Tekkit Server - Time for a full WIPE? Vote!

brunyman

Tekkit WIPE  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for a server WIPE on Tekkit?

• YES! The main map is full, a new start will be great!
    • NO! Do not WIPE now!
    • I don't know or care.

• Founder

tekkit.png

Hi, we got reports from new players that the main map is full and they can't find a good place to start. As the live map looks we may need a server WIPE. 

LIVE MAP

With a server WIPE we will also generate a new map seed. All data will get a reset except for ranks. We will also provide a download link of the old map after WIPE.

Before we can start planning the WIPE, we need to know what you guys think of a WIPE, please vote in the pool above and let us know if you think it's time for a WIPE now.

Thanks

• brunyman pinned and featured this topic

@brunyman will this also include changes to the legendary reward crates?

I have been waiting for a wipe for a while now. it's very hard to find a nice area to live in, inactive towns plague the land and it's just impossible to remove them all... yes, it may stop some from playing, but it'll also mean the return of a lot of players who have gotten bored in the end-game.

Some of us are hermits, meaning we like to live alone without anyone nearby, almost impossible atm. Plus some of us like to build large bases and have lots of room to experiment and expand towns, again very hard atm without being in an ocean.

14 minutes ago, TurboPupSD said:

Some of us are hermits, meaning we like to live alone without anyone nearby, almost impossible atm. Plus some of us like to build large bases and have lots of room to experiment and expand towns, again very hard atm without being in an ocean.

and heaving reached end-game without any room to build awesome things is very frustating as well

You should fix the duping bugs first, like the one with the drums and the fluid transporter or the one with the hopper and computercraft.

The creative items must be more restrictive because any creative player can give items to normal player with a lot of ways. You should improve that too. (Example: project bench)

I think that the crates have so much end game items. They should be balanced before the wipe.

I would be very grateful if you implement my other suggestions too.(http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/21056-a-couple-of-suggetions/)

1 hour ago, TheDauntlessOne said:

When will the poll for this be closed? Im in limbo atm on building anything

It was created last Sunday, I suggest waiting until next Sunday at least. (one week margin)

• Founder

Ok, we will not WIPE because there are a lot of votes against, even if most of them are for WIPE, there are lots of players that don't want a WIPE now. We will have a new vote pool next month.

3 hours ago, brunyman said:

Ok, we will not WIPE because there are a lot of votes against, even if most of them are for WIPE, there are lost of players that don't want a WIPE now. We will have a new vote pool next month.

not something i would've wanted to hear... the main world is such a mess, littered with abandoned towns and quarry holes... :| not much to do about it though.

I think from this, the majority of the "no" votes are from new players because they just started. Anyone who has been around embraces the refresh. I think the decision not to do a refresh now will only hinder the recent boom in new players. I do however respect any decision made :)

• Henk locked this topic
  • brunyman unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived