Voltz Server For Crafters Land

akaElite

I'm going to make this brief. I want a Voltz server for Crafters Land.

Why? Voltz is a very good mod-pack and it is very fun because you can actually raid other players, and its an easy pack to become good at, so basically its a fast paced raiding mod-pack with missiles and other cool features. I think this would be a good mod-pack to replace the old version of Dire-Wolf, as we have just opened a new server with a higher version. A Voltz server would fit nicely here as it always keeps it interesting and fun.

I also think there should be no game-mode creative access, even if you tell people not to raid with creative items, its bound to happen, and will probably ruin the game. So I think ranks like Sponsor and Sponsor+ should just get good kits or something like that. I also know several players agree with me on the Voltz server idea.

Also I have seen other Voltz servers, and they literally let you buy /vanish, ruining the game, and their staff teams are terrible. I beleive we can make a good Voltz server, with an amazing staff team, and provide boosts for higher ranked people, but still keeping it fair. Sorry for any misspelling or bad grammar, Im on my phone ;p 

Thank you for reading this, leave your opinions below :)

1 minute ago, GravityCube said:

I dont support this idea because of the outdated mods. We already have a lot of trouble because of it. I prefer a custom modpack (with updated and alternative mods) for craftersland to replace Tekkit.

Well number one, replacing tekkit is not a good idea, a lot of people play on it, and tekkit has a large community, so you cant simply delete an entire server. Unlike tekkit, the old DireWolf server is basically going to die soon because of the new version being released, the old server will be a waste of money. A new voltz server would most likely rack in a lot of donations from people trying to get a small boost.

Number two, its hard to get a modpack popular, so player count will be low, and it probably wont be worth the time and money used to make the mod-pack.

2 minutes ago, akaElite said:

Well number one, replacing tekkit is not a good idea, a lot of people play on it, and tekkit has a large community, so you cant simply delete an entire server. Unlike tekkit, the old DireWolf server is basically going to die soon because of the new version being released, the old server will be a waste of money. A new voltz server would most likely rack in a lot of donations from people trying to get a small boost.

Number two, its hard to get a modpack popular, so player count will be low, and it probably wont be worth the time and money used to make the mod-pack.

You're right. It was just an idea. In any case a voltz server seems like a lot of problems to me too, at least in the first months.

YRSYWAEFRuIEFuiEyuht;OLESRIGAPIW;TNetazetjtpisrteyessssssssssssssssssssssssssSRFESFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. *Clears throat* Sry i just had a heart attack out of joy. I used to love voltz when i was 6-8 I would play it all the time. Often by myself (lone faction in a server) because i couldn't trust anyone with my equipment. but that's half the fun! it was great when i played because it was setup with an anti-raid countdown. if we did it we should have that. like a 3-4 day raid protection countdown for starters, then again if you learn a little its easy to hide form everyone. also no dynmap and no /list or a /near. This would be a wonderful idea for those who just want to burn down cites and destroy everything in their wake! Hehe

Anyway, to be more professional. I think this mod-pack would be a great replacement for the old dire-wolf. In addition it will bring in many players from the realms of pvp. Raiding is fun after all. In mod-packs like tekkit its more about automation but this mod-pack was made for war, if done correctly i might just switch my status as tekkit staff to a Voltz staff!

Player A blows up Player B's base and then Player B becomes mad at him then starts a war agaisnt him. Then Player B calls support then Player C and D joins the war. But Player A also recruits new soldiers then start what we could call the FVW (First Voltz War). Some time later the war ends then the scene repeats but this time its the SVW (Second Voltz War)

I was thinking... If Brunyman decides to add that modpack... It would be cool if there was rewards for those wars

Like...

In-game Money / Rank / Fame / Respect / etc...

Please @brunyman, add this modpack!

It seems to me it would have more problems than even tekkit. The age is an issue, and protection from the weapons is another matter entirely. People also get salty. From a staffing point of view, it's a nightmare. Most or all your favorite stuff will likely be banned, due to incredibly high potential for abuse (especially if we use tekkit as any sort of metric). This sort of thing works best with a very very small number of people, not the hundreds of players that we get in all our servers per day. It easily gets out of hand. Plus, I think we have enough modded servers, what really needs attention is what we've already got. Like Network, which has been neglected for months.

1 minute ago, quagma said:

Most or all your favorite stuff will likely be banned, due to incredibly high potential for abuse

The thing about the items being banned, however, is not really an issue. You can enable world guard to protect spawn and disable damage and explosions. Also Voltz wont have hundreds of players on, it will most likely only have 20 or so at a time, maybe 30. I also think, about the banned items, that there should be very few items banned, if you are talking about abuse with server crashes, then maybe get a more powerful server? I know a place where you can get 16GB for only 80 USD (i dont know if thats a lot, considering we spend 800 EUR on our servers which is about 1,000 USD) If you could explain what abuse issues you meant , that would be great

5 minutes ago, quagma said:

Like Network, which has been neglected for months.

