[Model] Your Pc.

OmgimYasso

Figured I would post the project pc that I'm building for my son.

CPU- Intel i5 3570K

CPU COOLER- Corsair H80i

MOTHERBOARD- MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA1155

SSD/HDD- 1TB 7,200rpm HDD

GRAPHICS CARD/VIDEO CARD- Two ATI Radeon 4870x2 running quad crossfire

Memory/RAM- 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz

CASE- Corsair Carbide 500R

POWER SUPPLY- Corsair AX1200 80+gold modular supply

OPERATING SYSTEM- Windows 8

MONITOR- Samsung 24" tv

AUDIO CARD- N/A (Onboard)

KEYBOARD- cheap logitech

MOUSE- cheap logitech (came as mouse+keyboard combo)

SPEAKERS- Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III

The system partially built, and me testing the parts with parts from my pc, I wanted to make sure the corsair h80i was on properly. I will update when I get a power supply to power the graphics cards.

http://imgur.com/a/juEUL

Fully built not really much change, just the psu, dvd drive, hdd installed and all wires routed. http://imgur.com/0EZJUDI

Cinebench and 3D Mark Ice Storm test http://imgur.com/a/RnNFo

Cinebench 4.2ghz overclock score http://imgur.com/XPXcVTs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured I would post the project pc that I'm building for my son.

CPU- Intel i5 3570K

CPU COOLER- Corsair H80i

MOTHERBOARD- MSI Z77A-GD65

SSD/HDD- 1TB 7,200rpm HDD

GRAPHICS CARD/VIDEO CARD- Two ATI Radeon 4870x2 running quad crossfire

Memory/RAM- 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1866mhz

CASE- Corsair Carbide 500R

POWER SUPPLY- Undetermined, Corsair 1200watt probably

OPERATING SYSTEM- Windows 7

MONITOR- Samsung 24" tv

AUDIO CARD- N/A (Onboard)

KEYBOARD- cheap logitech

MOUSE- cheap logitech (came as mouse+keyboard combo)

SPEAKERS- Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III

I need a power supply with 1000watts or more to run the two graphics cards. Once I piece it together I'll do some benchmarks and update the parts and add the benchmarks.

WTF is with ur power supply dude? You dont need anywhere near that much power. A 800- 1000 watt will do just fine. Also invest in a SSD to put the OS in, it helps a lot

WTF is with ur power supply dude? You dont need anywhere near that much power. A 800- 1000 watt will do just fine. Also invest in a SSD to put the OS in, it helps a lot

You don't know what your talking about. The graphics cards, two 4870x2 are very power hungry and actually a little out dated (released in 2008).

ATI recommends a 600watt power supply for 1 card, and 1000watt power supply for 2 cards.

Yes a 1000 watt will do just fine as you said, The only reason I said probably a 1200 watt is because I can get one for $180 used and the 1000 watt's are more than that new.

As I stated its undetermined what I will get.

Also I know a ssd is faster, I have one in my rig. This is for my son, hes 7yrs old he doesn't need a ssd.

I don't need your jedi advice ;) thanks.

And 800watts is not enough for both cards, The guy I bought them off of used a Antec earthwatts 1000watt psu though and that was enough for him. And as stated ATI says 1000 watts for 2 cards, 600 watts for 1 card. I'll go 1000 watts+ and if the price is right like the 1200 watt psu for $180 there is no reason to not get it.

Blah blah about power hungry quad CrossfireX

-Snip-

I agree with this.

Rom4ster, you should learn about this:

https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/power-requirements-for-graphics-cards

Don't try to be kid act.

still waiting on your screen shot of benchmarks @rom4ster plz do add detail as I have I'd like to compare in depth since you claim to use the same gpu as I, I'd like to see if your cpu and fps score better than my system. Do both Cinebench and 3DMark11.

still waiting on your pc specs and screenshots of benchmarks @OmgimYasso

CPU- Core i5 3.1GHz

CPU COOLER- Cooler master hyper

MOTHERBOARD- ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150

SSD/HDD- HITACHI 1TB

GRAPHICS CARD/VIDEO CARD- EVGA GeForce gtx 960 2GB

CASE- Roswell backbone mid tower.

POWER SUPPLY- 800w EVGA, not sure which model sorry.

