"Pure Survival" not pure anymore. (EXTRA POLL)

SpintecatorulAlb

Your opinion on the server shop and /back command.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the server shop (NOT the player shop) removed?

• Yes, because it doesn't fit the survival aspect of the game and resembles a shortcut to acquiring certain resources.
    • No, because I find it convenient and not very intrusive in the gameplay experience.
  2. 2. Would you like the /back command to not register deaths as a previous teleport point?

• Yes, I would like it to NOT allow players to teleport back to their death locations, because this is very annoying in combat. It should, however, work on non death teleportations, such as /tpa, /home and /spawn.
    • No, keep it this way, i will specify the reason in a comment below.

I'm sure older players and the staff remember the way Pure Survival used to be when it just became a thing, around the times Minecraft 1.7 was brand new. Enjoyed by hundreds of Crafter's Land's players, Pure Survival provided a game-play experience distinct to any other accessible on our network. This aspect was conferred by the absence of additional modifications to the strictly essentials, giving the game a strong resemblance to its vanilla counterpart. However, Pure Survival lost its uniqueness the very same time with the said aspect; unnecessary modifications were added, such as the shop (server shop, without a physical seller), essentially making "Pure survival not pure", as emphasized in the title.

When the server was a blink in Brunyman's mind, I'm pretty sure he didn't intend it to become the way it is, maybe even refraining for letting it do so.

And now, what I, and many other players are here for, please bring back the old feel to the game. Take away what made it lose it's former experience.

#MakePureSurvivalGreatAgain

While I see your point, I can't help but think it'd be tough to go with zero added plugins and systems that can actually make the server more enjoyable to the average person who's not looking for a straight up vanilla experience. Personally I don't mind having a player market available, or access to random TP across the map. Or even skills and all that for that matter.

Even if going 100% pure with it was considered earlier on, it probably fell apart with Factions no longer being a thing after a certain point. So now we're down to one survival server, no special modes like Skyblock or plots included. Gotta keep it together somehow I guess. Strictly my opinion though; don't mind the additions, though a new map would be great. Keep in mind the community isn't exactly what it used to be a couple years back, either.

If we were to trash modifications and take a vanilla approach, I'd like to at least see a fresh installment of Factions to make up for the loss and give players a wider variety of game modes to pick from.

Not every modification that has occurred ever since pure survival came out is bad. In fact, most of them were crucial, however the shop isn't. In my honest opinion it killed the game mode's immersion. It should have been preserved as it was at the beginning: Protection shop (obviously), player shop (I don't really mind which way it works, be it villager based like before or with a fancy plugin like nowadays, but I can imagine the new system is more convenient for a variety of reasons) and maybe, maybe the seed shop, although I am not sure about how often it was used, or if many people even noticed it.

A nasty feature is also the /back command. Returning to your death location whenever it occurs removes the whole point of cautious play, not to mention it breaks 90% of combat.

That's my two cents. I hope you see my point.

As much as I'm trying to refrain from making unnecessary posts, I'd like to complement my statements and hopefully eliminate any misleading information that may have formed in the readers' minds:

I'm not supporting removal of every plugin, if that was what you understood (I hope this wasn't your thought about my post, though), first off, that was not my point, and second, that would make the game unplayable. I'm trying to express my point of view about the evolution of Pure Survival. It started out staggeringly good, evolved even better, but eventually started collapsing. What I'm trying to say is that a shop system without a physical seller (also known as server shop or admin shop) defeated the whole point of developing in a survival world in order to access multiple types of resources.

I really look forward to receiving attention and feedback from highly-ranked staff.

Right, so I understand this is more about the shop than anything else. I mean, it's a convenient means of trading and making money from selling stuff you've likely worked hard to get on that market in the first place. Players can then buy those items without having to run around looking for sellers, using money they've got from voting, thus supporting the server in the process.

But a pure, vanilla Minecraft server feature it is not, as you could, do without it. When it comes down to it, it's about the kind of server you're going for. I guess one can't easily call playing on PS a completely pure and unspoiled Minecraft experience, however for many of us it's not that big of a deal having a shop everyone can use and doesn't necessarily ruin the game. It works for the majority of the people and saves us time in the process. Like, you could say the same about some donors getting creative mode access; it's just how it is.

Like I've mentioned previously, I wouldn't mind simplifying the game, so long as we get another server like Factions - which I'm still not sure why it's not back yet, a classic format with no extra gimmicks would be awesome- where we can take it up a notch and keep things interesting with the addition of certain plugins that wouldn't otherwise be found on a pure survival server.

