[DW 1.7.10] Progressing in the Spiritworld is extremely difficult

TwoThe

Progressing Witchery requires the player to travel to the Spiritworld dimension, which is basically a "restart from scratch" world, as the player cannot transfer any items between dimensions (aside from a few Witchery items). In single-player you usually build a base, get the altar going and proceed to create the Flowing Spirit brew (as many times as possible). On this server however this becomes almost impossible to do for several reasons.

The most problematic one is that you need drops from bats as part of the crafting materials for the brew. The player must hunt bats to get them to drop Wool of Bat, which is a rare drop. As there are no bats anywhere on the server, the only way to get those items legally is to go through the tech mods to be able to maintain a MFR-spawner (the others are almost impossible to build), and then hope for the MFR fisher to generate a safari net containing a bat.

This would be a nice challenge if the dimension wouldn't get wiped, but with the regular wipes this task becomes close to impossible. 

Tinker's knapsack doesn't work, because you cannot access the inventory GUI. Haven't tried the belt.

Aside from that it should be possible without cheating like that. I would accept something like an enderchest built in the spirit world, but using Tinker's belt feels to me like borderline exploiting.

"Having to do everything again in the spirit world" is something I find very enjoyable. The whole concept of this dimension is to restart "from scratch" at a higher difficulty. Basically the same fun like playing the Infinity pack on expert.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived