baden27

It has come to my attention that no staff have any tools for detecting unwanted players, such as the griefers (our situation yesterday). This really worries us. I would never have imagined a server without a staff being able to catch the bad boys without them actually seeing the rule-breaking with their own eyes at the moment it happens.

So yesterday my team and I had our mob grinder griefed. Only a few blocks removed, but enough to make a massive mob leek. We quickly fixed it, so no real harm done. But what would you do if someone griefed massively? I know there are server administrative plugins for staff that can for example rollback specific areas in case of massive grief.

Regards, Baden

Ik this is not my server to say this BUT
This has already been disscussed in depth many times about why we Dont use something like CoreProtect

We do have a server+clientside mod called OPIS but thats Owner Only cause its too powerful

So when people claim their items disappeared, staff will just have to trust them on their word and /give a replacement? Or does the player have to give proof (which is impossible)?

And when people accuse others for for example griefing or making something they're unauthorized to, it's innocent till proven guilty, or..?

I'm new on the server, and you say it's already been discussed many times, so I'm sure you have a good reason for not having mod tools for this, so don't take this as a complaining, I just hope to get enlightened on the topic.

Regards, Baden

If a player claims their items disappeared and makes a good case for themselves, moderators and above will issue a refund for their lost items. This can be done by talking to a staff or making a post here: http://forum.craftersland.net/forum/86-technical-support/  If someone claims they got griefed, we have our methods of finding the truth using detective work. If you get griefed make a post here: http://forum.craftersland.net/forum/68-complaints/ (to complain about the player) and here:http://forum.craftersland.net/forum/86-technical-support/ (to schedule a refund or rollback). Instead of criticising our methods your time could be better spent explaining what happened and letting us do the rest.

Thank you, that was exactly the answer I was hoping for. Great to know that you actually have detective work and, in worse case, can rollback.

In my case, only a very few items were lost. I immediately told about the situation to a mod, but he said no staff had the tools to detect the griefers. I could easily repair the damages myself and had the griefers hand back what I believe was all they stole. So I saw no reason to do a ticket. Sorry if you feel like I criticised your methods, I only meant to ask why you had no methods. But now I know you do.

Regards, Baden

We have methods- or rather Brunyman does and it's been working flawlessly so far,

He makes rollbacks during maintenance manually using McEdit, reason for this is that we wouldn't require a large plugin database like prism to eat up the very limited storage on our ramdrive. Besides... mcedit is better and doesn't cause corrupt chunks.

This topic has been up many times- but we will not get a anti-grief plugin for our server admins, this is the method we rely on and it's good. Otherwise we wouldn't be where we are, we did have anti-grief plugins with rollback ingame once- but it caused so many problems it had to be removed.

Questions answered- Topic closed

• Henk locked this topic

Archived