Direwolf20 1.19 Immersive Engineering Excavator Veins

I've got another one, IE seems to have a few problems. This one relates to the excavator, which mines imaginary mineral veins generated in each chunks. On the Direwolf20 1.19 server, when I take core  samples, they always show no minerals present, and the Excavator likewise produces nothing.

Is this feature turned off, or simply not working? Or have I simply missed something?

On a more amusing note, when I right-click with handheld items (eg food), they sometimes are replaced temporarily by a duplicate image of my shield, but it's pretty harmless.

Are we talking about the same server here? I'm in the Direwolf 1.19 server, and so far,  I've made the survey tools, and found no traces of any mineral vein in the overworld, having tried dozens of locations in a number of areas. Same result in the Mining Dimension. However, I find veins easily in the Nether. Will try the Twilight Forest next.

• 1 month later...

OK so there have been  a few more twists. I was able to use the Excavator in the Nether, where the mineral veins were working normally, until one day all the veins disappeared. All the locations where I located mineral veins now said no minerals were present, just like in the Overworld. However, when the Nether was reset yesterday, the mineral veins re-appeared. I can once again locate them.

So it looks like there's some server bug that empties all the veins or something,  and the reset in the Nether brings them back (The End also gets reset, but wouldn't have veins in the first place). The other possibility would be that the mineral veins were all mined remotely, but I don't know of any machine (or command) that could do this.