[Vote] Changing the rule 1#

kgb222

[1] No Hacked Clients:

• 1st offense = 7 days ban.
  • 2nd offense = 14 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 28 days ban.
  • 4th offense = 60 days ban.

This includes flight mods, xray mods, speed modifications of any type, nofall, chest finders, vanish, FULLBRIGHT and etc et all that offer gameplay advantages over the normal mod pack.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12504964

I think fullbright could be removed from the rules, because its not affect the gameplay for all. Its helping with mining etc.
example:

It does affect your gameplay by having fullbright, but a hack is still a hack right?

Fullbright changes gameplay a lot. For example, you don't have to place torches, giving you an advantage over players who don't have fullbright and have to place torches everywhere. A hack is a hack, and this mod is designed to make things easier for you. Mods designed to make things easier for only you, the player with the mod installed, and thus giving you an advantage regular players don't have, is called cheating, or in this case, a hack. You have hacked your game by changing certain values within the core files, in order to make things easier on yourself. Again, this is hacking/cheating/getting a gameplay advantage over the normal modpack.

This modification should not, and very likely, WILL NOT, be removed from the prohibited hacks and cheats list, and anybody using it will be banned according to the rules.

EDIT//

There are other ways to see in the dark that can be obtained legitimately in these mod packs. You could try night vision potions, draconium armor, thaumcraft, enchantments, and many other things. However, if you choose to not play the game, and find methods that are against the rules but take less effort than the already provided methods in the game, you will be punished, according to the rules, for doing so.

And for the record, fullbright and gamma modification accomplish exactly the same goals, and should be considered the same thing.

EDIT//

The point is, modifying your game so you don't need to use the ingame methods is cheating, or hacking. Changing your config is not a vanilla way of seeing in the dark. Using drac armor is a vanilla way of seeing in the dark, as it is intended and part of the gameplay.

Don't misconstrue my words and points, and don't try to get into technicalities, as they are beside the point, which is changing your game in a non-vanilla method to obtain an advantage over the regular gameplay. 

Allowed mods include Optifine, Better Foilage, Fastcraft, and many shaders as well. These are all purely visual mods that add no advantage over other players, and change nothing except your frames per second. None of them include seeing in the dark, or x-ray, or player detection, and what you are proposing is to change the way your game is played, simply to see better, and thus have an easier time than the other players.

Draconic armor is something you'd work towards, or if you get night vision using tinkers armor. Then go for it, using your method would involve that someone gets " night vision " from the point when they spawn.

An extreme example is that you're not handed a free ME system to make things easier when you join the modpack. You have to earn it yourself or buy it, the same should be about this. This is a modification of the game client and this is exactly why the rule is in place, a change is not required.

This is not for all to decide, this is for staff to decide upon.

I mean if you'd ask 50 players if they wanted a stack of diamonds the majority would say yes. This is also cheaty, the majority would say yes. That's not how rules should be decided.

First of all, as quagma said, as long as it gives you an advantage over the other players it is called cheating no matter how minor or major you consider it is.As for your drac armor argument, if there is a legitimate version of you reaching full brightness or anything else like it that doesn't mean you should be able to use a modification since to reach that armor work is required and it wouldn't be fair for the ones that actually worked for it, also it is similar to saying "flying hacks should be allowed because the angelic ring is in the pack and/or because the KAMI armor is in the game", "speed hacks  should be allowed because botania has the sashes" and so on.Just the fact that there is a legitimate way of gaining the benefits should be enough proof that the rule shouldn't be changed.

Secondly, you can make your poll, but I don't know if it will be taken in consideration since it's made on a site outside of our community and anyone, not just people from our community can vote on it.
     In conclusion, I do not see why this rule needs to change now or ever.

Im against of your proposal, first things first. If you're cheating you should get a permban. No tempban, I have the experience that i have made 4 post of Julian196 who is a scammer. But the staff keep tempban him when he should get ban, nothing personal tho but he never stop scamming actually he has been banned 6 times. My point is you shouldnt have more that 3 opportunity to change, if you keep being banned for the same reason you should get permbann. No adding more days to been unbanned.

But like Skilande said "rules dont have to change".

Archived