Lag issues on Infinity Expert and how to adress them

johntom

Greetings, in the past few weeks i noticed there were several lag spikes caused by several issues so i decided to run some test on my own.

Unfortunatly i could only use the /cofh tps command so my tests werent completly acurate.

Here are the major lag issues i have found:

-Nether ore dimensions (tested this one myself)

-pink slime dimension (theorized about this one but some idiot actually did it) its proven

-Draconic spawners with the Player absent upgrade (Netherstar)

this one should have been obvious, draconic spawners have a mob limit when it comes to scanning surroundings, if there is no real player in the near 5*5 chunks, they will despawn, leaving more space for draconic spawners to keep chugging mobs to despawn continously-

there are 2 fixes for this, either disable the upgrade, or have player detectors that will stop any spawner from even working when there is no player nearby, simply despawning them is causing the issues.

-overuse of lag creating machines, transfer nodes with 1 stack of speed upgrades, among many other missused machnes.

-admin anchors is something i never agreed on. no matter where/when i login, even if my base is unloaded and there is no other player around, the server is already at 30 Milisecond usage, its simply stupid to have people claim to play X amount of hours for what they have when all they did was have a special chunkloading runing for them the entire time.

- allow for lower tier staff to have access to more precise lag measure tools. GMs not being able to use /lagg GC is pure nonsense.

Sure people have the right to learn about the mods and have fun while doing so, but not at the expense of others fun.

TD:DR- disable certain Dims, limit the admin anchor usage, disable the nether star upgrade to draconic spawners,

Probably i have something missing here, additional sugestions are welcome.

''-pink slime dimension (theorized about this one but ''some idiot'' actually did it) its proven.''

I wonder who this ''Idiot'' was. He must have known that it would have crashed the server and lost him a load of stuff.

Don't go on the forums and start calling people idiots for something they didn't know would happen it's not nice.

Yeah wasn't the right word to use, but I'm sure it was a lesson learned pink slime dimlets no good. 

But I think there should be stronger enforcement of the rule use common sense if your the culprit of alot of the servers lag I think you need to be responsible cause your impacting other players minecraft experience. 

12 minutes ago, Manyouforgot said:

Yeah wasn't the right word to use, but I'm sure it was a lesson learned pink slime dimlets no good. 

But I think there should be stronger enforcement of the rule use common sense if your the culprit of alot of the servers lag I think you need to be responsible cause your impacting other players minecraft experience. 

I agree with you. But with dimlets it's hard to know which ones will lag the server and which ones will  not. Nether ores is an obvious one. But stuff like liquid pink slime. people that have never used it just assume that it is like any other liquid dimlet. But I now know that that's not the case. Liquid death is another one that is very bad. They just need to be restricted like the other ones are. And people's bases with tons of auto machines and spawners that lag the server need to stop.

Then that should be added to the suggestions if it will help with tps but usually rftools dimension are resource intensive to begin with maybe there should be like a time allotment for how long you can have a dimension up per week. And by your rank you could possibly have more. 

Dimensions are OP so now you'll have to spend your time wisely. Idk how this would be added though just an idea

7 minutes ago, Manyouforgot said:

Then that should be added to the suggestions if it will help with tps but usually rftools dimension are resource intensive to begin with maybe there should be like a time allotment for how long you can have a dimension up per week. And by your rank you could possibly have more. 

Dimensions are OP so now you'll have to spend your time wisely. Idk how this would be added though just an idea

Yes I kind of agree. While the dimention stuff is hard to build. They give access to unlimited resources and take away the need to go out and mine ores and stuff. But without them there will be more quarry's and they are pretty laggy too. So before the wipe there should be some real thought done as to which stuff will be restricted and stuff that is not. So the server will not have as many issues that there currently is. And maybe the server will last longer than 6 months and the tps will be more stable.

45 minutes ago, RoastedEU said:

Yes I kind of agree. While the dimention stuff is hard to build. They give access to unlimited resources and take away the need to go out and mine ores and stuff.

i disagree with you because it is very hard to build (i did it) so it is a reward. Same thing with gendustry, the infinty bee is like 2 week rl time needed to make

It's like I said. It is hard to build. But the fact it gives you access to Basically unlimited resources and also lag's the server. What are the cons for not having it on the server?. Yes the world will get depleted of ores ect. But The fact people will have to always keep going out and gathering resources is a key part to the mod pack. Let me give you a scenario. ''Oh I need lets say 1000 diamonds/1000redstone'' With a dimention builder I can get that in about 2mins. Redstone dimlet/diamond dimlet. But without them It would be more difficult to get I would have to go mine or use some sort of quarry. UU-Matter/Emeralds/Draconium ore are all good examples too. You just have to think of the pro's of having them and the con's. And from my perspective the con's outway the pro's of having them. But that's just my opinion. Whats yours? I would like to hear.

i agree with the your cons but not a lot of people have access to a dimension builder let alone the power requirements(olso UU-Matter/Emeralds/Draconium ore are very hard to get with a extreme power requirement, i did it :))  . When the world is not in use it does not generate lagg. and in about 5 minutes the dimensions will be offline so, I can live with a little bit of lagg when a dimension gets created.

I have 2 dimetion builders. So I know that getting resources takes no effort at all. And I don't even require power half the time due to having a field. Finding and making dimlets is also very easy. Just takes some searching.

Let me make a quick list so it's easier too see.

Having dimentions on the server.

Pro's:

A place to mine/quarry without damaging the overworld. But the deep dark does this anyways.

Con's:

They create lag problems.

Unlimited resources making the gathering resources effortless.

