Change rules on pvp?

Direwolf20

It was recently decided to disallow free wilderness killing and only have consensual pvp.  Pvp has always been a huge part of the Tekkit server.  The Tekkit server is very popular I think because of pvp.  I don't think free pvp should be banned because it is exciting.  However, the reasoning is that even more people will stay on server because it feels so safe.  I do not believe this is beneficial because you have unlimited lives and pvp fits as a fun part of the game.  I think it does more harm than good.  So I think free pvp should be allowed again right now for only Tekkit server.

Yeah, but, when youu are a new player, and you just lost all your stuff and experience, probably multiple times, do you think they are going to stay, and continue to not be able to progress, or do you think they will go somewhere else, to a different server where they can feel safer and not die constantly? Free wilderness pvp is usually just noob hunting, and that's not good for us.

We need that influx of new players, and new players become old players, and old players buy stuff from us, thus keeping the server up and running. Sure, pvp is a part of the game, but you can also have fun in arranged fights. It's like boxing, or wrestling. It's also important for players to have good sportsmanship, and consensual pvp battles encourage this.

Often times, players who abuse the pvp in the wilderness also cause other problems for the sake of causing problems, and often transfer to other servers when they get punished for that. It's a good idea to nip this kind of behavior in the bud, before it becomes a real problem, and this will do it. Noob hunting is, basically, a gateway crime, as it wasn't exactly illegal, and encourages other attempts to toe the line and cause many other disputes and issues.

I understand that I'm not Tekkit staff, nor have I played there. However, I do believe that I have experience with problem players, and with wilderness pvp. I also understand that this should have been brought up sooner, and announced/integrated better in the current rulesets. However, that is in the past and over with, so what we need to deal with is the current problems and issues.

Archived