[BUG?] Bound blade restricted in FTB Infinity Evolved

UN_Owen

So after attempting to create the Bound Blade by using the ritual of binding on a sword of the zephyr, I found I could not pick it up.

An admin for the Infinity Evolved stated that the restriction was not intentional. I can't see why it would be, as the bound blade has no area-of-effect ability to bypass restrictions.

This is not the case in the Direwolf20 modpack, which appears to be the copy-and-paste source of the banned item list.

Someone was suggesting that there was an item id shift.

This prevents progression to a tier 4 blood altar, and by connection, progression through magic as much of the magic tree requires the weak blood shards and higher level blood altar's materials.

Kindly make a decision as to whether or not to unrestrict the item, and I would appreciate it if you checked if bound armor has similar restrictions as it is pretty useful without having much griefing potential.

-Owen

DISCLAIMER: This is my personal opinion, do not take my word for it!

As far as I remember, ItemRestrict uses numeric ID's that change from modpack to modpack. I don't know if brunyman changed them or not, but it could be that. I have used the Bound Blade as well as the Bound armor on DW20 (it's similar to FTB IE so things can be ported over) and they are safe. I don't see any reason for them to be restricted.

2 minutes ago, †Th3Fanbus said:

As far as I remember, ItemRestrict uses numeric ID's that change from modpack to modpack. I don't know if brunyman changed them or not, but it could be that. I have used the Bound Blade as well as the Bound armor and they are safe. I don't see any reason for them to be restricted.

Have you used them in FTB Infinity Evolved?
I recently did the ritual of binding as soon as I touched the sword it threw a red error message about the item being restricted due to protection bypass and swiftly vanished.

Would you mind logging in and showing me?
I actually haven't seen anyone with a T4 altar.

1 minute ago, †Th3Fanbus said:

Sorry if I confused you, I used them on DW20. Editing the original post.

I've tried to bring this to the attention of the community since it's pretty crushing to the magic-tree users on the FTB Infinity evolved since it cuts off botania and even thaumcraft from progressing.

I appreciate your input.

Archived