Remember how when you're sick and staying at home, you sometimes put on this old movie you've already seen a dozen times, cause it will keep your mind off being sick for a moment, while not being too taxing on your brain in case you space out for a moment? 

What are your go-to movies when sick? 

For me, even as a kid, that used to be the 1993 movie of The Three Musketeers. (starring Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Chris O Donnell and Oliver Platt, with Tim Curry as the villain.) 

When I got older, my "sick movie" became Galaxy Quest - a fun action-sci-fi-comedy set in space, with the late Alan Rickman among many other great actors. In it, a bunch of actors are taken into space by actual aliens who received transmissions of their "show" in space, without realizing what acting was, thinking it was all real. Now these actors need to save this alien species from extinction. It's a pretty good concept, and I love the execution. 

Archived