Direwolf 1.19 Trains!

That's right! Who needs Waystones? The Create mod has trains! Not faster minecarts, actual trains, that you can build. It takes a bit of effort to make them look good (framed blocks are your friend), but once I found out about them, of course I had no choice but to build a railway.

Sadly I can only upload one image (anyone know how to make these screenshots smaller?) but I've done a railway from my base to near spawn, with a station each end, and a train with 4 passenger seats. One of the seats is occupied by a bee though. I'm also made a second train for trackwork - it has a roller on the back wagon.

Anyway, there's a bit of work involved, but these bigger trains are an awesome way to connect bases, they're surprisingly fast, and can be automated by putting a mob in the drivers seat (with a schedule). A production line to make the track is essential, preferably connected to an auto-crafting pattern. I built this stuff in the Direwolf 1.19 server, but the Create mod is in most of the newer packs.

Now I need to make some friends, so I can build a railway to their bases :)

Edit: Thought I'd change up the picture - I can only upload one at a time.