Unban Tjmack99

thnacj88

[1] In-Game Username:

Tjmack99

[2] Details of Situation:

Reverser banned me for shooting a pig in someone else's claim because I didn't really think that killing a random spawn pig was a big deal. I was flying around somebodies base and talking when I, out of boredom, shot at a pig and didn't even get told what I was being banned for before the hammer came. I understand that a lot of people have a problem with me but giving out 7 day bans for shooting a pig and then after the fact saying "He's been often accused of bypassing pvp protection" seems a bit like your punishing me for a crime I didn't even commit. If it was really such a huge offence that I ended up killing someone else's pig from outside of the claim with a draconic bow then you could of at least said something regarding the reasoning as to why I was about to be banned. And if it was really just the problem of me killing the pig it wouldn't be hard to replace a random spawn pig. But just asking me to explain what just happened is like asking someone to incriminate themselves. If you have any questions I would be more than willing to explain my logic and reasoning but just expecting me to know exactly what you want me to explain is just plain stupid. I understand this is a minecraft server and not a real world situation but I don't understand why you would advertise as a pvp enabled and grief allowed server and then when people grief or pvp you ride them for everything they do. This ban also comes after multiple hours of mods and admins following me around, checking everything I do. If this is really the worst thing you found me doing, am I really as big of a "problem" as you think I am? And don't say I wasn't being watched because I caught Owf on my person 2 different times within a hour, and that's just what I caught.

[3] Ban Category:

Rule 8: Claim Protection Bypass

[4] Ban Duration:

7 Days

[5] Staff Member:

Reverser

[6] ScreenShots:

https://imgur.com/a/zMEwEz8

[7] Your Reason:

I understand a warning or even a day ban and I would of never done anything like this again, but 7 day ban is just shooting a dead horse. Unnecessary overkill.

First of all, how did you even notice that Owfbas was looking out for you? Unlucky for you, you didn't notice that I was also there all the time.

12 hours ago, thnacj88 said:

I was flying around somebodies base and talking when I, out of boredom, shot at a pig

You conveniently forgot to mention that you were actively griefing said base. You were trying to grief the entire base, but when you noticed that parts of it were claimed, you tried to grief it using your draconic staff. When that didn't work you gave up and just griefed everything around the base.
In the end, you weren't content with not doing any damage to the claim itself and so you decided to kill the mobs on the claim.
If we take a look at rule 8:

On 5/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, Henk said:

[8] No Griefing Any Protected Territory:

• 1st offense = 7 days ban.
  • 2nd offense = 14 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 28 days ban.
  • 4th offense = 60 days ban.

Includes everything that changes the environment of claimed land. Includes any block, item, action, liquid, that can bypass protection. Includes Griefing of own Town if other members did not agree and worked hard. Griefing spawn is a permanent ban.

Make note of the Includes everything that changes the environment of claimed land. Includes any block, item, action, liquid, that can bypass protection.
This includes killing mobs by shooting them from outside of the claim.
Here's the video:

Regarding the accusations of you bypassing claim protection to kill players. When we inspected your inventory, we found two invisibility items in your ender pouch (a cloak and a ring) alongside a lot of different weapons that could match the descriptions given by the accusers. You also have a history of tracking and killing players in public spaces such as the end.
This alone is not enough to prove that you did sneak into bases and kill players by bypassing claim protection. But combined with the actions that got you banned make for compelling character evidence that suggests that you're someone who would definitely do that.

Make no mistake, you were not banned for pvp scamming since we don't have hard evidence for it. I only mentioned that to contrast your statement "out of boredom, shot at a pig".
If you want to say anything other than "the rules are too harsh", please reply to this post, otherwise I'll consider this as closed.

Lol it is not hard to do /near and see that OwfBas was 0 blocks away from me no matter where I went and also you should tell him that TPing to me while I'm in my base, WITHOUT vanish on is a pretty big give away. I saw him with my own two eyes. And I like that we have one person being judge, jury, and executioner on my case. This is gonna go well but lets break down your lies in this last post. 

1) "You conveniently forgot to mention that you were actively griefing said base." - Did not realize that I had to include details that don't break any rules. While I also was eating coleslaw burgers and I think I was listening to music also so you might wanna bring up those irrelevant facts too. If you say your allowed to grief when its not claimed and then ride my ass for griefing non-claimed blocks, I think it is you with the misunderstanding, not me. 

