[unban] [HPLaptop]

HPLaptop

[1] In-Game Username:

HPLaptop
[2] Details of Situation:

Story time, this post is quite similar to the complaint I have subsequently filed against DragonSlayer.  So as you may very well know someone created a mystcraft portal linked to spawn and was auto dropping keys into it, I decided hey why not pick some up and use them, shortly after I get some DragonSlayer gets on and gives this singular warning, 

2019-09-07 23:37:33 [CLIENT] [INFO] [CHAT] [G] <Star> [V][Mod] DragonSlayer: stop picking them up

After that I soon went away and started flying off in the wild because nothing seemed to really be happening. I then was like hey i'll just open a few that'll be fine. They never said I couldn't use what I had. So then I started to open them and about 8 in I get banned for 2 days. There was no warning besides the quote above. Dragon had not given any indication that I was going to be banned and along with that he banned another player who was given no warning (Lukasd30720). Many other players in the chat then berated Dragon for this overstep. 

[3] Ban Category:

Rule 2: Duped items

[4] Ban Duration:

2 days

[5] Staff Member:

DragonSlayer

[6] ScreenShots:

pastebin of log

[7] Your Reason:

I was not warned of this directly and arguably not even indirectly. Many other players spoke out in outrage for this overstep. I believe I may have been in violation of Rule 2 but without any real warning I do not think a ban was necessary. I really enjoy the server and it is a fun way for me to play with my friends and reconnect with a game I love, I don't want part of my time on the server to be tarnished by such a blatant false ban. Despite the fact I may have violated the rule a warn would ordinarily be the action taken not to mention be also banned another player in this mess. I believe that because of insufficient warning and his cockiness after the fact displaying that he legitimately believed that he had taken the proper steps to warn us should be evidence enough that I should be unbanned. I understand it's only for 2 days but I expect more out of this staff team, I've played on your servers for years now.

Yes, I didn't completely give a verbal warning and I'm sorry for that, however it was implied you shouldn't be opening keys.  The biggest indicator was that to get into the crates, you would have had to gone through the wall that I made.  Along with this, its implied that you shouldn't open duped keys, I'd assumed this was warning enough.

unknown.png

Here you can also see that Lukas asks if spawn is open now, and obviously it wasn't.  He couldn't get into the box I made either, and you then proceeded to tp him in.

14 hours ago, HPLaptop said:

I then was like hey i'll just open a few that'll be fine.

If it was fine, the crates wouldn't be blocked off, and you'd see the chat being spammed with people opening them.

It makes very little sense for it to be implied, the crate area was not entirely walled off and it was easy to get in. Secondly, you are implying that I like phased in through the wall which makes zero sense. Lastly, I don't mean to be rude but are you dense, I opened 8 keys I think (which was all of 19 seconds if I counted correctly). Not to mention after this event DragonLady got on and multiple other people opened keys. They were only warned, not banned. This is unfair treatment not to mention invalid procedure on your part DragonSlayer. 

Edit: Also just to mention in the ban reason you had said that I was warned (I wasn't) 

"Rule 2 - First Offense - Using legendary keys that have been duped and warned."

19 hours ago, HPLaptop said:

It makes very little sense for it to be implied, the crate area was not entirely walled off and it was easy to get in.

Considering the only way through the wall was by enderpearling, I'd say it was pretty much entirely walled off.

19 hours ago, HPLaptop said:

Lastly, I don't mean to be rude but are you dense, I opened 8 keys I think (which was all of 19 seconds if I counted correctly). Not to mention after this event DragonLady got on and multiple other people opened keys. They were only warned, not banned.

The reason that he wasn't banned was because:
1. There was no wall as a deterent. (The crates were fully open)

2. It was a newer player who didn't seem to fully comprehend what was happening.  Prior to your ban we've been talking about the duped keys.
3. Finally considering you weren't opening the keys before, and decided to started opening them when I seemed to leave (In vanish).

Finally, in my view its common sense not to use duped items, however along with the other things that should have been put forth as a warning not to use them I feel that the ban was justified.

Archived