I agree with this however, network does need attention

Thanks to @akaElite and I for getting this suggestion of voltz, We have recently been playing on a voltz server and have enjoyed it a lot with special features I would like to see craftersland have like a PvP mine with blocks and semi OP blocks how these other servers work that we had to bring the idea up again, voltz 1.5.2 is an older mod pack but yes its such a classic and fun pack to play with, if a server can run it smoothly with the correct grief protection for spawn and essentials and any other plugins, what stops us as a community to make a server and say no for this such reason or it would be too laggy? I totally support this addition and it would be great and a thoughtful way for players to take their rage out with missiles. Unlike Tekkit, with the aspect of building and getting resources and mostly become dominate and top over others, once you got some resources you cant do much else? no raiding implemented, just towns which are fun but no top progression to work towards. I play as a tekkit player at the moment and have found it kinda odd and boring when I got pretty much everything and nothing to work else for as a drive. It may be a bad thing to lose your items in voltz as a starting player(me at first) but it was fun to wanna turn right around and play again as the PvP mine that had blocks that were useful(not going to name in forum for spammy reasons) made me felt like with a bit of time anyone could get back on their feet. 

I totally support this aspect and would love to see this modpack included, with the exceptions of me and finding out our base from the start under 2 hours as a rank 2 different days was raided by the same guy with /v to place bombs and get to your base. And the use of /near, even tho its a 200 block radius they say.. that's enough to see your bedrock base, no fun.

8 minutes ago, quagma said:

Most or all your favorite stuff will likely be banned

There wouldn't have to be a reason to ban anything, the server we have been on was previously had banned items, and if a server that has no banned items and even mentions what was banned and previously banned, and abuses items/dupes were fixed and patched, then what would stop us? Not to be disrespectful, if a bit of time was put into the configuration of Voltz, banned items, abuses, dupes and other things, then we could have a correct running voltz server, if another server can do it, then craftersland can do it also :)

Just now, Always_Ein said:

THIS IS WHY YOUR A HELPED (should be higher in my opinion) AND THIS WOULD BE AWESOME YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, on an in related note will there be caps rules again? because I break that rule evry time XD

Yes lol. There will be caps rules :P 

15 minutes ago, quagma said:

From a staffing point of view, it's a nightmare

As a person playing the server on voltz, I see where you come from. but this will be voltz and items will be lost.. I can see that as a player on that server, its run by helpers at the moment.. and the only issues ive came across were im not sure of this or how to play the pack, it being a voltz server its most likely more of a laid back type and naturally salty with occurs at times and things will be lost and not refunded for maybe some exceptions. for this reason that you say its a nightmare, I don't see a reason to deny a pack even though I agree as a player and staff of other servers the nightmare part you see.

2 hours ago, MeatyJosh said:

There wouldn't have to be a reason to ban anything, the server we have been on was previously had banned items, and if a server that has no banned items and even mentions what was banned and previously banned, and abuses items/dupes were fixed and patched, then what would stop us? Not to be disrespectful, if a bit of time was put into the configuration of Voltz, banned items, abuses, dupes and other things, then we could have a correct running voltz server, if another server can do it, then craftersland can do it also :)

If it was easy to fix or patch duplication methods and bypassing methods, then I am guessing brunyman or other higher up staff would have done so on the servers that already exist, like Tekkit. Since they have not patched or fixed certain duplication methods, and rather opted to ban items instead, then I am guessing fixing or patching things that bypass protection is hard or impossible. I think constructing a working voltz server that is fair and fun for most people would be very hard to do, and I don't think it's probable that it will happen. 

2 minutes ago, DragonBone24 said:

If it was easy to fix or patch duplication methods and bypassing methods, then I am guessing brunyman or other higher up staff would have done so on the servers that already exist, like Tekkit. Since they have not patched or fixed certain duplication methods, and rather opted to ban items instead, then I am guessing fixing or patching things that bypass protection is hard or impossible. I think constructing a working voltz server that is fair and fun for most people would be very hard to do, and I don't think it's probable that it will happen. 

This would have to be something that has to be worked out then or figured out, and some of the currently banned items are mostly for the fact of town protection which is different than having a Voltz server were that won't matter and the banned items are fine except for the duplication methods that "this" server has patched and maybe isnt a hard ordeal and something to look at. Or have a couple different people in the mix to figure some of these out. As Voltz is different from tekkit and some items to dupe on tekkit doesn't show in Voltz. 

7 minutes ago, DragonBone24 said:

Well, you see, Voltz doesn't have a lot of mods that would normally introduce the duplication bugs, it doesn't have BuildCraft, or Thermal Expansion. Things like that normally bring the dupe glitches. Also tekkit is an entirely diffrent pack with very different mods, you cant judge the difficulty based off of tekkit. I believe we have a good enough developer to make these things happen, or we can hire someone else to do it. Either way, its possible, it will be hard, but that's what is going to get us our money back. A great voltz sever, with great staff, and few banned items would generate a lot of money, and player activity.

Voltz is version 1.5.2 - we are going far back when we have a tekkit 1.6.4 server. We are trying to move forward with our new releases and releasing a server with such an old modpack would require alot of backporting.

Not to mention the hype for such a old modpack is long gone, even though nostalgia still lives on.
- And dupes and exploits are found in every modpack, no matter what :-)

Archived