FTB Direwolf20 1.12.2 Server time for WIPE? Vote here!

FTB Direwolf20 1.12.2 WIPE  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Time for a server WIPE on FTB Direwolf20 1.12.2 server?

• YES, generate new map seeds and a fresh start for all!
    • NO! WIPE is not needed now.
    • I don't care just show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

logo.png

Hi guys,

So last FTB Direwolf20 1.12.2 server WIPE was on 14 January 2023, that's over 1 year ago. As of all WIPE's all data will get a reset except for ranks, new map seeds will be generated and we will provide a download link of the old map. A WIPE will also reduce lag.

Check the live server map HERE!

Please vote in the pool above and let us know if we should wipe or not.

From the live map, it looks like no-one has been on the server since the last wipe. Is there any benefit to another wipe when the server is basically fresh already? Might be better off re-allocating the server to more popular modpack - could even hold a vote on which modpack to add. ATM8 or 9 are options that come to mind. Just an idea.

1 hour ago, Banksia Slayer said:

From the live map, it looks like no-one has been on the server since the last wipe. Is there any benefit to another wipe when the server is basically fresh already? Might be better off re-allocating the server to more popular modpack - could even hold a vote on which modpack to add. ATM8 or 9 are options that come to mind. Just an idea.

I'm pretty sure the Livemap is bugged. It's stayed the same for years.

Honestly this feels like kind of a reach for “SOMETHING NEW” & considering that hardly anyone is even on this mod pack does it make sense to do this?

I myself just started playing the 1.12 pack again & within the last 3 weeks & I've maybe seen one other person on besides my initial friend who invited me to play on this server.

Just my two cents, I dont think the reset is all that necessary if no one else is playing to begin with. I personally think also just take it down altogether if you also cant have any staff playing or anyone online to help.

🪷

21 minutes ago, Lotusofdeath said:

I personally think also just take it down altogether if you also cant have any staff playing or anyone online to help.

🪷

It hurts to say since this was my main pack before, but you're right. The community has died down a lot and there are too many packs with only 1-2 people playing them. The 1.20 version would be the go-to if it weren't for the login issue. If Bruny can get that fixed I see no reason to keep so many different versions of Direwolf open.

OK, if the live map is bugged, then perhaps I'm wrong.

I do tend to agree that maybe having 4 different Direwolf servers is too many. But on the other hand, I've found the 1.19 and 1.20 versions play quite differently, so I'm happily playing both.  The main reason for this is that the 1.20 pack doesn't have the biomes mod (Oh The Biomes You'll Go) which has a huge effect on the overworld and the Nether, whereas the 1.19 version does. So maybe there is value in having multiple Direwolf servers, but only if people are on them. The Direwolf 1.19 server also has only 2 other people these last few weeks, it never really recovered from the massive griefing (spawn destroyed + deliberate lagging of server) by one player late last year.

One of my favorite mod packs. Dated yes but still alot of new players grind thru a pack relatively quickly even some of the newer big packs and alot of the players that I used to see all the time I haven't seen sense they moved on after reaching end game. As far as a wipe I am fine with it.

• Founder
On 6/9/2024 at 2:11 PM, Banksia Slayer said:

I have updated the live map, it was not rendered.

• brunyman unfeatured and unpinned this topic