Ender Dragon and Dragon heart problem / Spawn shop item suggestion

Endmord

Hi there

Please try killing the dragon away from the bedrock regeneration pedestal/bedrock portal. It does drop a dragon heart by default when killed without the tressure ring trinket. The Dragon's heart spawns a few blocks above the original location of the dragon's egg above the portal so remember to check there.

Report back here if doing the same doesn't work! 

Hi all!

I am one of those players who wrote with Endmord about that topic in the beginning - So we just waited for any answer. As u described, we have tried it now multiple times (nearly 10 times) and not a single heart dropped or spawned above the bedrock. We did also kill the dragon away from the bedrock portal, but still no heart dropped. We dont know what we could do else.

Sadly, the small crates (which you can only find under water) are so freaking rare, so with the droprate of the treasure ring with 3.23% this item is even rarer... We have spent multiple hours to find a small amount of those small crates (under 10), but without any success.

It is kinda frustrating and we look forward to get some help with that case.

Thank you in advance,

ZapTaX

Some of my thoughts about new quest:

Killing usual dragon is pretty easy even with midgame armor, lets say netherite armor + supremium cleaver. Maybe wyvern tools are too much for the heart?

Chaos shards, its cool that there is alternative, but imho id like to just fastkill dragon and get 10 shards, other than crafting this amount of items. Maybe its possible to decrease item types needed, but increase their amount. Like 1 shards - 1k awake blocks or even more. Most of us got awake seeds, so its pretty easy to get, but it will need good amount of pots and time to get to that point .

OOoor, making some kind of taxed teleport to the new Chaos Islands, so no tons of new chunks generated + happy players than can pay and tp to chaotic instantly.

I’m actually pretty pleased with how the quest turned out and the effort required to complete it(speaking of chaos shard) and if it were to change I would either up the chaos shard rewarded or lower the amount of items required for the task, but not change the core items in itself.

I would not want to turn it into something like a truckload of awakened draconium, because that can so easily be scaled up and it would devalue the chaos shard, which with my initial comment was my main goal not to do.

As for the normal heart, I don’t mind that killing the dragon normally would be seen as easie or better. That quest is merely there as a convinience for those that don’t want to deal with fighting a dragon on a multiplayer server. And I don’t think that craft is especially unreasonable :) and luckily, the point of it is to only complete it once, maybe twice. Compared to the chaos shards.

I do like the idea of offering instant teleport to chaos dragon locations and it’s something that’s crossed my mind already— but that would require a custom plugins to support. And while I will bring it forward to Bruny about developing, I do think he has other priorities.

• 1 month later...

I have related issue - cannot obtail "Dragon Scale" from Mystical Agradditions.

I kill dragons several times, have >20 hearts, but non of these Scales.

Dragon drops some "Dragon Scale" from Tinkers Construct mod, that may be the source of problem. But these scales are not compatible in crafting recipes.

As a solution - maybe add them to spawn shop?

BTW about not dropping Dragon Hearts - have same problem, periodically. I guess server global entity limit (or similar option) cought affect this. Because when dragon not dropping hearts, it not dropping any other loot too. Also, vanilla spawners not spawning any mobs. After some time or after restart - everything returns to normal.