[Sorry, if in wrong place] Mincolonies ground height?

Like it says in the title, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find any more suitable category on the forum.

I'm playing MC Eternal 1.12 on Craftersland, which includes Minecolonies. I've looked at video tutorials, the wiki, their subreddit, and I can't find an answer to a specific Minecolonies question. Their mod community only offer help on their discord, BUT only for 1.16 and up, and their subreddit has banned help questions. So, this is the last place I have to ask.

On newer versions of Mincolonies, you can build at any height variations and it's fine, but on some earlier versions you need to build it on a level plane. But it's unclear if that's true on 1.12 or not? On 1.12 do I need to build my colony at a consistent height level, or can I build in mountains and highlands without worries?