Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

PVP Tournament ideas/rules

I'm hoping to start maybe doing a bracket style pvp tournament on the one day off I have along with other events folks might make. This post tho is for folks who would like to join in on a pvp tourney and what rules we should have, arena styles we should have to help with the first part, and any items we should make sure folks aren't using in regular tourneys. If we do later on specialized tourneys like underwater or a focus on parkour for examples then we might allow something that wouldn't be in a regular tourney.

2nd what kinda categories we should have. I don't expect there to be tons of folks wanting in, but example would be like iron category for those wearing iron only, with others up to and potentially including those with fully geared dragon/golem.  I'm not gonna necessarily host every category sameday. What we might do is see whose on at the time and go with the weight categories appropriate for that time also we might even do like my timewise an early tournement and a lateday tourney to help let folks that can't make one time maybe make the other.

I'm hoping we can have our first rounds by either mid or late this month.

The main reason for something like the iron category is not just for newer players but those who may not hardly ever pvp at all. To help get them a bit interested especially if the stuff they are risking is something easily replaceable like iron, unechanted armor's, etc.

2 hours ago, Insomniac_1950 said:

If there is a tourney, atomic deconstructor and any other 1 shot things shouldn't be allowed.

Yea me and wargod have already started some preliminary talks. He's working on an arena atm. We pretty much agree that atomic and nunchukus are too op for the majority of the brackets which atm i think the first couple of brackets we come up with shouldn't allow enchants anyway.

We may allow them in a special bracket like i mentioned above where something thats normally not allowed would be. Other reason on the nunchukus is that if they were allowed that would be almost the only item we would see everyone use and I would like to see people using a wider range of weapons.

46 minutes ago, SadN0x said:

vanilla 1.8 pvp tournament when?

Yea i guess you could say the first 2 tiers of this will be more vanilla than rlcraft but think tier 3 would be dragon/sea serpent/golem tier. Anything after that would fall into the special tiers and i'll wait to put effort into those after i see how to first couple of tourneys go.

44 minutes ago, SadN0x said:

am i allowed to use door eternal? or my cake?

Lol these abominations are not allowed!!!! Maybe the rule for this is no staff generated weapons/items/armors/misc items of death/doom/destruction! XD

1. give everyone in the event heat resistance, cold resistance, saturation and the equivalent of saturation but for water (idk how its called or if it atleast exists) so people wont get damaged from those sources of damage.

2. more types of tournaments 1v1's, 1v1v1's, 1v1v1v1's, free for all, and maybe team tournament 2v2  or something but theres a lack of players so this isnt a pretty realistic idea.

3.better door opening system

4. better spectator area maybe on top of the arena with glass/barriers for better view

1 hour ago, 0ff2set said:

1. give everyone in the event heat resistance, cold resistance, saturation and the equivalent of saturation but for water (idk how its called or if it atleast exists) so people wont get damaged from those sources of damage.

2. more types of tournaments 1v1's, 1v1v1's, 1v1v1v1's, free for all, and maybe team tournament 2v2  or something but theres a lack of players so this isnt a pretty realistic idea.

3.better door opening system

4. better spectator area maybe on top of the arena with glass/barriers for better view

Yea i didn't have alot of time to go over the arena and i figured anything we didn't think of right off would become apparent once we did the first tourney as this was part of a series of tests before we start allowing more things into the fray like enchants etc. 

Current improvemens atm is all glass was switched to barriers for a better view. There may be a ceiling viewing area for next time as well. We will probably setup a room for spectators to be able to waystone there way in. 

We definitly are going to be setting up the doors to a redstone system so we can push a button or flip a switch and they open long enough for people to get out and start fighting.

We will probably continue the 1v1 bracket system for a bit longer but I do like the idea of 3 ways, 4 ways, (especially if we start having alot more consistent interest) and even potential battle royales/king of the hill battles. 

What did you think of the prizes for the first tourney. Did they seem pretty good for the level of play we went with? 

Also if you have any other ideas by all means share'm. The goal atm is for each tourneyment to be a test for the next tournament a mix between what we need available like u pointed out the heat/cold resist, any new rules we need, and etc. Next week we will probably gear up for the diamond tier tournament and get prizes etc setup for it. We will probably use the same arena but with improvements.