[QUEST] Bottle of Mead/ Iron Wine/ Cider/ Ale cannot be completed

mightynight

In exploration tab, there are 4 quests that require you to brew 4 alcoholic beverages: Bottle of Mead, Iron Wine, Cider and Ale. I have brewed several bottles with varying qualities but the tasks are still not completed. These alcohols have a quality trait that varies from 0 to 1. I suspect this trait causes the quest book to not recognize the alcohols. I tried to complete this task in single player by getting the alcohols from creative mode and it worked. 

Found the cause of problem: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/roguelike-adventures-and-dungeons/issues/289

The alcohol obtained from creative mode is 0.75 quality hence we need to brew exactly 0.75 quality of alcohol to complete the task. This is very likely an unintentional behaviour. I am not sure whether a fix is required.

Update: After many tries, I finally obtained all four 0.75 alcohols. This thread can be closed.

Archived