Sometimes they glitch and people lose lots of stuff and require refunds/rollbacks.

People then sell the resources they get from them and then more people get dimentions = more lag.

Ruins the economy when people start selling loads of stuff for cheap.

That's my list for now. Give me some more input and I will update the pro's and con's if I feel it is appropriate. 

And I realise that they have a pretty difficult crafting recipe. But having 3-4 people in a town working towards it wont take a very long time to get there.

Making 1 machine should not give you the ability to get unlimited resources. End of. I have had the 3rd one happen to me 3 times and have seen it happen to others. The last 2 there are already rules in place now but it still happens people selling stuff too cheap as there is no real system making people sell for more its mostly guess work.

7 minutes ago, RoastedEU said:

Making 1 machine should not give you the ability to get unlimited resources

same with a quarry. place in a 2000x2000 area and it all in a week orso (if enough power is provided)

7 minutes ago, RoastedEU said:

The last 2 there are already rules in place now but it still happens people selling stuff too cheap as there is no real system making people sell for more its mostly guess work.

Then the staff need to take action and warn them or even ban them. sounds silly but it is needed apparently

that third thing will happend with every dimension mod(rftools, mystcraft, deep dark, etc)

and final dimensions are not only thing that makes a server lagg

Just now, TheHell34 said:

same with a quarry. place in a 2000x2000 area and it all in a week orso (if enough power is provided)

Then the staff need to take action and warn them or even ban them. sounds silly but it is needed apparently

This is not even close to being the same. Can a quarry get you unlimited Dragon hearts/Nether Stars? And liquid UU-Matter? Nope. That's only possible through dimlets or a spawner. And UU-Matter from the Mass Fabricator.

And the staff do warn people now and again but they are not online 24/7 and when they are not online people do it anyways.

Rules about the economic system aren't that easy to apply though. There isnt always someone online, and you would have to price every single item (or give it a minimum) because people have different opinions on the pricing. 

Rules (especially with warning or even banning) about the economic system simply doesn't work in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, RoastedEU said:

This is not even close to being the same. Can a quarry get you unlimited Dragon hearts/Nether Stars? And liquid UU-Matter? Nope. That's only possible through dimlets or a spawner. And UU-Matter from the Mass Fabricator.

a dimension doesnt give unlimited dragon hearts and nether stars make it easier. i had a ender dragon world but dragons didnt spawn that often(the resuraction thing/resuraction bee is way faster) and with nether star you can make automatic wither killing machine so no dimension needed.

but we are not going to agree with each other

8 minutes ago, IceQueenss said:

Rules about the economic system aren't that easy to apply though. There isnt always someone online, and you would have to price every single item (or give it a minimum) because people have different opinions on the pricing. 

Rules (especially with warning or even banning) about the economic system simply doesn't work in my opinion.

reporting players here on the forum. Me,my town members and some other player promised not to sell high end stuff and big amounts of stuff 

Just now, TheHell34 said:

a dimension doesnt give unlimited dragon hearts and nether stars make it easier. i had a ender dragon world but dragons didnt spawn that often(the resuraction thing/resuraction bee is way faster) and with nether star you can make automatic wither killing machine so no dimension needed.

reporting players here on the forum. Me,my town members and some other player promised not to sell high end stuff and big amounts of stuff 

I managed to get 28 dragon hearts in 10mins from my dimlet. And that's all I needed. That's enough for 80+ awakened blocks. I also got a'lot of wither stars from my dimlet. And you did not mention the UU-Matter which in itself is also something you should not just be able to pump out of a dimention like it's water. As you can replicate lots of stuff with it.

Just now, RoastedEU said:

I managed to get 28 dragon hearts in 10mins from my dimlet. And that's all I needed. That's enough for 80+ awakened blocks. I also got a'lot of wither stars from my dimlet. And you did not mention the UU-Matter which in itself is also something you should not just be able to pump out of a dimention like it's water. As you can replicate lots of stuff with it.

alright uu matter is a difficult one. i agree it is insane with a cost(lots of power) but you can do the same thing with the creative tank(olso with a huge cost)

3 minutes ago, TheHell34 said:

alright uu matter is a difficult one. i agree it is insane with a cost(lots of power) but you can do the same thing with the creative tank(olso with a huge cost)

Creative tank is end game stuff. And Like I said before you don't even require power to keep it up. Only power to create it. Then you can use a field and you will be fine. Draconium ore is rare in the end. Pretty hard to get a'lot of it without spending alot of time in there looking for comets. But with a dimlet you have unlimited.

1 minute ago, RoastedEU said:

Draconium ore is rare in the end. Pretty hard to get a'lot of it without spending alot of time in there looking for comets.

which generates lagg because of world gen....... still same problem and "end game" gives you access to this kind of items, the way its meant to be played. if the creaters of this modpack though it was op then they would have disabled it. 

I think your problem is not having the item but the economy dies with it. am I right. possible fix is disabled the auction system/selling stuff

1 minute ago, TheHell34 said:

which generates lagg because of world gen....... still same problem and "end game" gives you access to this kind of items, the way its meant to be played. if the creaters of this modpack though it was op then they would have disabled it. 

I think your problem is not having the item but the economy dies with it. am I right. possible fix is disabled the auction system/selling stuff

''if the creaters of this modpack though it was op then they would have disabled it.'' This is not true at all. Tell that to the creator of imbued fire xD destroyed half the server recently. And the problem I have is the fact someone can work for this machine then not have to work anymore. Anyways I have to go now. I am busy busy. but I have said what I wanted too. Take it as you will. Its just my opinion.

Archived