24 minutes ago, Jimmel said:

I guess one can't easily call playing on PS a completely pure and unspoiled Minecraft experience, however for many of us it's not that big of a deal having a shop everyone can use and doesn't necessarily ruin the game. It works for the majority of the people and saves us time in the process.

Precious Stones has been a thing ever since the beginnings of Pure Survival, and is ultimately a feature that makes the server playable on, thanks to the ability of protecting one's land from griefers (especially considering how easy it is to grief a structure in Minecraft.). If you played other survival games, you would know why shop breaks the immersion of the game: because it eliminates the struggle to acquire multiple kinds of resources and it promotes lazy gameplay, which is something I am against.

Agreed on protection and Precious Stones. After all, it comes with playing on a public server. My reply was targeted at the player market, which I can't find anything wrong about as far as I'm concerned. Now, the server shops. Are they packed with stuff? Sure. A wide variety of items actually. But it's a convenience and if you're smart, you won't spend your money on something you can easily acquire on your own. It's personal preference, and yes, I'm not saying it's not taking a toll on the overall experience.

Though again, this is just us talking. It'd be interesting to see what the others think. Set up a poll here on this one, maybe? ^_^

I do not know with others but i think that shop is not too necessary for me. I means i could get it easily by finding it around, but it backs again some of the stuff is still necessary for other players, so maybe it should be there.

I don't see how /back is annoying in PvP? I find it as a feature that when you die in wild, a cause of monsters, falling to death or other occasions can let you go back and have your items.
In PvP you die, you lose items, if you /back you have nothing to fight with. If you want to have something to fight with you have to teleport to your home first and take the items, but then the /back command would get you to spawn, not the death point.

3 hours ago, Terminator said:

I don't see how /back is annoying in PvP? I find it as a feature that when you die in wild, a cause of monsters, falling to death or other occasions can let you go back and have your items.
In PvP you die, you lose items, if you /back you have nothing to fight with. If you want to have something to fight with you have to teleport to your home first and take the items, but then the /back command would get you to spawn, not the death point.

When losing a fight against another player, you can perpetually issue the /back command to attack and annoy the already battle-drained opponent, not to mention that the Unarmed McMMO skill makes fists a feasible weapon, even at lower levels.

Death becomes a non-issue with the ability to teleport back at your location and retrieving your items.

Why did you think that Minecraft has a health bar?

Right at the moment, players don't give a damn about death, which is clearly a sign that something is off.

When death occurs it means that you screwed something up. Therefore, you have to be penalized by dropping your items and spawning at either your home or the spawn. You want your items back? I certainly understand, I would think the same way, but do something about it! You shouldn't be able to just plainly get away with death. If you really want to get your items back, get up on your legs and use them! Or on your horse, or boat! That's the way to get revenge on death! It's not that hard! Items will only despawn if you've been longer than 5 minutes in the area, which is more than enough to retrieve them. You even have the option to teleport to a random point on the map!

Back to the shop now, I don't think people see my point, so I will give examples:

Buying crop seeds?! There are multiple legitimate and proper ways of acquiring seeds: finding them (the basic method), carrots and potatoes can be occasionally dropped by zombies, and ultimately the McMMO plugin adds yet another way of acquiring seeds in a legitimate manner, known as the Hylian luck, about which you can get more information here.

Buying ores?! Where is the effort of digging through the depths of the Earth seeking and hoarding the valuable resources it holds?

Buying spawn eggs?! Where's the point of taking the risk and traveling to find wildlife, and luring/pulling them back home and turning them into your livestock?

Buying ghast tears?! Man, these things are rare! Not only you have to successfully find and kill a ghast, you also have to locate it, some of the time the drops fall into lava/fire, and even if you get them, there may or may not be a single ghast tear.

Buying nether wart and blaze rods?! For such useful resources you have to go in a dangerous adventure through the death gauntlets known as nether fortresses!

Buying chorus plants?! What's the point of the expedition through leagues of void in a world full of tall and strong creatures able to tear the fabric of space and time, or the fight of someone's life with a tough, monstrous, flying creature not of this world?

Buying villagers?! Not only you have to brew a splash weakness potion and craft a golden apple for each villager, you also have to find a zombified villager, kill other mobs while dodging the very special find, trap him away from sunlight , start the curing process and wait a small deal of time for it to finish, you also have to bring him home! And these guys won't follow you! Plan ahead!

