Editing Rule 11

Cajun_Turk

After recent events on DireWolf20, it has come to my attention that Rule 11, Magic Abuse, is quite vague and can be interpreted in various ways. As Rule 11 states, Includes throwing block changing potions on claimed territory. Includes spells that can be cast from any of the magic mods. Includes items that can cause unfair havoc or destruction. Includes using items/spells/potions for malicious intent, isn't specific enough to have a clear meaning. An example of misinterpretation is, When Yamo2000 drank somebody's  blood without consent, and with the current standing of the rules it seems pretty legal. Drinking blood as a vampire is a necessity, and drinking someone else's blood is normal. However, according to the upper staff, it is not legal in any sort of way, and that came to me as a shock. Yamo didn't drink blood out of malice or even causing unfair havoc; he was doing what he had to. So, I thought to myself where in the rules does it say you can't drink blood without consent, and the only thing close enough to that is, Includes using items/spells/potions for malicious intent, which still didn't fit into drinking blood that much. There is no malicious intent in drinking someone else's blood. If it damages someone, it could be considered pvp at that point and not magic abuse. Other than that removing blood from somebody doesn't really harm them. Then getting into the technicality of stuff, drinking blood is an ability, not an item, spell, or a potion, thus it's not breaking the rules. However, this problem doesn't just apply to vampires from witchery, it applies to werewolves as well. 

A level 10 werewolf can spread a curse through damaging a player to near death, and in a pvp match, they can turn people in the midst of the fighting. When people get turned by the level 10 werewolf, it's not out of malice it's just an accident that happened while doing a pvp battle, and from what staff told me that is magic abuse. I read the rules 3 times weekly, and I could not see how turning someone in a pvp match is considered magic abuse if it was just a mistake, but somehow it is. The wording of the rule makes it seem like using taglocks and turning them into a ritual is magic abuse, not turning someone by accident in a pvp match. Some might say its not a big deal if you reveal that you are a werewolf, and it somewhat is. From my experience, people are repelled by werewolves and usually won't pvp with them one bit. So revealing that you are a werewolf, can ruin tactical advantages and turn away people who might want to pvp with you.

I know this is witchery specific, but a lot of people now are using that mod, so I find it somewhat of a relevant problem here on the DireWolf20 server. Some of the vamps and werewolves I've asked agreed with me in the rewording or change in the magic abuse rules. In general, I think that the rules should be changed to either include turning people into werewolves and drinking blood without consent, or just get rid of it as a whole because it's just too vague for any witchery user out there. Even some magic abuser could claim it's not with malicious intent, and it very well could be, but it's impossible to know the person's trait of though at that point. I highly doubt any vamp would drink someone else's blood with malice or even intent of harming them. It's like restricting someone's diet vegan to vegan because meat was once living. It's an irrational concept humans need meat just like vamps need blood. So I humbly request that there could be some changes to Rule 11, Magic Abuse, to either include the restriction of drinking blood and turning people into werewolves in a pvp match by accident or just get rid of those two things which are considered magic abuse. I'm willing to take any suggestions and additions to this vague Magic Abuse rule that can be interpreted in various ways. Edit: A simple change such as changing Malice to consent and add abilities to the list would be nice to have for future vamps and werewolves

I 100% agree with you, maybe get a community cure center for when it happens. And insta punish when it was  accident isn't fair in my honest opinion. I'd love that rule to be change as I am a level 10 werewolf

*edit cant get old ftb staff tag removed...soz

Skilande_: I removed it, don't worry about it.

Archived