[Help] [Custom Modpack]

Andrew2070

Hey guys i just have a few issues, that i need help with.

Basically i created my own ModPack, that is based on WW3, it has all kinds of mods and well i was working on a test server to show Brunyman in case he is interested in hosting it here.

The problem i face is as follows.

~Basically i got the ModPack finished and it was all ready to be compressed and uploaded.~

~This is how it looks once it has been patched up and finalized for the upload to dropbox.~

~This is the folder i finalize, minus the extra nuclear-revolution folder inside it~

lvLwpBa.png

~This is the folder once i download it with the technic launcher.~

~The launcher fails to load the mods and runs MC1.6.4 vanilla.~

~Because all the mods and coremods are stored in the duplicate folder in the modpack folder.~

~This folder is somehow made by technic, it appears somehow and causes vanilla.~

LFgH4lP.png

~I dont know where the error is, but it is either in the way i'm packing it, or how its downloaded~

~So the error either lies in the way i packed it or in technic's launcher for downloading it wrong~

~DropBox sharing link attached down below~

46DlhcQ.png

~This is how i get the direct download link for the mod file and give it to the modpack to use.~

1tR3Vq5.png

~This is the ModPack page, how it is right now, and with the appropriate download link for the pack.~

vX6FZOz.png

Anyone know why it downloads it this way?

Here is a simple breakdown:

Official modpack directory = Users/Andrew Shaw/.technic/modpacks/nuclear-revolution

What it does when installed:

Users/Andrew Shaw/.technic/modpacks/nuclear-revoultion/bin, macosx, etc/nuclear-revolution

The launcher makes a duplicate folder inside the actual folder, this duplicate folder contains the mods.

Thus the launcher cannot find the mods and runs 1.6.4 vanilla, because everything is in a duplicate folder.

It basically just downloads the pack into one folder, and then all the mods/files in a duplicate folder within it.

Archived