Rule 4 question

Direwolf20

[4] No sale/gifting creative/illegitimate items to members outside of your town:

Does this mean creative energy cell, creative tank, guilty pool, and creative flux capacitor?  Or does it only mean creative items spawned from the menu / NEI items?  Because these items are called creative items but they are craftable in Infinity.

The rule applies to both of them. Even though they are craftable, if you start selling them, you will be removing the incentive to reach end game, since these items are literally the end of the game. Furthermore, if it has the word creative in the name, it's not allowed to be sold. This also applies to people who spawned creative items in, or built them. This rule also applies to items spawned in via NEI and gamemode 1. 

Ok, and what about if we are endgame and we have made creative items and are using them, is our base considered creative, or can we still craft things such as quantum solar panels and sell them, and sell 1000 blocks of diamonds, etc. without being punished?

Thanks I am trying to know if I'll want to not make creative items at all if it's gonna restrict me able to trade.

I would have to agree with crafty, since we go by the rule of using creative items (whether it be by gm1 or by blocks with creative in their name) to dupe and increase your materials means you can't sell things made with them.

I think having those items gives you a lag free alternative / goal, which is similar to alternative ways of getting resources in terms of progression ie rftools, endgame power, and the pack is balanced around it.  So eventually you could swap out your laggy machines and have the ones you painstakingly made.  If you punish players from switching over to lag free versions by not allowing to trade, it kinda makes them not want to upgrade is what I thought.

For example, it actually costs less materials to share nether star power than to make creative cell.

It costs a lot more materials and time to use portable tank, than to use dimensions, plus you would be loading the dimension while you pump.

Players will trade the second best thing, which is more op than the creative items and causes more lag.

Anyways you have answered my question, these creative items are off the table if I want to trade.  I will just remove them and keep as trophy.

2 hours ago, QuartzWitch said:

Anyways you have answered my question, these creative items are off the table if I want to trade.  I will just remove them and keep as trophy.

Questioned answered, topic closed.

• Henk locked this topic

Archived