Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

OK Server breaks when I log in

Every time I log  in I cause a server restart. I happens during the loading terrain phase of the loading screen. At first I was able to log in, but server crashed whenever I moved. I teleported to spawn, and this seemed to solve the problem, I was able  to  travel a fair distance south without problems. Once I got near my base, the server crashed again. Now I cause a restart every time I log in. I suspect something in  my base is the problem, but it must be something new. I built one or two things from the Pneumaticraft mod yesterday. If they're somehow causing the problem, they took some time to do so.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Update: The problem  appears to have gone away now. I don't know why. One small thing has changed in my base - one of my LV wires has burnt out, not unusual, those wires have a current limit, which I must have exceeded. Why it didn't do so earlier, and whether this is related to the server crashing, are both unknown to me. But  it seemed like the server  was only crashing when only part of my base was chunkloaded. I encountered something similar elsewhere on the map, but I never found out when was there, I now avoid that area.

Let's hope that  problem doesn't come back.

OK the problem is back. I think the Heat Frame semiblock (or associated heat mechanic) from the Pneumaticraft Repressurized mod may be the cause. I've been using one to produce ice, at the time of my first reply the bucket that feeds it was gone. Once I replace the bucket and the cold frame started working again, the crashing started again. Since my Heat Frame setup was only built yesterday, this would explain why the problem is now.

If I can get back in again. I'll attempt to remove the heat frame, and hope this fixes the problem. If I can't, is there a way to remove a block type remotely?

I can't get in to obtain exact coordinates (obviously). Fortunately I took a few screenshots of my base at times, and I've used them to figure it out (hopefully). So I think it's located at 80, 139, 648. (It could be 649 on the z coordinate, not exactly sure)

I know there are other ways to make ice. I'll get on it once I'm not destroying the server. My apologies to the other players affected.

The problem's gone now, I don't understand why. I still suspect the heat frame, which is still there, but hard to be sure. However, one of my floodlights has been replaced by a block of obsidian.  Was that you Veber?

It's interesting that another player has described the same problem, although he blames the Shape Builder, which I wasn't using.

OK I was wrong. The server's crashing again. It's not the heat frame. It got to be the Floodlights (from Immersive Engineering). The problem is reduced when they're unpowered, but it's still crashing the server if I approach my base on foot.

I'll see if I can get back in and remove the offending block. Know any other blocks that are good for lighting a large area?

Sorry for the spam but given the severity of the problem, thought you might want to know the exact cause.

Ok. I'm back in the server.  My original theory was right I think. I've removed the Heat Frame, and so far, so good. I've discovered  it "makes" one more block of ice after the bucket is removed, so was still going when I thought it wasn't. I've no idea why one of my floodlights became obsidian. Hopefully that's unrelated.