2) "You were trying to grief the entire base, but when you noticed that parts of it were claimed, you tried to grief it using your draconic staff." - Lets just start off by saying I'm not a 12 year old that thinks my draconic staff is gonna bypass protection, I knew exactly what I was doing and that it didn't break any rules. I did NOT try to grief any claimed territory, I simply got rid of unclaimed stuff, like is allowed. And if you didn't realize, the draconic staff is also a really fast multi-tool so I use it as my regular pickaxe. You make it sound like I had this as a backup to try and grief the claimed blocks, which is simply false.

3) "When that didn't work you gave up and just griefed everything around the base." - If you were actually following me you would of noticed that I came up on this base and explored it without destroying a single block for a good 5 minutes. Then after noticing who it was claimed by and over 25% of the base was missing claims, I went to work. Yet again, your turning your words to make it sound like I came with the intention to bypass grief protection and that is not the case. 

- This is why we have one person in the real world be the Judge, Jury, and Executioner. It works very well for weeding out the truth of the matter. Oh... Wait.... Did I mix that up with never hear anything but what that one person wants the world to hear? cause they can make up bullshit reasons to ban people and then make them never be heard from again?

4) "In the end, you weren't content with not doing any damage to the claim itself and so you decided to kill the mobs on the claim." - Yet again, why don't you just say that I shot a pig inside the claim and that was why I was banned. Are you a mind reader and can tell what my intention was? or are you just putting words in my mouth about what I was doing because it makes your argument sound more solid? Because my intention was not to do damage inside the claim, I already did more than enough outside of it. I was literally done and flying around not even touching the base anymore when I shot a pig. Like I said, out of boredom. If you wanna say that I had intention to do damage inside the claim, then post a SS of your Mind Reading Certificate and I'll retract my statement. 

5) "Regarding the accusations of you bypassing claim protection to kill players. When we inspected your inventory, we found two invisibility items in your ender pouch (a cloak and a ring) alongside a lot of different weapons that could match the descriptions given by the accusers. You also have a history of tracking and killing players in public spaces such as the end." - So there it is. The real reason I was banned. Because you found items that you guys DO NOT have banned in game and that I made so I can, ya know, play the game how it was intended. If you really wanna start handing out bans for me having items in my ender pouch that are not banned and you just personally have a problem with then let me know now and you won't see me here ever again. I'll also have you notice that the invisibility ring isn't even mine and came from killing another player. And for the other items "matching description given by the accusers." You wanna go around and start banning anybody with items that match the description with a 7 day ban like you did me? or just me because you have a vendetta? Also since were banning people off of accusations I think we should ban anybody that has a draconic staff or bow because I witnessed every single person with one bypass claim protection. It 100% happened because I said so. Please take action ASAP.

6) "You also have a history of tracking and killing players in public spaces such as the end." - Ya know reverser, this one I'm gonna leave for you. You wanna tell me what exact rule I was violating here because if I seem to remember pvp is allowed and turned on. Also, I wouldn't take kids word for what I'm doing. Going to the end to kill people when they are talking in global chat about being in the end to "Protect the new people from TJ" wouldn't exactly fall under me having a "History of tracking and killing players." Maybe you should listen to more than one side of a story before taking sides? IDK, just a personal opinion. 

7) "This alone is not enough to prove that you did sneak into bases and kill players by bypassing claim protection. But combined with the actions that got you banned make for compelling character evidence that suggests that you're someone who would definitely do that." - And don't forget about the cherry on the cake. Where do I start? With you admitting you don't have evidence to ban me for sneaking into bases and killing players? With you drawing connections from me, killing a pig while standing outside of a claim and shooting in, to somebody going around full invisible and doing massive amounts of damage while standing INSIDE their claim. Or maybe I start with the fact that now your telling me I seem like someone who would do that. Well if over the course of building my base, upgrading my ME system, farming ender/chaos dragons, and just general doing nothingness, I happened to shoot someones random spawn pig in their claim. I don't think I'm giving you as much evidence that I'm the suspected grief protection bypasser as you make it seem with your words. If you wanna spend your hours upon hours (and yes, I know you were watching me for a couple hours) watching me play your server, at least lose the bias towards me given to you from other players and you can document my every movement all you want. (Like you already did lol)

