The Wall and Rule 20

JJWomble

In-Game Nickname: Archmestro, rurede94

Time and date:Oct 12 18

Description of what happened: The Wall

The town extends from just south of spawn all the way to the eastern border of the map in a single line with the out perms set to none.  It may not be specifically against the rules but it does break rule 20 use common sense.  If the perms were set to allow to enter and players could get to the other side of the wall (which is 1/4 of the map by the way) to build I could see it being legal.  As a former GM I know would have shut this crap down hard.

59 minutes ago, JJWomble said:

In-Game Nickname: Archmestro, rurede94

Time and date:Oct 12 18

Description of what happened: The Wall

The town extends from just south of spawn all the way to the eastern border of the map in a single line with the out perms set to none.  It may not be specifically against the rules but it does break rule 20 use common sense.  If the perms were set to allow to enter and players could get to the other side of the wall (which is 1/4 of the map by the way) to build I could see it being legal.  As a former GM I know would have shut this crap down hard.

I am confused to why it would have been shut down, yes its allot of land, but random teleport, and i dont see it breaking any rules EDIT Also I remember fairly recently a complaint being made about the same topic. this has already been settled?

The town TheWall has been deleted. This town had rurede94 and a few ALTs of his. At first I left this town alone as it didn't expand as far as it did however, there is no need to expend the town claims to hundreds of chunks in a single line. This (as JJWomble mentioned) prohibits people from crossing the map and making their own towns. Yes there is random teleport but there is still no need for this town to exist, it's quite pointless as it serves no purpose. It would also prevent exploration and it just causes needless problems.

If you want a town to prevent people from going near your town then claim around yours, I don't see a point in the straight line.

I also removed the claims from The_Wall that also extended outwards and claimed the gaps inside claim that was left from the deletion of TheWall.

Archived