FTB Infinity Evolved Server time for WIPE? Vote!

brunyman

Infinity WIPE Vote Pool.  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for a full server WIPE on our Infinity Evolved Server?

• YES! No more lag, new map seeds and fresh start.
    • NO! Don't WIPE now, it's too early.
    • I don't care.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

infinity.png&key=2f8076c80019991a5593cf4

Hello guys,

Lately there was constant lag on our Infinity Server, the source is some big bases that when loaded they lag spike the server. There are multiple bases that cause this and removal of those is not an option. This is because some mods are not optimized and on multiplayer if used in huge setups will cause lag. These bases are so lagy that alone they lag spike the server without loading anything else.

As result even if last WIPE was on November 24, 2017  about 3 months and 10 days ago, we decided to have a vote pool to see what players what, to keep the server more or WIPE now. The server had a big drop in players because of lag issues.

I also checked the map and seems that there still is free space to build and the lag issues only take place when a lagy base is loaded else the server still runs well.

Check live server map here: https://goo.gl/Au1VW7

Check server stats here: http://minecraft-mp.com/server/138892/stats/

Please vote in the pool above and let us now what to do. Thanks!

I voted for a no. To be honest 3 1/2 month and a wipe already seems in my opinion a bit early. I know only 1 person who is at the creative cell stage, other then that I havent heard from anyone.

As for the lag, maybe I'm online on the right times but I only lag in the evenings a bit the rest seems just fine. 

I'm just saying that waiting 1 - 1 1/2 month would'nt be too bad. 

Can we get this broadcast on the server as well?
I know quite a few people who play on the server do not use discord and are not too active on the forums.

Also, to state my opinion I am quite new here.
And while I am as active as possible I've not even reached nano amour yet.
There are quite a few people in the same boat as me, and I feel its too early for a restart.

Thanks,

Zanda.

I think 3 its too early for a wipe,3 months arent much.
Personaly, i joined 1 month ago and i am still mid game so starting all over again for me it too early, probably wont even start again.
I hope it doesnt get a wipe :/

Feel sad that some people with a few lag vote yes for a wipe.Last week there are only some lag spikes, not that unplayable lag there was 2-3 weeks again.

Just had a conversation in the server, few people think nobody has lag just cause they have better ping, tried explaining to them its unplayable at times and they just ignored me and kept saying there are only a few lag spikes here and there which isn't true, at least for me.

So yeah, I voted yes, and I just played every day for the last month, the fact that I'm willing to delete all of that for less lag should be enough to believe me that I'm lagging more than them, but I guess not lol.

Whatever happens, I'm happy its chosen by the majority and not one of the admins deciding for everyone.

Edit: It's not just me lagging, my internet is fine we are four friends that have constant lag.

ive played on this server longer than a year, the lag has NEVER been this bad before. so I'm glad that a wipe will be happening, voted yes.

ive seen plenty of bases with huge smeltery setups and plenty of those extra utilities pipes (which ive tested, and yes, they do cause lag, plenty of it in fact)

So what's going on we need to know...we need a wipe and idk why we are waiting u are going to do it anyway might as well just start as soon as possiable...if any staff member sees this or the founder himself,plz give us an update on something we need this wipe i dont want to play before the wipe and im waiting...

There will be a wipe if enough players vote for a wipe.
If there aren't enough votes for a wipe, the server won't wipe just yet and we might have another vote in a month or so.

If enough people vote for a wipe, the server will be wiped in about a week or 2 AFTER the vote poll is closed.

We know just as much as you guys do. Bruny himself decides when the vote poll closes and if there are enough votes for a wipe, so we all have to be patient.

On 6.3.2018 at 23:22, Dr_Shuham said:

ive played on this server longer than a year, the lag has NEVER been this bad before. so I'm glad that a wipe will be happening, voted yes.

ive seen plenty of bases with huge smeltery setups and plenty of those extra utilities pipes (which ive tested, and yes, they do cause lag, plenty of it in fact)

*sign* two years for me. Obviously a wipe doesn't solve the problem as it might lag in 3 months again then. But at least it's a start.

so u are saying u are not going to wipe the server correct? because i stopped playing on the server because im waiting for the wipe and i know a few other who did as well..i think u are going to do it anyway might as well start as soon as possiable. I am in the army so i cant play every day anyway and im playing every few days when i can but now im not at all since u didnt wipe...plz just wipe the server man we need it

There is very little lag on the server there is really not a reason to wipe this server.  This vote is pushing new players from playing because they are not sure if a wipe is going to happen and some of the older players hesitant to even play if everything they are doing is just going to be wiped for no reason.  I have been on with only me online up to about 20 players and there is such little lag it does not interrupt playing on the server.  If you are having lag issues with the server it is probably your base and you need to take a look at what you are setting up wrong or putting way too many machines in one spot to play.

This, of course, is just my opinion on the subject, I do not see a reason to wipe the server.

• Founder

I did some patches on some mods to reduce load, looks like it worked, but it may need more tweaks to further improve performance, issue is some mods don't have the source code public so we can't really patch everything but i will patch as much as i can.

Now about wipe, I see that most voters want a WIPE but there are also allot against it and the fact that the map has only 3 months makes me very hard to WIPE. I will have this vote pool broadcast on the server for at least 24h and see the results.

Again i will not WIPE if we have allot of votes against even if most are for WIPE and if there is a good number of players that still play on the server. The reason I started this was consistent lag with big lag spikes timing out players and because of this the huge loss of players dropping player counts to almost empty. If player counts are still very low i willl have to go for wipe.

If we will not WIPE I will be able to do more patches for performance improvements until I did all i could .

Archived