How To Become A Successful Tekkit Player

hi, i started as a player for a month or two on the tekkit server then became a tekkit judge long before the reset i am no longer staff there but i can tell you how i got successful before the reset even happened.

first of all make your way out of the spawn run around and explore and make some allies and friends. Do not trust everybody for they do not all want to help you some may even kill you. Take a while to learn who is really who and who to trust. Try and find a experianced player who might seem to develop and interest in you and can live with you as your partner, my partners were Immiel, Roby and Haoss07.

Now when you have some friends and starting equipment try and work your way to find materials such as rubber, oil , invar and more metals and ores that can help you. Iron tools are right for the cause till you can afford a diamond tool or simply a power fist with the upgrades.

your first goal should be to produce a power suit with a power fist and to gain the materials you need to create modules for it. Protect your home while your at it with towny or the golden shovel thing. Once you have the invar, tin, gold, copper, electrum that you need to produce your armor build the armor modifying table, then build the modules you wish to install. Power suits operate on modules or systems that you plug into them, like space helmet, power tool and more.

Your second goal is to produce power, i recommend you use steam, combustion , stirling or magmatic engines. Setup a straight line of redstone conduits about 10 blocks high and place the engine of your choice by right clicking it on the conduit so the engine is facing the conduit. wrench the conduit till they turn orange, *note wrench only works if an engine is attached so place it then wrench the conduit its attached to. After that is done and you have 40 engines placed 10 on each side fuel them with what they require and place a redstone energy cell anywhere on the pillar as long as it is attached to the pillar directly on a blue conduit not an orange one. Take a conduit and plug it in to the back of the redstone energy cell and wrench it so it turns orange, now make a trail from there to all your machines. Now you have electricity !!

Your third goal is to produce machines do your work for you, which is first order of buesness produce a quarry get the materials you need and make the quarry. When ready supply power to the quarry by leading conduits from the back of the energy cell like we did in step 2 all the way to any side of the quarry. The quarry will automatically begin to cut blocks and make sure you have placed a chest on its top or on any free side of it. congratulations you now have a auto miner mining for you, be sure to check the chest for valuables. It will excavate a single chunk and it can be rigged for more but lets not go there yet.

your fourth goal is to make machines like pulverizers and more machines, later a forcefield to protect your lands and keep expanding.

I hope your tekkit journey goes well.

if you have any issues contact me Andrew2060 via pm or post here for any help :)

Andrew, you should check TE 1.6.4, its MUCH different now, for example the power conduits dont have input/output support anymore, its all done by the energy cell

Also I dont find power armor a priority, its high up on the list but I usually dont make it untill I have ore doubling going and a steady power source, sometimes even a ME network

Also the power armor upgrades like jetpack etc are much more expensive bcz of the new tesseract recipe

Lol you're taking it a bit more seriously than you should xD they became 'evil' And yea you dont need 'allies'. all you need is friends :)

I can reacall more than a few situations that I couldn't have gotten through without help (mostly jim <3 :P)

my friends are my allies, I have a few who play regularly if you know them, Eanvohn1, Sonjohan, Simsonas, flamingironbird, littlefreeze.

my enemies are immiel and roby they got me banned and got one another banned aswell

I would say most important on a fast tekkit start is the pulverizer, its not hard to make and it doubles ur ores (and thats rly important)

U will need less time on farming stuff when u get to the really expensive things to craft.

• 2 weeks later...

Secret of early game ore doubling: create a grindstone.  It takes 3 certus dust, 3 stone and a few wooden gears.  Cheap except for the certus.  Make a handle out of 5 sticks, put it in. put ore in, hold down right click on handle and you double your ores.  Just a way to get more out of your ore in the beginning when you really need it to get going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

true,

Should make a small big reactor about 3x3 ( not sure if dimensions are right)

That usually powers everything in a small capacity.

Fusion reactors are for those who are efficient and resourceful, and have tons of time to make the materials.

Otherwise i have one backup big reactor, one large main big reactor, two fusion reactors and 12 solar panels.

enough to keep a mars base going.

new steps

.1. build quarry.

2. build steam dynamos.

3. build reactor.

4. build Ae ME

5. build more quarrys

6. build a laser drill and pre chargers

*I find that steam and magmatic dynamos work the best*

If you want simple easy to make power, go for the steam dynamos

Make a 4x4 of water inside a pit, place a aqueos accumalator in one corner attach a liquiduct to the top of it and connect it to the dynamos. This makes the dynamos have water to generate steam, second issue is combustable items. Take a hopper connect it to the dynamo and put tons of coal/charcoal/wood products into it.

Dont forget to place conduits on the red top part of the engine and connect it to the thing(s) you want to power.

~Andrew2060