Troll with operator abilities? Shooting players off their islands, islands got deleted???, invisible, banned me

skynightriver

Title: [Troll with operator abilities? Shooting players off their islands, islands got deleted???, invisible, banned me] (Player Name)

In-Game Nickname: skynightriver
Your username (Optional): skynightriver
Time and Date: 4/5/20 7:30pm ish 
Description of what happened: I was playing on the server for the first time in several months and I left for an hour to eat. When I returned someone said in the chat "This guy is invisible and shooting everyone off of their islands". I ignored it at first, thinking the person would be caught. A few minutes passed and I was knocked off of my island with an arrow. Everyone in the chat was complaining about their items being locked in the graves at y= 0. This happened to me too, but I figured it would resolve itself so I decided to stay online. The troll then turned off commands (/help, /home, /tp, /spawn) and continued knocking us off our islands. When I mean turned off commands, I mean we would type commands in and they would say "you do not have permission to use that command".

At this point me and others became frustrated with the situation and were expressing this in the chat with things like "just stop it already" "I died again?" or similar things, I don't remember exactly. Our islands then got deleted, and I told everyone I was writing onto the forum in the chat  (there weren't a lot of people on, it was 7:30 pm for me, but I live in Hawaii where the timezone is very different). I asked them if they would be ok with me listing their usernames on here as witnesses. That was a mistake, I then got kicked off the server and now I have been banned? I figured the witnesses would want to know before I disclosed their usernames on here... 

I remember someone saying that they were talking to the discord. I regret saying I was posting to the server, maybe thats why I got banned by the invisible player who appeared to have moderator privileges. This is however very upsetting to me, because I was just starting my new island after a long break from minecraft and now my island (and everyone else's) got wiped, and I'm banned? for speaking up against a troll?

I would like to be unbanned(as I have not done anything wrong) and hope the problem is resolved soon. It sounds like the server got hacked to me. I'm not really sure what just happened. Very frustrating.

Screenshots or Proof: didn't get any good proof, I was trying to frantically fill this out and also communicate with the other victims on the server... Here's what the ban message said https://imgur.com/a/duZojpC
List of eyewitnesses: I did not have time to write anything down because I was banned after asking everyone for their consent to be listed witnesses.  

• Founder

You guys should be unbanned now, someone used some sort of a hack to gain full perms on the server. We had to do a rollback to undo all damage, if you lost anything please let us know and we will try to refund your loss. We also did some updates with improvements to our anti-hacks system to try to prevent it in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • villjo locked this topic

Archived