Eula Compliance - Changes On Our Donation Shop.

brunyman

• Founder

Hello guys,

As you might know, once 1.9.4 came out Mojang(Microsoft) secretly made a server blacklist to block servers that are not respecting EULA. As some servers are already blocked, we will too need to get EULA friendly to keep everything running on the long therm.

We were not contacted by Mojang, or at least not yet, even so the best is to start implementing the changes before they will reach us.

In order to get EULA friendly we will have to do big changes to our Store, and pearks like kits, gamemode, fly will have to be removed from the store. Note that existing ranks will not be changed, we will create new ranks that will have different pearks, and existing ranks will still have gamemode or pearks that you got when you purchased the ranks.

I'm not sure yet what changes we will make, but I'l start working on a boost system first

So note! Existing ranks and pearks will not be affected, if you got creative access for example you will still have it, even after we get our store EULA friendly. So if you want creative access hurry and get it now while you still can, because you will still have it even after we remove it from the store.

If you have suggestions of EULA safe pearks please post below.

The first change that we will make will be to separate the Network Store from the Modded Servers, so we can work on the Network Servers first.

Again, right now you can still get the existing ranks, but we will soon remove them and replace them with stuff EULA friendly.

Well... you could leave the current system... but implement a ranking system in game... that is time based... say you buy the rank for 10000$ and get like an extra /sethome... or something similar... and lasts dunno... like 1-2 weeks? that way the ones that don't want to wait for the ranking up... they can buy the rank they want directly... or this still doesn't comply with EULA?

Why you need to change the modded perks too? they aren't 1.9

All modded servers will be rocking 1.9 relatively soon, anyway. Thus, it's probably best for us to get everything EULA-friendly as quickly as possible.

• Founder

The black list affects all minecraft versions, it's implemented in the Minecraft Launcher, anyway modded servers will not be affected, unless the modpack launchers will somehow have to implement the black list too. Right now we will work on Network store only, that's why modded servers will be on a different store.

• Founder

Well... you could leave the current system... but implement a ranking system in game... that is time based... say you buy the rank for 10000$ and get like an extra /sethome... or something similar... and lasts dunno... like 1-2 weeks? that way the ones that don't want to wait for the ranking up... they can buy the rank they want directly... or this still doesn't comply with EULA?

I don't think it is EULA friendly, I haven,t seen on any other EULA friendly store a such a system.

They say you can only sell cosmetic stuff, stuff that does not affect gameplay.

For example if I sell on store a diamond sword, but provide that item to be bought ingame too, means it's eula friendly? It's still pay to win right?

well... cosmetic stuffs only?:) like sell dyes? or colored leather armor? or what? vanilla doesn't have a lot of cosmetics... You can't really make the money to sustain the servers only by "cosmetics"... Yes in the big games... MMORPGs and stuffs... works...  but not with minecraft.

We could have a way for people to get commands that donors get from the shop from ingame. I did hear some were as long as normal players can get the commands with out having to pay we could keep the donor ranks on the shop. Maybe we could have signs that sell the commands for certain amounts of ./money.

I found a forum where some used a system called play to win. Which basically means: you play more, you earn more points to buy stuffs... but dunno how to add the real money thing here. Besides custom names, tags, trails, particle effects, pets...

According to this page here: https://blocklist.tcpr.ca/

It says 

• May 12th 2016: Forge has started to include Mojang's addition to Netty which means Forge servers will no longer be immune.

Now I do not know for sure whether a new forge version will add this or whether they'll somehow get it into the existing version. I am able to connect to blacklisted servers using a Forge 1.7 client for the time being. Whether it will stay like that is anyone's guess. And nobody knows whether it will be backported to older versions of Forge. At this point it's really anybody's guess at what's going to happen with it.

U could relist in a few special keys that can only be obtained from the buycraft shop and with them gain access to open chests "Especials" "Legend" etc.

- CrateKeys (Premium): https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/cratekeys.1040/

- CrazyCrates (Free): https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/%E2%96%BA%E2%96%BAcrazy-crates%E2%97%84%E2%97%84-add-some-fun-crates-to-your-server.17599/

The sv Survival could be implemented improvements, Vips, Premium and Sponsor kits. Not is if u know what i mean..

My idea right now just focus on Survival sv: 

- Implement Kits (Vip, Premium, Sponsor, etc.)

- Add chests magic that only u may open with magic keys (CrazyCrates, CrateKey etc.) (And that any key if free every 48h for example)

- Add a store/shop that can be opened with a cmd (BossShop)

- An area of wide pvp for users who want to make pvp

- Mines VIP for those users who have donated by the sv which may undermine diamonds withot having to search for the map (MineResetLitePlus)

Already more ideas dont occur to me for the Survival sv. 

But we could improve some game modes so that they are not so bland. 

SkyWars sv could be improved by placing that only users who have donated to the sv can vote for chest (op chest, normal chest, basic chest) for weather type (day, night, etc.) and mode jumping (normal, god, etc.)..

Also place a chest that only can open with magic keys and get coins, permanent kits, crystal colors, etc.. And on the other hand a special chest with best things that they can only obtained by buying the key in the buycraft store. 

Place a menu with cosmetics for users who donated and to use effects in the lobby of SkyWars, etc.. 

Cosmetics Free: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/ultra-cosmetics-opensource-and-free.10905/

Cosmetics Premium: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/ultimatecosmetics-new-1-9-major-update.5885/

I have been programmer since long time ago, if u want to do test with plugins and recommend them here will do it with pleasure :P

Archived