[Tekkit][1.7.10] World Automation V1.6C Released!

rmtworks

Doesn't look very compelling. I don't see anything that would make me go from Tekkit to this as it is basically the same content just 1.7.10. The list doesn't look to me like lots of thoughts have been put into selecting the mods, more like a random selection of what's available.

- Buildcraft+addons: outdated since forever, quarry causes lag, no one needs this mod. Period.

- Treecapacitator: basically pointless since you got TC.

- ChickenChunks: this mod is banned on all servers, why is it in the pack?

- ComputerCraft: outdated and completely replaced by the way better OpenComputers mod.

- No EnderIO? Why?

- IndustrialCraft: not sure if anyone still plays that but then well...

- legacyjavafixer: yeah we totally need that... not! :D

- Reis Minimap: seriously?? That thing is crap and has been replaced by several other mods for years.

- Veinminer: if a 3x3 TC hammer just isn't fast enough. Concept? nope...

I am not sure what the target was fo

r this mod, but to me it just looks boring as hell.

Dont judge a book by its cover. ;)

I don't. I just happen to have spent some time on designing mod-packs. ;)

BuildCraft causes the lag through block updates that occur every time items or fluids are sent through pipes (every change you see on a pipe is a block update). This is still on the latest release - obviously - and one of the reasons TE pipes are opaque.

As for the weapon: craft with all shiny and paper rods and you get this:

killa.png

That's 44 damage * 260% with Str II potion = 114.4 damage (57 Hearts). And since the weapon has moss it has infinite durability.

The painful part about FastCraft license:

- The version being redistributed must not be older than 3 weeks since a more recent version compatible with the same Minecraft version was released. Versions not posted in this opening post don't count as releases.

- Redistribution permissions are not permanently granted, they automatically expire within 3 weeks and need to be reacquired by agreeing to the latest conditions and implementing any potential changes, including ceasing redistribution altogether as required.

So if FastCraft updates you are forced to update the mod-pack within 3 weeks as well.

Considering we've been able to run the Tekkit Server with BC on 1.6.4 (and I think FTB has it too on 1.7.10) I don't think lag will be an issue for it. If it is an issue, then we can work to solve it in the future.

As far as the overly op weapons, I personally want this server to be an opt-in PvP experience, where players can enable PvP as they wish, and with enabling it they take the risk of being hit by one of those weapons. I don't want this server to be focused on PvP.

The FastCraft license does say that, but realistically, the author of that mod will not have anywhere near enough time to check that every modpack with FastCraft in it has been updated to the latest version within 3 weeks. If it is ever updated, updates will eventually be integrated.

I am all for opt-in PvP, but if someone in full power armor with that weapon camps the PvP spot, then well... it's not going to be fun. ;)

I had that experience yesterday on Tekkit, when someone tried to hit me and asked "How much damage did I do?" and I answered: "Zero" and one-hit him. Fun in that moment, but not fun if you actually want to do PvP.

It does have a limit, because in my survival world it didn't break the hammer, only bringing it close to 0 durability. There was however a nuclear bomb sized hole with ores remaining kinda like a xray, except the stone was really gone and thrown on the ground causing some lag.

It's not the sort of thing to call attention to really, though. You can't be expected to find every bug a force the creator to post fix instantly when you don't know if it will be a real problem. I mean look at tekkit. It had RIM and mining wells unbanned for forever before it got banned from 1 person abusing it. Pretty soon everything will be banned if you go about it this way. Take a look at the restricted items lists in tekkit? Really long, and countless unlisted items. Imo we should punish the abusers and leave the majority of things unbanned unless it is truly OP. I hope the modpack creators keep track of config thing and restricted items too, because it is the worst to be going along and then you can't do anything because it got disabled in a config and never mentioned anywhere.

I definitely agree with what you said there Monocrame, if it becomes an issue we'll find a solution. Currently if you look at the SkyFactory restricted items (http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/3228-skyfactory-restricted-items/) it will most likely be the same items from there if we have the same mod in this pack. The only other item that will need to be restricted thus far is the Cardboard Box from Mekanism, and potentially the Architect and Builder from BC Factory, after we do some more testing.

Okay, so, here's a draft Restricted Items list for this pack. There will probably be more that needs to be banned in the future, but this is our rough draft:

(the orange are things that potentially need to be disabled, and the red are things that definitely need to be disabled)

Disabled Mods:

·         Inventory Tweaks - Duplication bugs.

·         Balkon’s WeaponMod – Massive protection bypasses

Restricted Items:

·         SDX > Thinker's Construct - Protection bypass.

·         Needlegun > MineFactory Reloaded - Protection bypass.

·         Plastic Bag > MineFactory Reloaded - Duplication bugs.

·         Fishing Rod > MineFactory Reloaded - Protection bypass.

·         Syringe > MineFactory Reloaded - Protection bypass.

·         Florbs > Thermal Expansion - Protection bypass.

·         Slotted Book > BiblioCraft - Duplication bugs.

·         Network Tool > Applied Energistics - Protection bypass.

·         Chunk Loader > Chicken Chunks - less server lag (They can be placed but will disappear on server restart.)

·         Dolly and Diamond Dolly > JABBA - Protection bypass.

·         Cardboard Box > Mekanism – Duplication Bug

·         All Creative Only Items are restricted.

With this restricted items your stuff on the server will be safe from grief so you can play without worries.

• 5 months later...

I don't. I just happen to have spent some time on designing mod-packs. ;)

I don't want to say "I told you so"... just kidding, I love saying that! XD

2 people online at prime time... maybe it's not that huge success that everyone thought it would be.

I gave it a try for a few hours, but it really felt just like mods have been thrown together randomly with no actual composition whatsoever behind it. And I couldn't find any reason to prefer this over any other server/mod-pack out there. This mod-pack lacks uniqueness and it lacks popularity, and that is probably why no one seems to be playing it.

Archived