Tekkit - CL Archive - 2013/2014.

Jimmel

Hey!

So, I was browsing through some old screenshots the other day, in attempt to try and organize my library a bit. I came across some really old footage from Tekkit back in 2013 onwards that I've been sitting on for way too long now. I figured I'd put some of those shots together and form sort of a screenshots collage, for nostalgia's sake. :)

Turned out a bit longer than I was going for, however it's a pretty accurate depiction of things back then, and sure brought back some amazing memories! Again, it's nothing more than a few screenshots in a short and badly edited clip I thought I'd share with the community. Nothing too exciting.

Tekkit 2013 squad: @Andrew2070 (ex- @burnin_aura), @Marko@CreepersCrown@Eden20@flamingironbird@simsonas86, @Danielkinz and a few more (now inactive) community members, such as SirMajestick, Dexwarrior, Oakinshield, ModyMadness, and more.

Watch in HD 720p or higher.

Huge thanks to @brunyman for keeping it real all these years. Awesome work. ^_^

I was not around at this time, but it was really nice to see how the network was back in the time!

0:29 - Interesting to see how much milder the rules have become.
0:35 - No Helpers and GM+'s at the time? :)
2:00 - Lol! " Space trips are NOT recommended right now " * Instantly shoots off in a rocket! *
3:09 - Haha! " Bruny's online.. omgomgomgomg.. ACT NORMAL.. okay.... ' whaaaooo bruny! ', nailed it! "
3:16 - Chestshops!? That would've been great now :)

My my.., mods have really changed since then! applied energistics 1!... Tesseracts having three modes, energy/fluid/items :-) , and buildcraft pipes being the #1 way to transfer items
I really enjoyed this, thank you for sharing!

2 hours ago, Henkekalmar said:

0:29 - Interesting to see how much milder the rules have become.

Yeah, punishments were a bit on the harsh side back then. IP-banning people was sort of an everyday thing for me from some point and on.

0:35 - No Helpers and GM+'s at the time? :)

http://prnt.sc/eaqt56 - GM+ was introduced in early 2016.

Was a bit of a newb at explaining stuff like that myself back in 2013, haha. My English wasn't nearly as good either, quite evidently.

2:00 - Lol! " Space trips are NOT recommended right now " * Instantly shoots off in a rocket! *

Gotta do what you've gotta do! I recall people would lose their items all the time back then due to numerous glitches in the main Galacticraft mod. That was a struggle to deal with.

3:09 - Haha! " Bruny's online.. omgomgomgomg.. ACT NORMAL.. okay.... ' whaaaooo bruny! ', nailed it! "

Haha, lmao. That must've been the second time I'd ever seen bruny on the server or something. Lost my $h!t there. :)

3:16 - Chestshops!? That would've been great now :)

Worked a charm, however with limited functionality. Got the job done back then for sure.

Welp. Just realized there's no option for adding a spoiler after writing all that. Meh, we'll survive.

A lot's changed since then; mods, server structures, staff proceedures, you name it. I appreciate your taking the time to comment! It was a pleasure sharing this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2017 at 3:59 PM, Jimmel said:

Hey!

So, I was browsing through some old screenshots the other day, in attempt to try and organize my library a bit. I came across some really old footage from Tekkit back in 2013 onwards that I've been sitting on for way too long now. I figured I'd put some of those shots together and form sort of a screenshots collage, for nostalgia's sake. :)

Turned out a bit longer than I was going for, however it's a pretty accurate depiction of things back then, and sure brought back some amazing memories! Again, it's nothing more than a few screenshots in a short and badly edited clip I thought I'd share with the community. Nothing too exciting.

Tekkit 2013 squad: @Andrew2070 (ex- @burnin_aura), @Marko@CreepersCrown@Eden20@flamingironbird@simsonas86, @Danielkinz and a few more (now inactive) community members, such as SirMajestick, Dexwarrior, Oakinshield, ModyMadness, and more.

Watch in HD 720p or higher.

Huge thanks to @brunyman for keeping it real all these years. Awesome work. ^_^

I miss them days, Can we please just go on IE and build stuff together cuz i miss the days where we would blow ourselves up tyring to make a reactor XD

4 minutes ago, flamingironbird said:

I miss them days, Can we please just go on IE and build stuff together cuz i miss the days where we would blow ourselves up tyring to make a reactor XD

Haha, great times indeed! Shame I rarely find any time for MC these days; been busy with school. Oh, hold on, I can't even run those new modpacks, lol.

All these ancient staff and players commenting...

I never played tekkit, but I used to see all of you everywhere on the forums, so I guess I can relate to this nostalgia?

Maybe I'll pull out one of my old videos of ancient times. I didn't save the screenshots of old like you did, though, so a tutorial might have to do it instead. (Only pay attention to the beginning part, I guess)

3 hours ago, Jimmel said:

@quagma

That's some awesome stuff right there. Good on you for putting out that tut; crazy how those modpacks have changed over the years. It was all so much simpler back then, haha.

Love the texture pack, too. :)

Wish I could find a way to update that pack from 1.5 (which worked with 1.6 with only a minimum of tweaking) to 1.7, because I freaking love that texture pack. You can hardly ever find good modded texture packs in 16x resolution anymore.

Made the tut because it was an oft overlooked, albeit really cool, block. Played with it a whole ton back in the day, sometimes as a way to fill up quarry holes. 

Speaking of which, that map in which I made the video was existent for nearly a year, so you can imagine the mess it was in before it got wiped. Almost every biome was either a large base or a quarry hole.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh wow, the good old days. Cant believe its been 4 years already.

On 3/6/2017 at 5:29 PM, flamingironbird said:

Yea, those days were awesome, full days just playing together and having fun. Now everyone went their own way, even the gaming group is quiet

• 2 weeks later...

Archived