OPERATING SYSTEM (Windows/Linux etc.)- Windows 8

MONITOR-Dell 19.5" 60hz

AUDIO CARD- None

KEYBOARD- Razer black widow

MOUSE- Razer naga

HEADSET/HEADPHONES- cheap logitech

Everything mentioned is true. And I'll try to get some pictures ASAP. Thanks. And btw Don, that case is amazing o.O

CPU- Core i5 3.1GHz

CPU COOLER- Cooler master hyper

MOTHERBOARD- ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150

SSD/HDD- HITACHI 1TB

GRAPHICS CARD/VIDEO CARD- EVGA GeForce gtx 960 2GB

CASE- Roswell backbone mid tower.

POWER SUPPLY- 800w EVGA, not sure which model sorry.

OPERATING SYSTEM (Windows/Linux etc.)- Windows 8

MONITOR-Dell 19.5" 60hz

AUDIO CARD- None

KEYBOARD- Razer black widow

MOUSE- Razer naga

HEADSET/HEADPHONES- cheap logitech

Everything mentioned is true. And I'll try to get some pictures ASAP. Thanks. And btw Don, that case is amazing o.O

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo is a beastly air cooler, that and the Noctua NH-D14/NH-D15 are all amazing.

Evga gtx960 is a awesome gpu. I got one for my brother for his bday and he absolutely loves it. Also I think Evga is the best route to go for any Nvidia based card. They use a better cooler than reference Nvidia cards, and the same pcb design so all the waterblocks for the reference cards fit on the evga cards  :D . Plus Evga warranty isnt void if you disassemble the cooler to clean it, replace thermal paste and pads, or even to swap it out entirely with a waterblock. As long as you keep the old cooler and can put it back together to what it was like in the beginning they will allow you to send it back to them.

Of course water damage isn't covered but if the water didn't leak and something else went on it you can put it back to how it was and send it in. Quite amazing actually. They have the best warranty and service of anyone I ever dealt with. EVGA for life  :x .

And what case XD my sons Corsair 500R or my NZXT Phantom 820. I like them both alot, white/black looks good. They both have awesome amount of room inside to work with too. I hate small cramped cases. Both can support two 240mm radiators too. The Corsair can have 1 front 1 top, the NZXT can have 1 bottom 1 top.

The Corsair 500R though has both HDD bays on thumb screws and you can remove them in seconds. My nzxt case only has 1 removable the other is riveted into the case  x( .

I still like my case more though http://imgur.com/SwKmjhE case led's instead of fan led's. And a dial to change it threw the spectrum of any color I want it to be.

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo is a beastly air cooler, that and the Noctua NH-D14/NH-D15 are all amazing.

Evga gtx960 is a awesome gpu. I got one for my brother for his bday and he absolutely loves it. Also I think Evga is the best route to go for any Nvidia based card. They use a better cooler than reference Nvidia cards, and the same pcb design so all the waterblocks for the reference cards fit on the evga cards  :D . Plus Evga warranty isnt void if you disassemble the cooler to clean it, replace thermal paste and pads, or even to swap it out entirely with a waterblock. As long as you keep the old cooler and can put it back together to what it was like in the beginning they will allow you to send it back to them.

Of course water damage isn't covered but if the water didn't leak and something else went on it you can put it back to how it was and send it in. Quite amazing actually. They have the best warranty and service of anyone I ever dealt with. EVGA for life  :x .

And what case XD my sons Corsair 500R or my NZXT Phantom 820. I like them both alot, white/black looks good. They both have awesome amount of room inside to work with too. I hate small cramped cases. Both can support two 240mm radiators too. The Corsair can have 1 front 1 top, the NZXT can have 1 bottom 1 top.

The Corsair 500R though has both HDD bays on thumb screws and you can remove them in seconds. My nzxt case only has 1 removable the other is riveted into the case  x( .

I still like my case more though http://imgur.com/SwKmjhE case led's instead of fan led's. And a dial to change it threw the spectrum of any color I want it to be.

Yea, true ur cases are damn sexy, can u give me a link where u got them from Don? And yes I got my self and air cooler, cuz it was really cheap, and I got the chance to. Evga provides good warranties and some monster graphics card, I'll post pictures when I get the chance too :)

Yea, true ur cases are damn sexy, can u give me a link where u got them from Don? And yes I got my self and air cooler, cuz it was really cheap, and I got the chance to. Evga provides good warranties and some monster graphics card, I'll post pictures when I get the chance too :)

http://www.memoryexpress.com/ is were I get all my parts. They're a local store were I live, One of only two. I might save a few dollars on newegg or ebay or something but I would like to support the store and keep them around so I get all my parts from them.