Yet again, I mention I don't expect anything to change because Reverser doesn't seem like the type to be able to admit when he's wrong or has a bias and we all know he is going to close this thread after this so, I guess see ya in 6 days. :D 

FYI, I was joking when I said it is good to have one person as Judge, Jury, and Executioner. It's fucking horrible. Thought I would explain because I don't wanna take for granted you understand sarcasm. :) 

I took this discussion to discord dms because I didn't want this thread to become a huge wall of text.
Let's address these points here then:

Literally admitting that he convinced himself of false accusations with no proof and therefore wanted to make me seem more malicious that I really was...

How could I, when looking at the circumstantial evidence, not be convinced that those accusations are true? Since I can't read your thoughts, I described what I thought your intentions were. According to yourself, this grief was done with malicious intent, rather than just being something you did because you were bored (Then after noticing who it was claimed by and over 25% of the base was missing claims, I went to work.). You're admitting to only griefing it because it belonged to someone you want to damage.

you shouldn't be the judge, jury, and executioner

Yes. If you want to compare this situation to real life (like you seem to be doing quite a bit) it goes like this: There are rules on this server, staff enforce these rules by, for example, banning people who break them. Then when someone appeals such a decision, the case is layed out and someone else makes a final decision.
It's important to keep in mind that this is a minecraft server and not a real life court. When you initially argued that your ban was blown out proportions, you're basically arguing that the rules are unfair. Because the rules are the rules and because they define what the punishment for an offence is, that argument doesn't hold any water. After I layed out my side of the argument, I was going to close this request because you didn't have any valid arguments.
Since you now are arguing that I am biased, we'll have this topic reviewed by someone else.

Cause I'm sure if it were anybody else you would of done the exact same thing... Blaming not coming forward to confront me on what you thought was wrong on being tired and wanting to go to bed seems kinda like a excuse to me.

When we catch someone breaking the rules, we don't confront them about it because they're obviously just going to deny everything. This doesn't apply to every rule, for example if someone is talking in a foreign language in the global chat, we tell them to not do that before we officially hand them a warning. This exception does not apply to rule 8, as such me being tired and wanting to go to bed does not change the fact that I don't need to talk to you about your offence before I ban you.

Then why did you need to bring it up at all? to prove your point that im such a "terrible" person and what you did was justified without needing any actual evidence or logic. Also, following me for HOURS!

I brought it up because it's a case with a lot of circumstantial evidence that provides a lot of context to the situation. I was watching you because we only had circumstantial evidence and needed hard evidence. This does not change the fact that you broke the rules and were punished for that, the entire pvp situation is only here to provide context. And yes, following someone for hours is something that can happen if there's reason to believe that they are going to break the rules. Since you seem to like real life analogies, consider this:
You are accused of being a serial killer. The police has a lot of circumstantial evidence suggesting that you in fact are, but they don't have any hard evidence. So they decide to silently follow you around in order to catch you when you go to kill someone again. But then instead of killing someone you go ahead and blow a house up.

I'm sure everybody else would pass with flying colours if followed for hours on end by multiple people.

I actually do think so, yes. I don't see a reason why everybody else wouldn't pass with flying colours. There are a lot of things you can do on our server without breaking the rules.

Change the topic real fast there. The main point is THAT YOUR BIASED! and I would of been treated differently if I were anybody else and that's unjustified if ya ask me.

Was I biased? Yes, but so is everybody else (including you). I don't think anyone else being caught doing what you did would have been treated differently.
But since that seems to be the main point of your argument for the unban, I think it's best if someone else decides on this matter. We also agreed on this in our dms, but that is something that for some reason doesn't seem to be included in your screenshots.

Since we already agreed on what should be done next at the end of our chat and since this thread has become long enough already, I'm going to lock it while it is being reviewed.

Griefing is griefing, intentional or not. Killing a player's animal(s) within their claim is classed as griefing, and therefore you was banned.

However, due to this being a minor incident, your sentence has been reduced, and you have now been unbanned. We hope that after this 5 day ban, you cause no further problems on the server.

Have fun playing on our server(s)

~ Management Team

Archived