Web Displays Mod

RoastedEU

It's a pretty cool mod. Maybe we could add this? I'm not sure about how it affects server performance and there would probably be some immature players using this, But for the people who want to use this for good things and to make there base even cooler it might be a fun mod to add.

This is not how servers work unfortunately.

If I give an example... if a server has 50 mods the client must have 50 mods too and those exact mods with the same version too. Meaning that we can't simply add mods like this that we want because then no one would be able to connect if they don't manually download this extra mod. Which would kill all the accessibility of the server and would ruin our fame.

Unless we mak custom modpacks we couldn't add this, but even custom modpacks we've ran and they don't work out in the long run because we are dependant on our own fame and regulars to populate the server well enough to make it worthwhile.

That's why we have FTB servers and technic servers because those packs are popular and people regularly look for those serves, BAM! New players! :o

42 minutes ago, Henkekalmar said:

This is not how servers work unfortunately.

If I give an example... if a server has 50 mods the client must have 50 mods too and those exact mods with the same version too. Meaning that we can't simply add mods like this that we want because then no one would be able to connect if they don't manually download this extra mod. Which would kill all the accessibility of the server and would ruin our fame.

Unless we mak custom modpacks we couldn't add this, but even custom modpacks we've ran and they don't work out in the long run because we are dependant on our own fame and regulars to populate the server well enough to make it worthwhile.

That's why we have FTB servers and technic servers because those packs are popular and people regularly look for those serves, BAM! New players! :o

I understand completely. I didn't put much thought into this one. 

• Henk locked this topic

Archived