[FTB IE] WIPE POLL

Timur

Do we need a wipe for FTB Infinity server?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a wipe for FTB Infinity server?

• Yes, we need a wipe!
    • No, we don`t need a wipe
    • I don`t care, just show result.

Many people complain about overall server instability and tps lags.
Some people complain about empty towns infestation, and resource exhaustion.

Please leave your vote about necessity of wipe.

The current map is in use since January 2017.

• brunyman featured and pinned this topic

Yeah I think we need a wipe soon. But I think before we do we need to get some issues sorted out first. Banning stuff that causes lag ect. And maybe making a rule that does not let players sell very high end items like dimention builders/draconic armour, 1000 blocks of diamonds/emeralds ect. Only if it is not too much trouble.

As Roasted said, first step should be to adress the reasons why the server is lagging (stupid dimlets, people selling endgame content, too much shit being build). If nothing changes the server will be unplayable again in 6months and thats just stupid for expert mode. Fix the source of the lag first.

I agree mostly with RoastedEU, the lag (tps) gets out of hand often, but simply just wiping doesn't solve the bigger picture, we will be at this same spot down the road with tps I'm sure. And we can't just ban alot of items as it'll break alot of Expert and the minecraft experience, the rftools dims are a different story as there usually the main culprit and there's alot of alternatives to just nether ores. 

But I don't completely agree with not selling high end stuff or lots of mats, it just needs to be for the right price. So people would still be interested in voting/donating/selling to get more ingame cash to get something that's out of there reach. (Yes, this does take the difficulty out of it, and fun out of it to some people but this is there choice we can't make that for them.)

But I think laggy bases should be under the rule use common sense. How this would be enforced I wouldn't have a clue or even how we would pinpoint the culprits besides yelling who's lagging the server.

That's just my thoughts, and I look forward to the upcoming fresh start :D

Honestly, I think a poll should be made for having dimension or not for the next map, i remember one time when someone create a pink slime dimension causing the whole server to lag until the next restart.

Look at what it gives to players, almost unlimited ressources, in a very short amount of time,

now look at what wrong it can cause, definitely reduce the goal and progression feeling of expert mode, can cause massive lag even crashes in wrong hands.

Maybe I'm wrong, but thats my opinion and I think thats why a poll should be made.

I think it's been on since at least November 13.  The lag from dimensions is infrequent and cannot fully be fixed because of the dimension randomness.  The biggest constant lag was from normal sized mob spawners and bases which are built where they have 3 or more levels vertically.  Some glitches with jam packed ME systems also.

Would this also be a good time to go to Infinity Beyond? Infinity Evolved is now an "old" modpack, and I know alot of mods and bugfixes has been implemented in new mods to reduce lag, help server and be a new breath of air to server owners and players alike?

Banning single RFtools items such as pink slime dimlets would be easy compared to banning whole packs. I also agree that the economy has been somewhat "strange" in the past months.

One thing I believe would help the server would be an upkeep of claimed chunks. If the upkeep aren't paid, or chunks are left, those chunks can be restored back to original state.

7 hours ago, QuartzWitch said:

I think it's been on since at least November 13.  The lag from dimensions is infrequent and cannot fully be fixed because of the dimension randomness.  The biggest constant lag was from normal sized mob spawners and bases which are built where they have 3 or more levels vertically.  Some glitches with jam packed ME systems also.

The server started on the 20th of December.

4 minutes ago, PeeWee71 said:

Would this also be a good time to go to Infinity Beyond? Infinity Evolved is now an "old" modpack

If we would to to Infinity beyond it would be as a new server.

one of our most popular server is tekkit main, version 1.6.4. That's an old modpack. Age of a modpack doesn't have to be a bad thing. No, I disagree on replacing IE with IB, however we are working on 1.10 modpacks so IB can be a possible.

And since I've been apart of testing 1.10 modpacks for months I can tell you that those modpacks are just as unstable as IE. That's just the nature of modded.

1 hour ago, PeeWee71 said:

Would this also be a good time to go to Infinity Beyond? Infinity Evolved is now an "old" modpack, and I know alot of mods and bugfixes has been implemented in new mods to reduce lag, help server and be a new breath of air to server owners and players alike?

Banning single RFtools items such as pink slime dimlets would be easy compared to banning whole packs. I also agree that the economy has been somewhat "strange" in the past months.

One thing I believe would help the server would be an upkeep of claimed chunks. If the upkeep aren't paid, or chunks are left, those chunks can be restored back to original state.

I cannot play IB, my game load to about 50% and freeze infinitively, Skyfactory 3 have the same issue

6 minutes ago, rotomegax said:

I cannot play IB, my game load to about 50% and freeze infinitively, Skyfactory 3 have the same issue

Try updating Java, and give more RAM to game. Optifine might help a bit.

a few days ago i started playing a bit on this server and i like'd so far.

two friend of my and myself planned stating playing togheter within a few weeks.

my question is when wil the wipe take place? because it looks very promising that it wil happens.

i'd like to play on a whiped server, so if the server is gonna be wiped soon i don't bother playing it until its whiped.

Dorus007

ps sorry if my english is bad

It's been a long time since on November 13 I joined this map and Th3Fanbus already had draconic reactors, almost 7 months now.  I should know because I played the longest.  But there is the proof if anyone wants to see http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/17181-is-it-only-me-playing-this/

This wipe lots of players will know how to play and progress fast, the lag will be back sooner than last time probably.  I am personally curious as to the state of rules on the player economy cuz the minimum prices have skyrocketed lately and are anything but stable and commonly known.  It looks like it's gearing up for everyone to get confused and ultimately some people to get in trouble after the wipe for selling, after which point some order will be restored.  I just don't want to be one of the sacrifice players that gets in trouble for trading early on, so if there are some concrete rules to follow it would greatly help me at the start when it comes to being confident selling items.

Well how would that go @QuartzWitch would there be assigned minimum prices for basic materials Wood, Stone, Copper, Tin, Iron etc? 

And machines we would roughly calculate how much the basic mats are in it + labor? 

The prices would have to be something most of us agree on and gotta make sense. Stack of wood shouldn't be more than a stack of diamond. 

Archived