Miniaturization Field Generator recipe failing

The recipe to create item Tunnel from Compact Machines 3 (compact machine block, hopper on top, 8 redstone around it...throw in a redstone) fails.  The Generators, when set up properly, will say the recipe is valid.  However, when throwing the catalyst in (redstone), the black smoke particles appear, but the machine does not buzz and the multiblock does not begin shrinking. (additionally the generators show no progress and "invalid recipe" immediately)  Instead, all materials are lost AND, more importantly, the middle block of the field becomes PERMENANTLY unusable.  I am talking a world block that, forever, cannot have any other block placed in it, and when you walk through it, you are pushed slightly aside as though there is an invisible barrier there.  MY island has at least 2 now, and I made about a half dozen in OW during testing.

This was duplicated on island and in OW, claimed and unclaimed land.  Note that when I shifted to SP local instance in the same pack load, it worked fine, so this is an issue against the server.

I have lost the following materials and would like them reimbursed if possible, but more importantly this breaks Compact Machines 3 mod as, without a tunnel, you cant get anything in or out of a room, rendering the mod useless.

12 IRON BLOCKS, 1 stack REDSTONE DUST, 10 HOPPERS, 10 COMPACT MACHINE BLOCKS

EDIT: Confirmed using another player that this one recipe fails.  A similar recipe (redstone tunnel) works fine.

• 2 weeks later...