Plus then they back me on stuff, help me if i have to RMA something etc. And they carry good brands. I wish they still had Mushkin ram but they stopped carrying it because Mushkin wouldn't test their ram with motherboards. I never had a issue with Mushkin ram not working in any motherboard.

They had BFG and OCZ and LanParty before they all died as companies, R.I.P. Them I liked those brands too.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/ is were I get all my parts. They're a local store were I live, One of only two. I might save a few dollars on newegg or ebay or something but I would like to support the store and keep them around so I get all my parts from them.

Plus then they back me on stuff, help me if i have to RMA something etc. And they carry good brands. I wish they still had Mushkin ram but they stopped carrying it because Mushkin wouldn't test their ram with motherboards. I never had a issue with Mushkin ram not working in any motherboard.

They had BFG and OCZ and LanParty before they all died as companies, R.I.P. Them I liked those brands too.

Thanks alot don, appreciate it.

This post is not to condescend anyone or anything like that, It is to educate people on overclocking, And hopefully encourage more to try it out.
Pre-Built pc's and laptops etc use low end motherboards which disable alot of things you need to use to get a massively high overclock. BUT! you can still get more out of it!

I notice many of the users are not overclocking. This is not always a good thing.
Increasing voltages are often necessary to overclock a cpu or gpu past stock. This increases heat which means you need a better cooler.
BUT, At what point do you need a better cooler?? Well many AMD cpu's hold the world max overclock of over 8ghz!

Those overclocks were achieved with unrealistic liquid nitrogen cooling.
So, Do you need a AIO (all in one) liquid cooler or even a aftermarket air cooler to overclock? NO!

My AMD FX-8350 is a 4.0ghz/4.2ghz boost cpu. At 4.2ghz it actually disables 4 of the 8 cores on stock settings.
That disabling of the 4 of 8 cores will affect you depending on your task at hand. The cpu wont hit 4.2ghz with 4 of 8 cores disabled on gaming but other tasks will bring it to 4.2ghz 4core active.

Basically gaming you are looking at stock 4.1ghz not 4.2ghz and 1.4v  8cores not 1.416v 4cores.

So it all depends on what you are doing at the time, at stock settings.

So, My Cinebench below will show I can gain significant fps while overclocking a little higher than the stock cooler can actually take but this post is to show the difference of the two as I can.

This is why I went for a AIO Corsair H110i GT so that I can leave all 8 cores active and maintain low temps.

Now, At stock that 4.2ghz w/4cores disabled will reach 1.416v
With all 8 cores it reaches 1.40v
Temps are the same with each.

I can achieve 4.5ghz at 1.3815v and run lower temps! at a faster speed. Now before you decide to say "But Don you have a Corsair H110i GT liquid cpu cooler" remember the stock settings draw 1.416v at 4.2ghz 4core and 1.4v at 4.1ghz 8cores.

So why does AMD (AND Intel) do this? Because not all two things are the same. They over volt automatically to ensure that everything is working and remains that way.

So, Do you need a aftermarket cooler to overclock? No, And Yes. Depends what sort of overclock you want to reach.
In the end I can show I don't get any benefits for gaming over my overclock and I can achieve my overclock on my stock cooler.

What I want to show here is the difference between stock settings and overclocked.
And by that I mean I do not run over stock voltage with my liquid cooler just that I am making all 8 cores active always instead of disabling 4 of them once I run over 4.2ghhz. This is done threw bios settings that that will be dependent on the motherboard you have.

Stock settings, 1.416v 4.2ghz max (stock)
http://imgur.com/eDxmatp

Now compare that to the 4.7ghz 1.40v I posted in my original post. Not only am I running less voltage I am obviously running less temperature. Don't blame the Corsair H110i GT for those temps because the stock cooler is supposed to handle 1.416v 4.2ghz while I run 1.4v max at 4.7ghz on a liquid the cooler is not helping I can do that on the stock cooler as easily seen and be fine.

I run not only exceptional temps during heavy loads but I run much faster than any stock clocked cpu. Now why did I want to overclock my cpu? well look at the above fps on cinebench and the fps I got while overclocked. I eliminated all bottlenecks for my cpu to utiize the max of my gpu.

This was all done on BELOW then less of the stock voltage! This means the stock cooler (atleast for AMD) can handle alot more than it's intended for.

So the stock cooler can handle more than intended at a higher speed!?!

