Disappointed About The Town System

Ares

I am a non premium player in the tekkit server,

yesterday when I played with my two friends,

there was a invisible premium player through teleport to enter our home

and also called a lot of wolves to kill our sheep and cow

The town system is used to protect the player to prevent malice attack

but powersuit has a lightning summoner is not target to the players, it is attack the area

therefore that player can attack us and will not restrict by the town system

When that player online he teleport inside my house and start to kill player
not only one time, he does it several times and always teleport in my home 

I think this is not the  happening your team want to see 
If this is the treatment respectively between premium and normal players

I am disappointed to happen this and the attitude of the player is not respect the other server's user( I know this is uncontrollable by your team)

But I strongly recommend to face the powersuit's problem squarely.
If you guys want me to provide the player's name I can provide it  

Disappointed about your unwillingness to learn our town commands.

​#1 /town perm town set out none

Now no outsiders can enter to kill your animals or you.

#2 /town perm town set friend enter

now friends of the town can not build, therefore they can not steal, or place items. Also makes it easy for us to catch the culprits of lightning attacks if you have these two commands in place.

Also if you have the players name please do provide it to us with evidence so that we may prosecute the player for bypassing town perms. A name only isn't enough as you could pick anyone name, please submit a screenshot or video of the player. imgur.com is a user friendly upload website for pictures. Your minecraft screenshots should be in a folder named %appdata%

If the player was able to spawn wolves on your land, then you already gave them friend permissions and left those friend permissions as the default were they can build. I'm not sure why it is default to let friends build but it is.

Also yes, the power suit lightning bypasses town claims because it will set the ground on fire and burn the person. There is actually little use for that addon as it doesn't do a lot of damage and on creepers it only charges them and on pigmen it does nothing at all. But, It is a somewhat usefull attack against people without proper power armor heatsinks setup. If their heatsinks are right then its basically a useless addition to anyone's power armor. We allow pvp, but not bypassing town claims. The lightning attack is 9 times out of 10 useful in pvp.

Staff are almost always online and willing to help you with our commands. You cant blame our town system if you haven't bothered to learn it. Besides staff we have a plethora of players that are great at offering proper advice.

I just tested, I can not spawn any wolves or any mob in a players claim that I am not friended in.

Also, tamed wolves will follow a player, but do not attack unless attacked. A tamed wolf wont attack a mob such as a sheep or any cow etc that doesn't attack it. I just tested.

Who ever did it was apart of your town, or a friend of a player in your town.

Enter /town perm town set out none

And /town perm town set friend enter

Currently friends are defaulted to be allowed to build/place on claims. And even if you did not friend the person a town member may have.

People will still be able to shoot you with lightning on their power fist yes, but if you are close enough to see their name by having pointed at them you will know who it was and F2 is screenshot we can punish.

Also with /town perm town set out none and /town perm town set friend enter your safe from outsiders, and narrowed down for us the list that can enter your claim.

Edit: I'll see if we can remove the power fist lightning summoner, its uses are limited and its damage is almost nothing to most things. Some things it wont even do damage to like creepers and zombie pigmen, it turns pigs to zombie pigmen too doing no damage. And being that it sets fire and bypasses town perms that's about its only use.

But In the meantime please ask about our commands before you ridicule our system.

Our system is in fact quite good and being made better every day.

But you have to use the commands we give you to make it work best.

Town assistants should be chosen carefully, they are able to add town friends and change town perms and just about everything a mayor can do except they cant delete the town.

I have made a whole post about this all if you cared to look...

http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/11515-tekkit-town-protection-commands/

And that is why I made a post for our tekkit server that shows and explains in detail our most valuable commands to have a safe, fun and grief free time on our server with other players.

Never allow friends to build unless they are staff or you trust them, if your desperate for help with a setup youtube and google has everything you need to know. Some players will get friend access just to help, with the intention of an attack later. This only happens to players who allow it though.

If you ever /town perm town set friend build always make sure its set back after to /town perm town set friend enter

Always choose town friends and town assistants with care. Town assistants bypass all perms and can even change town perms and add friends to the town.

-GunnerHQ the only perm default that needs to be changed is the /town perm town set friend build

That one should not be default as build.

Who is the player that killed your sheep and cows because as far as I know that counts as griefing

Wolves automatically kill sheep don

The player should be banned because according to the rules :

[8] No Griefing claimed Territory:

-1st offense = 2 day ban

-2nd offense = 5 day ban

-3rd offense = 14 day ban

(Includes everything that changes the environment of claimed land.)

(Includes any block, item, action, liquid, that can bypass protection.)

I completely agree with you ares the town protection sucks and you know it sucks Don, but you have to remember tekkit is a 1.6.4 modpack that doesn't look like it's going to update anytime soon so the protection system is a bit outdated. If you ban everything the modpack will suck

PortalAtlas, Him giving us just a name doesn't cut it. We need proof that the player he names is the one.

Also I just found out that my tests conducted were abit to short. As the wolf doesn't immediately attack the sheep but after about 15-20seconds it does. I was wrong I didn't wait long enough in the test for the wolf to turn on the sheep.

However you still cant spawn a wolf without claim permissions. And tamed wolves cant go threw fences or whatever sort of blockade that is there to keep the sheep from wandering away. So the attacker must have had town claim perms to get the wolf past the blockade. Either to spawn them in or to open a gate they need perms.

Banning the lightning summoner is not everything. Its far from it, and it isn't practical in any situation other than grief.

#1 if the town perms were /town perm town set out none, then no outsiders can enter to attack.

#2 if the town perms were /town perm town set friend enter, then no friends can place wolves. Or open gates for tamed wolves to get to the sheep.

#3 ban lightning summoner and no one can bypass town claims with it. Simple.

PortalAtlas, Him giving us just a name doesn't cut it. We need proof that the player he names is the one.

Also I just found out that my tests conducted were abit to short. As the wolf doesn't immediately attack the sheep but after about 15-20seconds it does. I was wrong I didn't wait long enough in the test for the wolf to turn on the sheep.

However you still cant spawn a wolf without claim permissions. And tamed wolves cant go threw fences or whatever sort of blockade that is there to keep the sheep from wandering away. So the attacker must have had town claim perms to get the wolf past the blockade. Either to spawn them in or to open a gate they need perms.

Banning the lightning summoner is not everything. Its far from it, and it isn't practical in any situation other than grief.

#1 if the town perms were /town perm town set out none, then no outsiders can enter to attack.

#2 if the town perms were /town perm town set friend enter, then no friends can place wolves. Or open gates for tamed wolves to get to the sheep.

#3 ban lightning summoner and no one can bypass town claims with it. Simple.

oo i know ban mobs totaly... /endsarcasm

Wolves teleport with you, and I know lots of players like having Carpet over their fences to easily jump over it but wolves can also jump over them I believe.

I agree with you that the summoner should be banned but I disagree with you about the out perms. I mean sure you can disable outsiders from entering but unless you have up to two chunks in protection around your base(which lots of newcomers don't have money for) it's useless since the Lightning summoner fires where your eye location is. Also its very annoying, is there a way to make it like push you 50 blocks backwards or something instead of sending you to spawn? Because I hate flying 1k meters just to get sent to spawn by a dirt hut.

I highly doubt it was a friend of his town because there are 1000 easier ways to kill friends besides wasting 10k joules of power and risk overheating.

oo i know ban mobs totaly... /endsarcasm

Shut up before all hostile mobs actually get banned for protection bypass lol

Well I didnt sense that you were on my side about banning the lightning summoner on your first post.

And I agree that it needs to be gone. Its a useless adition to power armor other than grief of noobs. Im currently pushing for it to be banned and several staff are on board.

​But even with it gone /town perm town set out none should still be in place.

And so should /town perm town set friend enter

The pets; wolves, ocelots and slimelings will teleport to a player if they have to. threw walls/fences and even from the players base all the way to spawn I know. The player complaining says that the attacker was spawning wolves. That's a lot different, and if the player was a donator as they say then its feasible the attacker had wolf spawn eggs.

Also "risk overheating" lol... I can set up a power armor set that will shoot 5 times as fast as I want, and then another time every 5-8seconds forever. Until my resonant ender cell is dead.

There is no risk to overheating with power armor. It has cooling systems, and a heat gauge.

And they say the attacker was in gm1 spawning wolves. If all that is true he cant die or overheat to death anyways.

And power being a cost!? Spawn gives free lava, and free energetic infusers... Fusion reactors are free power once made. We have players giving free power if you have a tesseract. Power isn't an expense on tekkit.

Archived