Stone Generator

Has anyone managed to create a stone generator with the game mechanics?  I tried several different versions but nothing worked and I came up with my own and it works... well relatively decent for a concept.  I was trying to load a picture but it didn't work out size of the screen shot was too big I guess.  Basically I used a 7 x 10 area.  One end has the source water along the edge leading to the edge of the 8th block.  At the edge of this is 5 hoppers leading to a double chest below the surface of the ground.  The opposite end of the water I raised the wall to creat a 7 x 3 section and after ensuring the water is running correctly, I then placed a lava source at the center of that second level wall.  From there I walked over to where I had the double chest and dug one more spot next to it at the 8th block edge of the water.  That edge forms the stone blocks you can mine.

The diagram should look something like this -

First Level View                                              Second Level View (which should be directly above the Hoppers)

|  --   --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  |                               |   --  |
|  H                                        W   |                               |        |
|  H                                        W   |                               |        |
|  H                                        W   |                               |   L   |
|  ch  n   --  --  --  --  --  --  --   |                               |   --  |
   ch  n

" | " and " -- " are blocks of any preference.
H = Hoppers.
ch = Chest(s) (Or as shown in diagram "Double Chest".
n = Lowered opening to stand in.
W = Water source.
L = Lava source.

• 7 months later...