Well my situation is mine. Yours is yours. By this I mean no two things are the same. But In general YES! you can overclock your cpu to unlock that nice GTX970's performance or whatever you may have as a gpu. All while on the stock cooler, While using LESS voltage and LOWER temperatures on the cpu and get a higher FPS!!!!

Now I don't want to go farther than this as it comes down to so many aspects.
Basically, your stock cpu cooler is over engineered. It is able to handle voltages = temps much higher than needed.

Not every FX-8350 will be able to do 1.38v at 4.5ghz but most will. This not only lowered temps for me from stock but increased performance. And for you it will too.

Like I said do not copy my settings nothing is ever the same but anything that is faster yet cooler is always better in the pc world.

Difference of FX-8350 stock w/ GTX970FTW
VS
FX-8350 Overclocked w/ GTX970FTW

Stock: CPU 615 (4.02ghz / 4.20ghz turbo)
Stock: FPS 85.98
Overclocked: CPU 748 (4.72ghz)
Overclocked: FPS 104.37

You can see easily that its not to hard to grab another 20fps and 130 cinebench score while remaining within stock temps.
However I cant guarantee everyone can do this due to ambient temperatures, the actual lottery of parts you received and or bought of the shelf and due to differences in pc cases.

I live in Canada, It can get cold here and really never gets very hot here. Some places like in the desert can get much much hotter than here.
I have a massive case, My case has 11 fans including every single fan. (2 of those are on the gpu which don't activate until the gpu reaches 75 degrees set by me were they run at 10% and keep a nice 73 degrees temp)
My cpu is water cooled, but on 1.4v compared to stock 1.416v
My cpu is able to handle 4.7ghz at 1.4v while other's might not be able to do that. Nothing is the same EVER!
But usually with some playing around and tweaking you can get close.

I'd like to see alot more people looking into programs like HWINFO and HWMONITOR as well as Prime95 and doing some overclocking. Because overclocking does not mean lessened PC life or higher PC temps if done right and monitored you can achieve faster speeds with lower than stock temps!
Yes all while using stock components!

Overclocking for gaming especially has many uses, like gaining fps. I show with my orignal post of overclocked specs and stock specs here above you can get alot of fps by unlocking it threw your cpu if you have a gpu more powerful than your cpu can use.

This also means if your gpu cant keep up with the cpu you can overlock it but I have never had that need or want. I always have gotten gpu's that were fine at stock. So by mere slight cpu overclocking I would truly unlock that gpu that I spent $500+ on.

In the end this means I do not have to trade in my AMD FX8350 for anything newer because fps will not increase above what I get overclocked.

A side note: Stock settings are 4.0ghz 8cores active / 4.2ghz 4cores active and 1600mhz ram.
gpu is not affected in any way by stock settings other than the stock settings do limit its potential as shown by the imgur post in this post vs the imgur post I gave in my very first pc specs post were I show my overclock.

Also. No shutting off 4 of the 8 cores and trying to get faster speeds will not work. AMD shuts 4 cores off to hit 4.2ghz stock 1.416v but this is all because of the whole no two things are the exact same. They are playing the game exceptionally safe to #1 be able to sell products later that are the EXACT same as what you have yet advertised to run stock faster speeds. and #2 to ensure that you don't return it due to it not actually working.
Like I can run 8 cores 1.4v 4.7ghz, so lower voltage faster speed and more cores but while keeping the same temps.

I can run the stock cooler at my 4.7ghz 1.4v 8 cores active but it would be loud. My Corsair H110i GT lets me be near silent. 1 meter away you cant even tell the PC is on. 

This post is not to confuse you, If you wish you can google anything and mostly get the answers you need. If you don't or won't you can pm me.

Remember, Just because I can run 4.7ghz @ 1.4v does not mean you can with the exact same setup. Nothing ever is the same, But you can probably get close in most cases. Not guaranteed. However 1.4v is less than 1.416v and 1.4v running 4.7ghz is alot better than 1.146v 4.2ghz. As long as you can keep it all cool.

I can get into so much more with this post. It can get very in depth and I can help you overclock but for now this post is long enough. I am not attempting to give you a guideline so much as trying to show you that the stock specs are above what you actually need and that without a doubt you can get more performance without any extra parts most of the time with lower temperatures.

Stock settings I see 40 degrees socket temp and 40 degrees cpu temp while overclocking to 4.7ghz at 1.4v I see a 40 degrees socket temp yet get a lower 35 degrees cpu temp. This is not due to liquid cooling this is due to lowering of voltage.

