Definite rules/list of marketable items request

Tidsuo

I was hoping to get perhaps a definite list of items that cannot be sold on the market or traded at all among players so we have a list that we can look at and not be punished after the fact because we did not know that said item was not marketable.

What do you mean by this? What did you try to sell that wasn't "marketable" 

Our plugins for auction and market are made for vanilla so it doesn't work well if the item carries special data in it's ID. Example of which are bags, full ME drives, tinkers tools and resonant machines and alike.

That's not a punishment, that is sadly just how the plugin is.

Other than that you're not allowed to sell creative items, spawned in or not.( like crafted creativw energy cell )

What did you try to sell?

I dunno about unmarketable items but there are several items that don't fair well through the auction or market. These are things with different Meta data such as Tinkers Tools, Botania Flowers, Agricraft Seeds, and Mob Souls just to name a few. 

Apologies for not being clear enough and oddly wording this. By marketable I meant allowed to be put on the market to be sold.

I completely understand that creative/spawned items are not allowed to be sold.

To rephrase what I meant initially, are certain items like infinity combs and other endgame mod items allowed to be sold. I wanted to ask that and get a definite list or a definite guideline so that I and other players know what types of items, endgame or not, if they can be traded without being punished afterwards because we did not know that it was not allowed to be sold. 

Every item can be sold, excluding creative items. I think what you're trying to ask is, what items can YOU sell? I'm assuming you have creative or you live with someone that does. If that's the case, this is the problem with this server. The economy is being screwed up because staff members aren't enforcing the "creatives and their townmates aren't allowed to sell items on the market" rule.

[4] No sale/gifting creative/illegitimate items to members outside of your town:

• 1st offense = 2 days ban of both parties involved.
  • 2nd offense = 7 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 14 days ban.

Creative Players who leave a town must take with them or destroy all creatively spawned items.  Non-Creative Players who leave any town are to leave empty handed. Non-Creative Players who live with a creative player are to live in only one town.

So, tbh, I'd like to know if this is an actual rule on this server. I'm guessing it's that you just can't sell creative items, period. Since I've seen creative players and their townmates selling items on the market.

6 minutes ago, Pumpkin said:

Every item can be sold, excluding creative items. I think what you're trying to ask is, what items can YOU sell? I'm assuming you have creative or you live with someone that does. If that's the case, this is the problem with this server. The economy is being screwed up because staff members aren't enforcing the "creatives and their townmates aren't allowed to sell items on the market" rule.

[4] No sale/gifting creative/illegitimate items to members outside of your town:

• 1st offense = 2 days ban of both parties involved.
  • 2nd offense = 7 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 14 days ban.

Creative Players who leave a town must take with them or destroy all creatively spawned items.  Non-Creative Players who leave any town are to leave empty handed. Non-Creative Players who live with a creative player are to live in only one town.

So, tbh, I'd like to know if this is an actual rule on this server. I'm guessing it's that you just can't sell creative items, period. Since I've seen creative players and their townmates selling items on the market.

Any players with access to creative/people in there town who have creative technically makes that whole town a ''Creative Town''. Meaning no one in that town is allowed to sell items.

And as for ''The economy is being screwed up because staff members aren't enforcing the creatives and their townmates aren't allowed to sell items on the market". Not everyone know's about this rule at the moment as it is not yet fully explained. But once the players have been told that they are not allowed to sell items and they continue to do so. Then they will be punished accordingly.

Pumpkin i got it wrong i guess he means smt like a information that u should not sell tems like tc tools or souls since they use meta data for the specific tool stats ... and auc and market plugin delete meta data that's what he means .... 

If you do put endgame items on the market, they must be priced very high. Basic supply and demand. If you charge too low for them, you will ruin your demand, as everyone will have it, and won't need them anymore. The goal of an economy is to have the most money. Charging very high for expensive and difficult to obtain items is what you should be doing. Time and effort should be a factor of the cost. Even if it's easy for you to make, and takes little of your materials or effort, the case is not true of the other people. That's the whole reason they are buying it in the first place. Try to have a little common sense. Charge really high for end game items, and if people really want them, they'll pay for them. But if you charge too low, that is not allowed. However, this is a dynamic issue, and cannot be placed in a static list of prices. Also, charging too low for endgame items actually does ruin the server economy, as new players now have access to the endgame stuff, skip progress, and mess everything up. Charging high prevents newer players from jumping to endgame too quickly. 

There is more, but I'm running out of both time and space. In short, you can sell endgame items, but not creative items (like the creative cells and whatnot that you crafted, anything that you obtained illegitimately, or if you or a town member has creative mode), but at very high prices only.

Archived