore a new map and new players. i think that the mudpack has a lot of opportunity for a nature style spawn or even a high tech one and give it a whole different feel :D

agree with a wipe, of course. As it's for the best for the server, if we keep it going it's just inevitable that in the end we can't run it.

I know a reset sucks, I just got started too, but wouldn't it be nice to be on the same page as every other player? Everything can be rebuilt :)

And as @Faction_PvP suggested, that players would keep their inventory... I don't approve of that either. As then players would just pile up their entire base in their inventory and we'd have to make an actual reset not long after.

What people have to realise this is for the maintenance of craftersland. It is especially hard to let go of your base mid game, however this will lead to a better map, better spawn and more freedom when choosing bases. A non corroded map will be much more appealing to new players and will bring lots of new minds to the community, not to mention how much less lag there will be. This is done for the community, not individuals.

I think a map wipe and new seed would be great. too many abandoned little towns scattered around. 
Also, it gives people a new challenge. all the people that are endgame now will stay motivated and play more frequently.

I hope it also fixes the market, prices are extremely low because everyone has an autocrafter and infinite resources.

Archived