Liquid cooling is not really about getting max overclocks its about getting silence. And I have a near silent pc, I need to swap out two fans as they are above 30db in sound and pickup on microphones easily. But once I replace 2 fans I will have a basically silent pc under 20db at 1 meter away which is the standard measurement. 

So you can get more performance, with less volage, with less noise. Without pushing things beyond the limits.

To push beyond the limits? Well that obviously means to cool things down so you can do that, This post can be so much longer and go so many ways.
Basically, Everyone can push past stock. And some can push past what the stock users can due to aftermarket cpu coolers etc and then theres the guys running AIO liquid coolers then the guys running complete system liquid coolers on massive intel i7 beasts with 4 Nvidia Titan gpu's.

There is so many and basically to many factors to actually post in this post. It's already massive as it is, maybe the largest I ever posted.
But There is little to lose and much to gain with overclocking. Especially If you can get 4.7ghz with 1.40v when 4.2ghz 1.416v is taken at stock!

Basically. I would like to see more overclock to get the most of what they have. I am trying to help others out, You do not need a massive cooler etc. 62 degrees celsius is max  amd cpu temp and 72 celsius is max socket while alot of intels are max 90+ cpu temp and idk about socket temp.

Either way if a amd cpu can hit 62c core and 72c socket while a intel can hit maybe 82c and 92c core or whatever if you can achieve a higher clock speed while lower temps you are losing nothing and gaining everything.

Do some research, find out max temps etc and get some programs to monitor and go to town and unlock that power you have.
I'd be most concerned with doing this to a laptop or a off the shelf pc. I would not ever overclock a laptop or off the shelf pc without modifications to cooling as they are both always using the most basic cooling methods especially with laptops.

Modification to cooling does not always equal more noise etc. I have 7 fan spots on my pc case, yet 11 fans in the pc including 2 from the gpu. In all I have a fan controller limiting speeds and the gpu is auto speed limited and its very very very quiet. More fans doesn't always mean better, but, It can mean the same cooling while maintaining a lower level of noise! Also depending on how far you want to push your overclock and what you do on your pc will affect what you need to modify for your cooling. Off the shelf pc's usually have 1 rear fan, and one on your cpu that's it! But if you watch temperatures and keep voltage within stock specs you have nothing to lose. I would recommend you add a intake fan though at the very least. maybe even upgrade the cpu heatsink but its not necessary in all situations.
Slit is overclocked you can see his specs on page 1. To my knowledge his pc does not have anything fancy just stock fans and a stock cpu heatsink.

(I already edited this like 5 times and added onto this so imma stop, Thers alot to it all in the end I just felt that my stock CineBench vs overclocked CineBench was something to show so that others would see why did I overclock at all?)

Btw only overclocked on cpu to get that potential from my $500 GTX970 and past 4.7ghz the potential is not affected therefore not necessary for my to pass that for gaming.

I always do that though, get a older lesser cpu and a newer better gpu then overclock the cpu to take advantage. Even with having as new of a cpu as gpu you still would have to overclock to take advantage anyways.
Run  your own benchmarks and see If you want to. Watch youtube etc If your running 1080p you basically can use products from 2008 (8 years old) and achieve maximum performance.

That's another note to be had. I run 1080p not 4k and I run 60hz. Not even sure if over 60hz affects anything but I do know that over 1080p would affect everything.

Most users monitors are 60hz meaning 60fps is all that is displayable and I don't see anyone with a monitor here capable of over 60hz or 60fps therfore the posted fps I can display in benchmarks etc are actually not useful to me in game in any way other than that I can maintain 60fps or more.
Maintaining 60+ fps was my goal, Since that is my monitor specs and I don't want or plan to go to a higher 144hz monitor or a 4k resolution etc monitor.

1080p @ 60hz with 60fps+ is all I and really anyone needs. That Is what I wanted to achieve and did achieve.
I already edited this many times adding many sentences, actually added on a entire paragraph atleast since last edit.

What matters is the stock ratings I posted above vs the overclocked ratings I posted in my first post on page 1.
What I am getting is more speed with lower voltages and lower temps with a higher fps.

A higher than 60fps even though above the 60hz refresh means that I can maintain a more stable overall fps so that I can enjoy forever in game a stable 60fps ish.
This way I am not losing out on the max display performance, And I am also not losing out on the max pc performance. While more pc performance is to be had with the right things done I do not need or want to get that far yet.

