Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

DW20 1.10

Bad_Wolf_Bay

I have a suggestion to help, possibly, reduce a major amount of lag in the server.

The dimension that I chunk load is my molten uranium dimension.  I know it causes lag, but it's how I get fuel for my reactors (until we can get a draconic fusion reactor going).  For those of us who have these and other like molten/liquid dimensions; I would suggest a trade in program. 

We, the players, who successfully create such dims (molten uranium, manyullyn, etc.) trade it in to the server. The server then offers up a creative cache with said blocks or ingots set in it (I think the cache makes it infinite (probably will need game moderators for this)).  That way we have what we need without having to continually chunk load a laggy dim.

And don't just swap it unconditionally....say, the dim in question has to cause a 5 or greater tps drop and after the swap, the cache in question will be deleted after a set period (maybe a week or 5 days or something). 

That way the lag is reduced, we have a set amount of time to pump out as much of what's in the cache as we can, and we the player, (let's face it, since most of us, once we get complacent, get careless and usually lose our dim due to some stupid thing or another,) would have to rebuild the dim if we wanted to keep getting said item indefinitely.  

Yeah, it will require a bit of extra work for everyone...the gm's to handle it (I doubt a system could be automated when it comes to the actual trade, though a script could probably be set up to remove the specific cache after a set time), and the players for having to recreate the dims if they want to keep pulling from the cache's. 

And, as an extreme measure, if someone has a dim that they can trade in for a cache and they don't want to (or outright refuse to), (this would be if they kept loading in a laggy dim or the dim caused massive amounts of lag) then have a gm wipe the dim itself.  

Yes, it's very extreme, but if it (the dimension) is causing problems and the player refuses to compromise, then yes, either wipe it or "break" it with no refund.  It sucks and the player will be mad, but the masses of other players would probably be on the gm's side....we hate the lag...the lag is bad...very very bad.

Just a suggestion; thanks for hearing out my rant. :)

Bad_Wolf_Bay

Archived