baden27

I have the feeling that the head staff is tired of listening to people trying to help with the server performance etc, but since I have decided to leave the server, I got nothing to lose. I suppose this post will get deleted quite immediately, but hope that the staff will have at least a few moments of objective thoughts on this topic. This is your chance to show cooperation. Let's begin:

The server is running like 15 TPS average, which means everything in the server is running at 75 % speed. And that is the speed in FULLY loaded chunks. And then it has come to my attention that chunks further away than the one chunk the player is standing in are loaded in some sort of slowed/limited performance to reduce lag, so actually things are running EVEN SLOWER than what it seems. This explains why I couldn't get my rf/t production to make sense at all, and it helped A LOT when I placed a personal anchor in my house.

And the server is using some sort of clear-lag alternative as well, but it doesn't warn people of when, how or how often items are deleted, making it very risky to have things dropped on the ground. I've heard of several people losing their AE pure seeds immediately when they reached 100% growth. EVEN THOUGH, mods claim that the server is mostly suffering from peoples automatic farms, with items dropped all over the ground. And there seem to be no interest in limiting peoples overkill-slaughering/harvesting farms to attempt to fix this, because IT LOOKS LIKE 15 TPS IS AN ACCEPTABLE TPS to the staff. Through the first two weeks of me playing on the server, I layed low as I was new, while EXPECTING that staff was obviously trying to work on making the TPS good as I've never before experienced this TPS being accepted. But now I found out, that is not the case at all. I had been waiting patiently for nothing.

I certainly don't want to play on a server running with between 6-18 TPS that even restarts every half an hour or so. I just really don't understand how you want to lay name (its you I'm talking to, mods/admins/owner) to a server running with this performance, and just ignore it and accept its all-time suffering, even just at a few weeks in after a complete server wipe.

To summarize and objectify the server performance suggestions:

• 6-18 TPS is garbage. We all know it. I've experienced 18+ TPS in the server just a few times, and oh my god the happiness from the players was flowing.
  • Further reduced performance in chunks in your vicinity is sad and results in people having to use quite a few world anchors, which I'd guess makes things even worse.
  • More than hourly restarts is garbage. Other servers running just as exhausting modpacks restarts 1-2 times per day, thoughtfully scheduled at low-populated times.
  • Your entity-deletion plugin is annoying and inefficient, and doing its job when its NOT supposed to and vise versa.
  • You have a lack of staff actually able to do stuff (trust issues?), for example, it's said only the owner has the ability to do roll-backs. And most staff lack ability to track griefers. There are many great plugins for this.

Other suggestions:

• Get a real market. People love to design and put up actual stores.
  • Get anti-snipe on auctions. As it is right now, the ones that are winning auctions are the ones that know how to set max bids  (/bid [initial bid amount] [max bid amount]) and bid that way in the last second. Also, it seems that the people who knows how to do it don't want to tell it to the new players to avoid competition. Unfair auctioning.
  • My first time I use MyTown2 plugin, and I must say I think it's really great. Points on that one. The only thing to point out is the fact that "/town spawn" is an instant teleport, which should be set to a few seconds of delay, like all the other ways of teleporting. If you're not allowed to reprogram the plugin, ask for permission, or suggest AfterWind and Legobear154 to implement a feature to change it. Suggesting can't hurt.
  • /toggledownfall /weather /thunder should be limited in some way. Some people actually need shi**y weather for whatever weird, inefficient and fun ways they like to play. For example, if it could be done so only up to X rainy times can be skipped in a row or if the rain duration could be shortened.
  • Reconsider having creative players and non-creative players in the same world. Tough one, I know, as this is an alluring way of getting people to donate. However, it also seems to be the thing taking the most time for mods to administrate. When creative players are trading with, or just living with, non-creative players.
  • The End should restart more often. All hives, ender-lily seeds etc. are looted within the first two days. Near impossible to do most of the complicated Forestry bees without the Ender bees.
  • Consider admin shop price and assortment adjustment. A few items are extremely rare to get, especially in high-populated servers, things like Oblivion bees from The End (you implemented that in the shop already, wohoo!), Division Sigil, other items that can only be achieved by finding naturally spawned.

Oh wait! I am actually not 100 % evil and criticizing :D Here are some compliments that I seriously think you deserve:

• Very active and helpful Helpers/Mods in your staff.
  • The daily vote keys/party is a great way to get people to vote.
  • Active chat and friendly community.
  • /rtp signs is a great way to limit people spamming /rtp command.
  • Which commands are available for standard players and which are not.
  • Dimension creation is available.
  • Twilight Forest is available.
  • Your website design.
  • Active forum.

If you have further questions, I will gladly discuss it and help as much as I can, as long as it's in this thread, open to everyone, and as long as we are all listening and being objective and constructive.

Good luck in the future

Regards,
Baden

Sorry to see you go Baden27, instead of ranting you made a constructive post of things that should be worked on to improve the servers quality and for that I applaud you. 

I hope to see you return again, maybe we will have tps addressed by then and some of your other suggestions. 

Archived