Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Is there a way to build a mobfarm in the Modpack, from what I can see normal mob spawns are disabled, for animaly as well, so I wanted to ask just to make sure, are mobs disabled and if not how to build a mobfarm so that mobs will actually spawn?

Hi Easy,

First of all, any type of mob/animal spawn have not been turned off at any given time. You need to follow minecrafts game-logic to make it work in a cave though. For most mob/animals you need a place for them to spawn and then stay ~20-24 blocks away from it. While animals need light and a grass patch aswell. You can see more about this by reading minecrafts original wiki on entity spawning.

Moreover there is lots of ways to create modded mob spawners in SB3. Lets take the vanilla example first; Mob spawners from the caves that you find can be "mined" using a cardboard box from mekanism. Then just take that cardboard box to your base and shift+rclick (iirc) and you have a spawner in your base.

The modded version would be to for example use the Soulcage mod which is pretty popular as it works like a normal spawner but has increased spawntime and spawn amount. There is also RfTools, Industrial Foregoing and probably a few im forgetting. But i do recommend watching/reading some sort of tutorial/guide on how they work if you're new.

For killing them there is lots of ways, but they mostly include the same mods as the ones you're using to spawn them with. Although the Soulcage mod is an exeption here.. I would however recommend looking at Mob Grinding Utils and its "Mob Masher". Great way to both kill them but also boost the amount of loot you gather. This is not to say that there isnt other ways around this aswell.

Hope this helped a bit :D