Buying NETHER STARS for crying out loud?!?! Compare buying blaze rods to legitimately acquiring them; the difficulty ratio is the same as comparing acquiring blaze rods to acquiring a nether star.

Those were just examples, there are many more such things in the shop.

On 7/12/2017 at 1:24 PM, SpintecatorulAlb said:

When losing a fight against another player, you can perpetually issue the /back command to attack and annoy the already battle-drained opponent, not to mention that the Unarmed McMMO skill makes fists a feasible weapon, even at lower levels.

Death becomes a non-issue with the ability to teleport back at your location and retrieving your items.

Why did you think that Minecraft has a health bar?

Right at the moment, players don't give a damn about death, which is clearly a sign that something is off.

When death occurs it means that you screwed something up. Therefore, you have to be penalized by dropping your items and spawning at either your home or the spawn. You want your items back? I certainly understand, I would think the same way, but do something about it! You shouldn't be able to just plainly get away with death. If you really want to get your items back, get up on your legs and use them! Or on your horse, or boat! That's the way to get revenge on death! It's not that hard! Items will only despawn if you've been longer than 5 minutes in the area, which is more than enough to retrieve them. You even have the option to teleport to a random point on the map!

Back to the shop now, I don't think people see my point, so I will give examples:

Buying crop seeds?! There are multiple legitimate and proper ways of acquiring seeds: finding them (the basic method), carrots and potatoes can be occasionally dropped by zombies, and ultimately the McMMO plugin adds yet another way of acquiring seeds in a legitimate manner, known as the Hylian luck, about which you can get more information here.

Buying ores?! Where is the effort of digging through the depths of the Earth seeking and hoarding the valuable resources it holds?

Buying spawn eggs?! Where's the point of taking the risk and traveling to find wildlife, and luring/pulling them back home and turning them into your livestock?

Buying ghast tears?! Man, these things are rare! Not only you have to successfully find and kill a ghast, you also have to locate it, some of the time the drops fall into lava/fire, and even if you get them, there may or may not be a single ghast tear.

Buying nether wart and blaze rods?! For such useful resources you have to go in a dangerous adventure through the death gauntlets known as nether fortresses!

Buying chorus plants?! What's the point of the expedition through leagues of void in a world full of tall and strong creatures able to tear the fabric of space and time, or the fight of someone's life with a tough, monstrous, flying creature not of this world?

Buying villagers?! Not only you have to brew a splash weakness potion and craft a golden apple for each villager, you also have to find a zombified villager, kill other mobs while dodging the very special find, trap him away from sunlight , start the curing process and wait a small deal of time for it to finish, you also have to bring him home! And these guys won't follow you! Plan ahead!

Buying NETHER STARS for crying out loud?!?! Compare buying blaze rods to legitimately acquiring them; the difficulty ratio is the same as comparing acquiring blaze rods to acquiring a nether star.

Those were just examples, there are many more such things in the shop.

Give up shit heads SpintecatorulAlb is to good ! 

2 minutes ago, Nekyexe said:

Give up shit heads SpintecatorulAlb is to good ! 

Mind your language on the forum, please. And avoid quoting the whole post when it's that long. You didn't even make an effort to contribute to this discussion with your comment.

i would say that a bit of change on the server would be nice and i did use to play alot on pure but if you do remove the shops okay?, people who have sponsor or any other rank would still have creative making balancing the game impossible, unless you remove the creative from ONLY that server and make it an actually pure survival  have a small mini games on the server like spleef or like football and whatever that would give you create keys and voting would give you some sort of award as well, ya have the land protection plugin so people dont get griefed straight up people would have there own small towns n such, so people would spend loads of time on the server and would work actually really hard for there builds 

tldr: if you do wanna change it remove gamemode and remove the shopes and add a few small little 2min mini games so people get like small awards as they vote or play the mini games, leader board for the top 20 spleef players and top 10 for the people who vote daily 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I personally believe that the / back command is not a problem, in fact if an old player finds a new one would be difficult to win in PvP and without the only tool to recover their objects everything would become complex, and even more with the fact Of the existence of the livemap, if the players want to do pvp can go to the ArenaPvP, for that was implemented that place ¿right?.
They only have to worry about fixing bugs, PLEASE!

For example Quartz ore in land protection.

Archived