Ping suddenly go very high even the cmd tells it's normal

Today I login into server and suffered from extremely lag, at first I though this is my modem but when using cmd and check with "ping inf.craftersland.net -t" the results is normal. My chat take about 5-10 minutes to appear on the chat channel, so I record 1 vids about this situation to answer Hen and other players appear at this moment. Because the clip is so heavy (210mb) so I put it in google drive link and the reason why I use my phone to record is because I don;t have any rams for any program: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxwU_s3yBPaRbmpXS0RBRS1PYkE

- On the clip, you can see the chest need 30 sec to open while on the left hand the cmd still ping to server link at 280ms, very little packet lost.

- Then I right click to the right bottom corner to show that only minecraft is connecting to the internet, the skype is offline.

i don't think it's latency problem, more like packet loss problem.

i experience it a lot when the server is populated (as a whole, when clients connected is beyond 60 i think)

i'm suggesting on checking the bandwidth usage on the server, maybe it hit some limitations

I think so too cuz before the wipe i had no problems (Server wasnt even close to the amount of players we have now) and after the wipe where it got popular real quick the package loss kicked in and i get timeouts much more frequently

Updated: The situation is getting worse, now on this week I can only play from 6PM-7PM GMT+7 today. But even in this timeline I still suffer from suddenly lag that can kill me and remove all of my stuff. When I login in another timeline, the logining screen is take like forever and then end up with:

- Timed out

- Unknown host

- The connection is forcibly removed by host

During these time, cmd still said that the ping is 280-300ms. Please help me, I've been left behing of another player who play at the same time with me, now they have tesseracts, ME system. Some players play the same time with me like QuartzWitch has Wynvern suit but I just craft requesting table due to this situation

I get lag spikes now and again but nothing so bad that I can not play and I am online very often.

Everyone gets big lag spikes when new players enter the twilight forrest seems worse after the wipe.

The sever is hosted in Germany and you seem to be very far away so that will most likely play a big part of your lag issues.

well i am in austria so rly close to the server but i get 3 timeouts in 10 min when much ppl are online what makes the server almost unplayable for me even when i ping the server via cmd it shows me a huge ping which is sometimes goin at 500+ ms ... and when i ping with my linux console it even shows me some package loss :/

Archived