General server problem list

Hello anyone reading this. I've finished the pack, and while it was overall a good experience, man the server has a lot of problems. I'm including my discord post here in case someone wants to fix the server sometime. Honestly I doubt anyone will bother with it, but I feel like I owe it to the server owners to at least list the problems. 

Okay, I finished the pack. In case anyone's wondering in the future, I have some constructive criticism of the server. There are some config mistakes and terrain gen screw ups that seem to have been here, known about, and unfixed for years. The easy ones are flight potions and airtight seal enchants - both are supposed to be easy to get and you're expected to use them, particularly the airtight seal enchant - you're not expected to use the space suit for late game mobs. Unfortunately, both are impossible to get, probably some id conflicts, if I had to guess. As for terrain gen, overworld spawn is completely destroyed, and is likely the reason so many people leave early on. I don't know what happened, but my guess is a mod decided to have fun with drunk worldedit or some equivalent. Either way, it's not usable. The nether is set such that any time a chunk gets unloaded, it resets to its original form. This means you can raid the same ore deposit or dungeon over and over. It also means if you die your grave gets immediately erased(and given the responsiveness of mods, you're not getting it back). The end is supposed to be full of a number of ores, particularly tungstate and scheelite, but the end generated as a void world for some reason, so you can't get those ores. You need to use the infernal deconglomerator, just scale it up and chunkload it for a few days to get enough to get past the end. Basically, if I knew about these problems, I wouldn't have started here; that being said, it's doable with a bit of extra work. You'll also have to deal with basic quality-of-life items being illegal for some reason. On the other hand, I finished the pack and had fun with it. I did lose my items to a glitch once, and while it took several weeks, eventually I got someone's attention, so it is possible.

The server is also set to restart at the tiniest hint of lag. It would consistently restart while still running at 20 tps. More than two people on would usually trigger a restart; even one person exploring would be enough. As mentioned, spawn is totally messed up and visiting there would often trigger a restart. Basically, the restart settings need to be loosened. 

I saw all of these complaints in the discord as far back as the server goes(2 years?), so I'm a little surprised no one fixed them when the server was more active, and I doubt anyone will fix them now, but I wanted to lay them out in one place.

Overall, the server is provided for free, so I can't complain too much...but if you want to lure more people, someone needs to fix it. It may be a bit late for that, though. Anyway, it was a positive experience, if frustrating at times. Good minecrafting, everyone!