Voltz Server For Crafters Land

akaElite

3 hours ago, DragonBone24 said:

then I am guessing brunyman or other higher up staff would have done so on the servers that already exist, like Tekkit. Since they have not patched or fixed certain duplication methods

We are actively patching existing exploits and dupe... I don't know what makes you believe we don't. You can even check our track record of it in the staff zone.... Bruny spends most of his coding hours just fixing dupes.

Banning an item is always our last resort, often taken if the mod is not opensource.

2 hours ago, akaElite said:

or we can hire someone else to do it

introducing more costs

3 hours ago, akaElite said:

if you are talking about abuse with server crashes, then maybe get a more powerful server? I know a place where you can get 16GB for only 80 USD

80 USD for a server is alot, however we rent a dedicated server, so it's not really the same as a host. We would stick with what we got

1ebb950c94c25ba948d728c4f1185ae4.png

top voltz servers have close to no players on it with poor reviews too.. Sorry guys, there are alot of modpacks out there but I'm strongly against Voltz.

first off, yes i would like a voltz server (absolutely love the pack).

But there are a few issues:

- it's an old pack, and even if that means it has had plenty of patches to fix bugs (it's incredible stable and relatively light), there will be quite a small player base willing to go back to 1.5 :/

- staffing this will be... interesting. it'll need seperate (pvp-based) rules and a different kind of staffing mentality, one that is a lot different from what we have now.

- spawn protection: how are we going to protect spawn from ICBMs? (apart from some obvious things as the protection plugins, but these each have their own issues) besides, if the spawn is protected, everything around it will be a crater-filled nuclear wasteland... and as much as i love seeing that in a voltz server, it's not the warm welcome (this wasn't a thermo-nuclear explosion joke) you want to give to new players.

Fun idea, i would love to see it happen personally. but there's a lot of drawbacks to it, some of which will be too great to make a stable and good server impossible...

so as much as i'd love to see it happen, i doubt it'll ever will :/

17 hours ago, Henkekalmar said:

Voltz is version 1.5.2 - we are going far back when we have a tekkit 1.6.4 server. We are trying to move forward with our new releases and releasing a server with such an old modpack would require alot of backporting.

Not to mention the hype for such a old modpack is long gone, even though nostalgia still lives on.
- And dupes and exploits are found in every modpack, no matter what :-)

While true, dupes and exploits are basically the game mode. Having basically any rules other than the essentials ones would be stupid, if their is a actually gamebreaking dupe we can just nerf it to the floor, and just reduce the power of antimatter and redmatter. 

Also, voltz would be far more suited at factions with more of a anarchy style of running, seeing as a lot of players know how to use every bug in the game (like me) to their advantage. The whole idea of trying to move forward is quite tunnel visioned, remember, around 30%of the players here have been playing here for over 2-3 years.

Its also a rather simple, but expandable mod pack that relies on knowledge and wikis, not NEI. So it would probably have a longer wipe time then Tekkit even, which I've noticed is slowing down for some reason.

9 hours ago, RandomNukes said:

- staffing this will be... interesting. it'll need seperate (pvp-based) rules and a different kind of staffing mentality, one that is a lot different from what we have now.

- spawn protection: how are we going to protect spawn from ICBMs? (apart from some obvious things as the protection plugins, but these each have their own issues) besides, if the spawn is protected, everything around it will be a crater-filled nuclear wasteland... and as much as i love seeing that in a voltz server, it's not the warm welcome (this wasn't a thermo-nuclear explosion joke) you want to give to new players

- Not really, i staffed a voltz server back in the day, and as much as people think that you will just have a constant barrage of missiles, you dont. People develop a kinda semi diplomacy and it turns into a more cold war esque thing.

-Simple, put it in a different dimension, ive done it before and works like a treat

Archived