Network Assassins Craft Update!

brunyman

• Founder

assassins%20logo2.png

Hello,

Because of issues with low incoming donations and low players on our custom modded server WorldAutomation I have decided that at this point I will not host another custom modded server, I know I said I will work on PostBlast but problem is that modded servers use a lot of resources so they are more expensive to run and running another empty server when funds are not great it's not the best decision. 

So I have decided to skip PostBlast at this point and start working on AssassinS Update, we really need to get everything back on track and a nice AssassinS update should do it. This will be a large update and there will be some game changes. But more about the changes I will tell you on the way as we progress with the update. This update will get the assassins server to the next upgraded level, or at least that's what I aim for, I will add new features and recode most of the plugins as they are outdated, this will also allow us for easier and faster updates in the future.

As I already started working on the update for the last 2 days, here are some of the changes done so far:

• I removed all chunks that were generated by players outside the map and reduced the map size from 600MB to ~ 80MB. 
  • As the lava border around the map was a very bad idea I have removed all of it, no more lava around the map! I have found a better way to prevent players from leaving the map, Barrier Blocks, it took some good amount of hours to add it and remove the lava but it's all done.
  • Small cosmetic changes to some building to make them look better, Markets were the main target as they had all possible colors.
  • The player traders are also gone! Because not all players could had one, they lagged players and it was hard to check all of them to buy something, I have replaced the traders with a Market GUI system, easy to use.

These are the changes so far and this was the first stage of the update, the map check and fixes. Next I will focus on plugins, and re-coding most of them to be able to fix issues and add more features and effects. More about this in the next update posts.

Here some pictures with changes:

Players Market the Player Traders replacement.

1.png

No more lava!

3.png

Added Barrier Blocks

4.png

Cosmetic changes there and there

2.png

Stay tuned about more changes!

i like the changes, but how is this new system going to work (market)? i mean when you purchase something it automatically removes the amount of gold from your inv , is there going to be a way to change gold for money?

• Founder

i like the changes, but how is this new system going to work (market)? i mean when you purchase something it automatically removes the amount of gold from your inv , is there going to be a way to change gold for money?

I'm also thinking to also remove the wallet, but I don't know yet

In truth,

FTB really needs to be replaced as it is no longer being updated by DW20 and has 10-15 players at once for 1 hr a day.

Plus, modded servers are fun if their pack's have a proper theme that isn't the same as 20k other packs that exist.

Point being, modded servers require specific theme and all features to play, without that it seems impossible as a serv.

Anyhow, alright well maybe in the future you might change your mind and I will work on my theme even more.

• Founder

This does not replace any of the modded servers, this is an update on our AssassinS network servers, it's an old server that needs a big update. Anyway I'm wondering what modpack is very demanded now.

This does not replace any of the modded servers, this is an update on our AssassinS network servers, it's an old server that needs a big update. Anyway I'm wondering what modpack is very demanded now.

have you ever thought about a FTB infinity or one of them type of servers thats kind of a tekkit,dw20 and WA combined? i know they are a little more unstable than others but with a little bit of work i think it would be cool to have a real decent ftb infinity server

• Founder

The shops will be like pure survival market??

yes, same as on our survival servers

have you ever thought about a FTB infinity or one of them type of servers thats kind of a tekkit,dw20 and WA combined? i know they are a little more unstable than others but with a little bit of work i think it would be cool to have a real decent ftb infinity server

but aren't there adventure or magic packs? I mean something different then we already have

In terms of packs similar to WA and DW20 (kitchen sink packs and 1.710) there is FTB infinity which is more popular and stable, and alternatively resonant rise main with the optional project Flux which is what the yogscast play currently in their popular YouTube series. Those are two stable popular big packs.

In terms of needed servers, I didn't see any public servers of the Mystic Mesa pack which is brand new and popularized by Stacy plays who was recently in the Mine craft story mode video game the pack got huge numbers of downloads already and you could be one of the only servers with it on if you can get it to work.

In terms of magic mod packs for a change, you could choose Simply Magic which has just the popular magic mode with a tutorial HQM element for each magic mod. I would imagine an interesting economy would happen with all the magic items. Also, it doesn't have tech mods at all forcing you to be creative with the magic mods. But, maybe it doesn't have to be 1.710 ever wonder what tekkit would be like completely opposite with all the cool magic mods instead of tech mods? Well, that is the Madpack v1, a more difficult more adventurey magic mod pack that was also played by popular youtubers. The newer versions of the Madpack are kinda stale so go with the v1. But, maybe it is not extreme enough. There is another more extreme version of this that is fresh and played by the popular you tuber Dan TDM, the diamond minecart. It is called Crazy Craft. It looks too epic to be true, and safe. These last two have harder mobs and even bosses.

And last but not least is Blightfall, which you might have noticed it's the official technic launcher top pack, a magic adventure where you have to survive in a thaumcraft-taint infected land in a protected bubble a true magic adventure that is pretty hard core because you need to figure out how to uncurse the land in order to make your base.

There are a lot of mod packs and I removed the ones that looked unstable or boring and unpopular after a short time. Hope it helps you get some ideas.

That's great! I love the idea of removing all lava around the place, as it caused quite a bit of lag and a frame drop indeed. Personally, I can't wait for that new market system to be implemented. It should definitely do the trick and allow for a smoother buying and selling process to be made available to everyone; no more bugged and out of stock NPCs that players couldn't even get their hands on, due to how hard they were to acquire in the first place.

Any chance you could consider adding a fancy trading plugin, like the one found on Pure Survival, as well? It should definitely help prevent scamming, a really common occurrence on AC v1.

That's all. Good luck with the update!

Well this update seems cool but removing wallet probably isn't too good idea, because it's simple to buy anything with iron (you just shift+click and you have stack of iron withdrawn from wallet)..

But anyways, you should definitely add more parkours! :)

• Founder

I remember a lot of players didn't like the wallet, so should we really keep it? I'm planning some changes, like coal, iron, gold will be sold for money, and all items will be bought using money, but I can keep the wallet or so you can sell the loot easy, or leave the slot empty for other stuff and you will be able to sell the loot at NPC's.

Perhaps we should have it removed if you do indeed plan on making it so all items are bought using money, instead of coal, iron and gold. Making money our main currency pretty much eliminates most of the purpose of it, as its only use would be to make it a bit quicker for players to trade resources for money. In that case, I'm gonna have to say I'm against sticking with it. How about we set up a poll for it, though?

Archived