In this short tutorial I will show you how you can obtain ‘Compressed Steel’.

DO NOT attempt to make a blast furnace to get Steel Ingot, the Railcraft blast furnace DOES NOT work with Sponge servers.

We will need a Compressor or an Electric Compressor from Galactic Craft, the latter being faster. The cheapest option is the Compressor, which is shown below.

For tutorial purposes I will use an Electrical Compressor, this requires an EU setup. Please note you will need a fuel source, such as Coal/Charcoal, to operate the normal Compressor. I recommend Charcoal as this is cheaper (32 EMC vs 128 EMC) and it has the same energy value.

image.png?ex=657da6f7&is=656b31f7&hm=9ac

The screenshot below illustrates our goal.

image.png?ex=657da727&is=656b3227&hm=c71

Step 1: Make Compressed Iron. See recipe below:

image.png?ex=657da740&is=656b3240&hm=277

Step 2: Add two Coal (this has to be regular coal!) to the Compressed Iron. See recipe below:

image.png?ex=657da77e&is=656b327e&hm=c13

You have now made Compressed Steel. Happy rocket building.

image.png?ex=657da78f&is=656b328f&hm=139

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 7:06 PM, Nieeek said:

In this short tutorial I will show you how you can obtain ‘Compressed Steel’.

DO NOT attempt to make a blast furnace to get Steel Ingot, the Railcraft blast furnace DOES NOT work with Sponge servers.

We will need a Compressor or an Electric Compressor from Galactic Craft, the latter being faster. The cheapest option is the Compressor, which is shown below.

For tutorial purposes I will use an Electrical Compressor, this requires an EU setup. Please note you will need a fuel source, such as Coal/Charcoal, to operate the normal Compressor. I recommend Charcoal as this is cheaper (32 EMC vs 128 EMC) and it has the same energy value.

image.png?ex=657da6f7&is=656b31f7&hm=9ac

The screenshot below illustrates our goal.

image.png?ex=657da727&is=656b3227&hm=c71

Step 1: Make Compressed Iron. See recipe below:

image.png?ex=657da740&is=656b3240&hm=277

Step 2: Add two Coal (this has to be regular coal!) to the Compressed Iron. See recipe below:

image.png?ex=657da77e&is=656b327e&hm=c13

You have now made Compressed Steel. Happy rocket building.

image.png?ex=657da78f&is=656b328f&hm=139

Wow, thanks for sharing it with us. You have explained it very well and it is worth reading all. I appreciate you for your time.