Slooty's PC

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 [stock 3 GHz, Current OC 3.3GHz]

CPU Cooler: Stock Intel cooler [60C at max load]

Motherboard: TP43D2-A7 Ver. 6.x

HDD: 2x Western Digital 230GB

GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb [Core clock:970-800 MHz, Memory clock 1GHz (for now)]

Case: Cardboard :3

PSU: Antec 380W "EarthWATTS"

OS: Windows 10 Professional x64 sometimes linux when I need work done.

Monitors: GEM GL-821A ViewSonic VA20xx

Audio Card: RealTek HD Audio [Have another random card that I might put in]

Keyboard: Old ass Logitech keyboard

Mouse: Havit HV-MS691

Headset/Headphones: Some 20$ sony earbuds -1 earbud

UPDATE

CPU is now a Core 2 Quad Q8300 overclocked to about 2.8GHz

UPDATE

CPU is now a Core 2 Quad Q8300 overclocked to about 2.8GHz

Nice stuff.

I got the new system up and running. And here's some info.

http://imgur.com/0EZJUDI

http://imgur.com/a/RnNFo - 3.4ghz 3.8ghz turbo

overclock to 4.2ghz,http://imgur.com/XPXcVTs not sure why cinebench shows 3.4ghz still but cpu-z and hwinfo both show 4.2ghz so its just a cinebench error. You can tell the o.c. works with the increase in score.

574 @ 4.2ghz for the 3570k and 669 @ 4.2ghz turbo for the fx8350. I overclocked the fx8350 to force it into 4.2ghz which is turbo clock, the 3570k has a 3.8ghz turbo which is the 512 score. Regardless of what cinebench shows the 512 score the 3570k cpu did run 3.8ghz and for the 574 it was 4.2ghz.

Here's some benches of the fx8350 at various speeds including it forced into 4.2ghz turbo, It doesn't usually turbo past 4.1ghz unless I force it to.

http://imgur.com/a/idctk

• 2 weeks later...

Damn a beast of a PC but rip power bill

​From the psu guru, Jonny Guru. Efficiency though, its still probably putting out around 900-1000watts but atleast its efficient about it when it draws the AC power from the wall. A more efficient power supply can convert less AC into more DC power. Its probably somewere close to the same useage as my 750watt 80+bronze

The thing is, even though a power supply is putting out say 1000watts DC power, its only drawing maybe 450-500 AC power from the wall. That # is just from thin air every power supply is different and will draw different load from the wall depending on the rig and power supply.

Basically just because its a 1200watt power supply doesn't mean it would draw more than say a 750watt power supply, it all depends on a multitude of variables but Ill let you know how much the power bill went up :P

Jonny Guru summary:

Summary

There is a whole lot to like about the new Corsair AX1200, and very little indeed to hate. Lots of power, lots of connectors, and all of those connectors come off if you want them to. And we can't forget about the efficiency, which just about outclasses everything else I've ever tested. Do you need any other reason to buy one? Let's face it - Corsair's new baby is made of awesome sauce, and I know you all want a taste. Stop reading my review and buy one, already!

Performance

Functionality

Value

Aesthetics

Total Score 9.8

The Good:

• among the highest efficiency I've tested to date
  • extremely low ripple
  • lots of connectors
  • fully modular
  • very stable

The Bad:

• somehow, they're going to have to top this one... eventually

The Mediocre:

• single 12V rails are nice... to a point. I think we're getting real close to reaching that point.

• 2 weeks later...

Ismael18L - PC Portable

System: Windows 8.1 Home Edition

DirectX: 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Type of processor: 2x, 1800MHz

System memory: 3288 MB

Graphics card: AMD Radeon R4 Graphics

Monitor: Monitor PnP generic [NoDB]

Sound card: Speakers (Realtek High Definit and XSplit Stream Audi)

P.S: Do not understand much of this, but only is that computer is VERY BAD xD

Ismael18L - PC Portable

System: Windows 8.1 Home Edition

DirectX: 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Type of processor: 2x, 1800MHz

System memory: 3288 MB

Graphics card: AMD Radeon R4 Graphics

Monitor: Monitor PnP generic [NoDB]

Sound card: Speakers (Realtek High Definit and XSplit Stream Audi)

P.S: Do not understand much of this, but only is that computer is VERY BAD xD

Wot, the only thing i got out of that is you have like 3.5GB of ram and a dual core processor.

Archived